Liter bike upgrade?

FastFreddy

I'd definitely love to feel the pull of 200 HP on the S1000RR. Your balls would definitely grow bigger from riding the S1000RR.

I heard the Diavel is a drag weapon.

Hellgate

The Aprillia has non next to useless traction control apparently.
And this comes from your expert opinion?

The Aprilia APRC system is perhaps the best one can buy.

And Aprilias are NOT $20k.

A NEW Tuono is $11, 999. A new RSV4R is $12, 999.

You may want to brush up on your "info" before spouting BS next time.

Have a nice day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

FastFreddy

NON-"next-to-useless", in other words Aprillia TC is supposed to be really good and the others you have to largely turn off depending on how you ride.

I know the Aprilia system is good, I'm giving the back hander to the other bikes.

Learn to read before you spout BS to me.

And this comes from your expert opinion?

The Aprilia APRC system is perhaps the best one can buy.

And Aprilias are NOT $20k.

A NEW Tuono is $11, 999. A new RSV4R is $12, 999.

You may want to brush up on your "info" before spouting BS next time.

Have a nice day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hellgate

Eh, Fred. Responded via PM.

JSP I'm sure you have a PM from said "expert."

Cheers, Y'all!

Hellgate

Well if I'm already in trouble for spouting BS.

It's apparent if you buy a wog bike you start getting unreasonably emotional like them and start sooking to mommy.
I've not idea what my mother has to do with this as she is dead.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

anticsd

The only thing I'm really concern is weight, but coming from an 6r everything is lighter! :D

I'm gonna test out my buddies R1 in March and see how liter bikes handle. I know its not an Aprillia or BMW but it should give me a good idea on how they'll handle.

Brock Kickass

The only thing I'm really concern is weight, but coming from an 6r everything is lighter! :D

I'm gonna test out my buddies R1 in March and see how liter bikes handle. I know its not an Aprillia or BMW but it should give me a good idea on how they'll handle.

My FZ1 with the mods I have done weighs at least 15lb less than my FZ6R did. It's not a light bike by any standard. You notice the weight in really technical stuff but you also notice it in high speed sweepers. Tipped over in a long curve doing 100mph it feels like it's on a rail.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

At 455lbs, the R1 is about 15lbs lighter than the 470lb 6R... And, at 420lbs, the R6 is still roughly 35 lbs lighter than the R1... Although the power each machine makes is also drastically different, to me, the R6 is probably, arguably, the best of the 3 worlds...

Weight makes the most noticeable difference in cornering I think, because it affects how quickly you can make micro corrections. The heavier the bike, the more committed you are to whatever line and entry speed you take. For this reason, a bigger bike is more difficult to manage at higher speeds entering/ exiting turns.

I've never tried the S1KRR, but I imagine it suffers from the exact same issues as the R1, which are (a) way too much "useable" power, and (b) "heavy" weight for a sport bike.

The S1K has substantially more power, but having too much power and a heavy bike actually makes everyday tasks- ie going to the gas station, navigating parking lots, city traffic etc a lot more annoying. I'm sure it's a blast at the track though.

Just good for thought.

danieljardim

Keeping mind that I went from the Fz6R to the Hayabusa is that if your going to upgrade then you might as well actually upgrade to the liter bike... I think going from a 600 to a liter should buy you 2/3 seasons of contentment. Where as if you upgrade to a 600 gixxer or something you will want to upgrade to the liter within a season. I say bunny hop over that step, it only goes as fast as you spin your wrist..

All just my opinion..
Agree with anthony, If you know how to ride responsible is more cost effective to just jump to your final decision (that's is why I jumped from 6R to diavel)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

I bet! I can hang and hammer the first 3 gears WOT... this is about how long I can hold my breath. LOL The hardest thing is to keep the front wheel on the ground :canada:
hey Marthy good to see you over on the yamahafz1oa forum :cool:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member