Losing power at high rpms

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

iaminsider

That does not sound like bad gas to me. I hate to say it but it sounds like the issue lies with the PCV. Either wiring harness has some issues or the controller itself.

The bike runs like a fine clock 99% of the time. On throttle, off throttle, up and down the range, revving in neutral... the bike acts like it always has.

The only stumbling/stalling I've had is immediately after it cuts power in the upper rev range.
Sounds to me like an electrical issue. Would definitely recommend unhooking the PC and seeing what happens. Also, do you still have your GoPro? Maybe mount it to your tank and watch your dash and record what happens so we can see an example of whats happening?

Also, I am around after 545p on Monday so I could swing by and see whats up?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

mike

Haven't had any time but will be checking the fuse box, my battery's readout and speed sensor wire tomorrow. Thanks for sticking with me through this fellas, it's driving me crazy!
Just curious have you tried to pull the fault codes from the dash? Just because the check engine light is not on doesn't mean there aren't stored faults. I have been a mechanic for going on 13 years and running fine at low rpm and losing power in high rpms kinda sounds like it may be starving for fuel. If it had low battery voltage to the injection system i doubt the fuel pump would even come on and if it did it should definitely set a fault.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member