Elite Member

Fizzer6R

ZX10R/ZX14R, I am your father

buzzbomb

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

pkoko

If it is a pure dragster; then yeah this bike is all hype. But the rumors say that they are gunning for BMW HP4 & Ducati Pannigale 1199 Superleggera in terms of track performance at thousands less. If so; then this bike deserves all the hype.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

pkoko

See I've actually read the exact opposite as far as pricing. I've seen estimates in the $30K and higher range. You're not going to get a bike that comes with carbon fiber fairings for less than $20K. Just not gonna happen.
I heard pricing around $20k for base version without electronic suspension or carbon fiber etc. But with full tech package or TC, ABS, Anti-wheelie, Quick Shifter, even stability control (adjust braking and throttle based on lean angle). Then a race/track ready version with electric suspension, aftermarket exhaust, SS brake lines, carbon fiber etc for around $26k. Those prices are still cheaper than comparably equipped bikes from BMW & Ducati.

pkoko

What if? What if Kawi has perfected a supercharger that is always open, just sucking in the oxygen, and is sitting there ready for when you need it.?
Then that supercharger will always be sucking power to compress air to be released thru the blow-valve. Very inefficient setup. What Kawi can do is use a twin-screw supercharger with a pulley (supercharger isn't always running); so the spool time is very very short. It will feel as if there is instant power. But such system is a lot more complicated to design & less reliable than a conventional centrifugal supercharger. I suspect they reach a compromise and go for centrifugal supercharger of low rotational inertia to allow fast spool times. The downside is the boost will not be very high so power at high rpms will not be very peaky. I anticipate a very linear downward slope torque curve. Similar to Ford Eco-boost engine.

The end result, this bike will have unheard of power at low rpms for I4. I wouldn't be surprised if it made 125+ ft-lbs of torque at less than 3k rpms. High rpm power will feel a little tame... kinda like a big v-twin or V8. Either-way, this bike will be more powerful & faster than any bike on the market. :D

FastFreddy

Then that supercharger will always be sucking power to compress air to be released thru the blow-valve. Very inefficient setup. What Kawi can do is use a twin-screw supercharger with a pulley (supercharger isn't always running); so the spool time is very very short. It will feel as if there is instant power. But such system is a lot more complicated to design & less reliable than a conventional centrifugal supercharger. I suspect they reach a compromise and go for centrifugal supercharger of low rotational inertia to allow fast spool times. The downside is the boost will not be very high so power at high rpms will not be very peaky. I anticipate a very linear downward slope torque curve. Similar to Ford Eco-boost engine.

The end result, this bike will have unheard of power at low rpms for I4. I wouldn't be surprised if it made 125+ ft-lbs of torque at less than 3k rpms. High rpm power will feel a little tame... kinda like a big v-twin or V8. Either-way, this bike will be more powerful & faster than any bike on the market. :D
I saw a twin gear on the centrifugal supercharger, so it gets boost throughout the rev range.

The single sided swingarm ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbfzahtZsN8

blkbrd

Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

And I should qualify my comment about Hayabusas and ZX14s. I know there are guys out there who do ride their Hayabusas. One of my best riding buddies used to be a 'Busa guy and he loves them. He's had 4 of them and has done track days on them. (Ironically the same guy is now a SuperMoto rider and his favorite bike is a 40hp DRZ400 lol ) But the VAST majority of 'busa's you see, at least in SoCal, are bike night and bike show queens. They're the choppers of the sportbike world. 3" wide chicken strips on their 300mm rear tires that sit 3 feet behind their seat on their chrome extended swingarm but they've never hit a track, even a drag strip, in their life. You suggest a 180 mile Saturday morning loop ride and they think you're insane for riding that many miles in one day. They may have even trailered their bike to the bike night. (Yes I've seen that) The biggest squid I've ever ridden with was on a lowered 'busa with chrome spinners, spikes all over it, a 280mm rear tire (which he plugged that morning after getting a nail in it, then blowing the plug out right in front of me :eek: ) and a "custom" airbrushed Batman paint scheme on it. :jerk: He's the reason I stopped doing the public posted group rides where anyone could just show up. lol I can just see these bikes falling into the same category. If not, I'd be happy to admit I was wrong about them if they prove to be a real track/street bike that can do more than just go in a straight line fast.
sorry man, you're coming off as very judgemental. just because someone buys any kind of moto and doesn't ride it the way you do/want them to, doesn't make them any less of a bike owner than you are.

seems you're looking at this H2 from a practical view, and don't think that's why kawi built it. they did it to shake up the industry, and they succeeded. credit is deserved.