I caught the bug and purchased a second bike..

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Decided I really wanted this bike from the second week I joined this forum and got my first bike! Pulled the trigger on it last week and it's being shipped from Washington to me here in Arkansas this week. I'm so excited. Now nobody can ever call me a motorcycle color racist because I have 2 colored bikes.. Haha.. Ebony and Ivory. ;)

I can't wait to ride this thing.. I never thought I would own a triumph because I've never liked them, but I never saw a Daytona 675R. My bike looks exactly like this, but has case covers, fork protectors, gel seat, tank pad, carbon fiber add ons galore, block off plates, pc5 and double bubble windshield. Time is moving so slow waiting for it to get here! I can't wait to take a picture of both of them parked next to each other.

Attachments

katai

Congratulations !! :)
Never ride this kind of Triumph before . I got to ride a 1999 Sprint 900 and its power was awesome

Brent27

Great looking bike!! I've heard great things about the Daytona. Should be a fun bike. Congrats! And good luck not going crazy waiting!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

brownwa

Track days did it to you right? :)
My buddy here has a 675R and swears down by the bike, you're a very lucky man. Congrats!

blkbrd

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Thanks guys! Well, I want to get into track, but nothing is close to me at all. But I hope to at some point in the new year, especially for some training. I think I've become more of a deep, back highway, Arkansas road riding type of guy. It's really all I got here, lol. BUT - there's a ton of it. I just fell in love with the look of the 675R initially and was fortunate that the bike I set my eyes on also happened to be a beautifully, well-rounded machine. All I've ever really rode is the FZ6R (other than dirt bikes growing up) so I'm just excited to feel the different riding stance and handling/performance. I feel like a kid again with this anticipation, lol. Just sucks that it'll probably take a month to get here with the hauling company (loose delivery terms) so it'll most likely be sitting in the garage and taunting me til spring.

lark

How far away is Barber for you? I've been thinking about doing a day out there. Will wait til next year when I can afford it lol

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

No idea. I think the closest tracks for me are in Oklahoma and TX from what I've heard some people say, but I'm not 100%. Good thing is we have a lot of roads like this in Arkansas. This little section is called the Pig Trail not too far from me. Normally not that much traffic as it shows in that picture.

Attachments

ch33zecake

My goodness that is one sexy looking bike! I've always admired how the 675R looked aesthetically. It's a pretty aggressive riding position. I sat on one and felt more aggressive than my '14 CBR600RR. It almost feels like an R6 where the footpegs are set higher and further back. It actually feels better that way especially if you plan to take your 675R to the track or ride on curvy roads. My CBR feels more upright in comparison because the footpegs are in a pretty neutral spot. The riding stance will feel really weird for the first week or two. Then you will get used to it and think nothing of it. I really wanna demo one of these bad boys. Congrats on your 2nd bike!

I really wish I was able to keep my FZ6R for riding around town. I'm actually planning to get a 2nd bike. I'm thinking about the FZ-07 or even the FZ-09...

Last edited:

ch33zecake

No idea. I think the closest tracks for me are in Oklahoma and TX from what I've heard some people say, but I'm not 100%. Good thing is we have a lot of roads like this in Arkansas. This little section is called the Pig Trail not too far from me. Normally not that much traffic as it shows in that picture.
That road looks awesome!

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Yea Arkansas is full of great but horrible roads, lol. These hillbillies don't keep up maintenance to well. :facepalm: