kawasaki H2 superbike

ksanbon

great! for 300hp the speed is to be expected really , as the busa & ZX14 are factory limited to 186mph, uncorked they push 200mph w/200hp
The 210 mph wasn't what impressed me because it sounds like it'll go a lot faster. What got my attention was
1. it needs the wings
2. one of the riders hit a bird on his helmet at 200 mph - can't imagine what that was like

Fizzer6R

The 210 mph wasn't what impressed me because it sounds like it'll go a lot faster. What got my attention was
1. it needs the wings
2. one of the riders hit a bird on his helmet at 200 mph - can't imagine what that was like
the wings may help in straight line stability, although someone brought up an interesting point that those rockets running the top speed salt flat races don't usually have them?

from what I've read so far is they are more there to control air flow where needed to cool the bike parts b/c of the supercharger, they get hotter than a normal bike... same w/the lack of lower fairing/belly pan - figure for better true aerodynamic results it would have...

either way, I'm sure they tested the heck out of it in a wind tunnel to see

I've hit objects (not that big) at well over triple digits and not much time to think/react; he prob. just tightened his grip so he wouldn't fall off!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

ksanbon

the wings may help in straight line stability, although someone brought up an interesting point that those rockets running the top speed salt flat races don't usually have them?

from what I've read so far is they are more there to control air flow where needed to cool the bike parts b/c of the supercharger, they get hotter than a normal bike... same w/the lack of lower fairing/belly pan - figure for better true aerodynamic results it would have...

either way, I'm sure they tested the heck out of it in a wind tunnel to see
You might be right, but I was basing my comment on this:
“I went 210mph on it today,” said Kawasaki test rider and racer Jeremy Toye on his Instagram account on October 2, accompanied by a picture of an H2R. “The wings really work.”
I'll admit he might have said it for promotional purposes, but again, the wings might have made a significant difference in adding stability...

Last edited: