Just sharing a discussion

Bert-Aus

The following is email correspondence between myself & my brothers,
namely harassing my brother for purchasing a '14 VFR & not upgrading the whole way to a ZX-14, as he had been posturing.

Just thought I would share some giggles

Kwaka Ninja H2

To: Peter; Simon
Subject: RE: See what you could have waited for Rich!

Yes, but does it...
1. Have heated hand grips?
2. Tell me my instant fuel economy, average fuel economy for both trip meters?
3. Tell me the inside and outside air temperatures?
4. Have the worlds second most complex valve actuation system in order to power an 800cc bike that weighs as much as a 1200cc so that it goes like a 750cc?
5. Look a little bit Parnigalish from certain angles?

Yes, I think not!

Regards,
Richard Young

To: Peter, Richard
Subject: RE: RE:See what you could have waited for Rich!

I hope you crossed yourself before inferring (and misspelling) the name of the all mighty Bolognese express the 1199 Panigale

I would just like to say, my 1997 ST2 has awesome climate control technology,
the climate on the bike perfectly matches the surrounding climate so therefore not requiring the need to display inside and outside air temperature,
features the world’s most complex valve actuation system that in combination with the dry clutch from an Italian tractor,
sounds exactly like an Italian tractor at idle (trust me I own a Fiat 415 tractor from 1968 and it’s an uncannily similar clatter, and both clutches require a similar amount of effort to operate, no poofy vacuum assistance there).

As for fancy fuel read outs, pffft I have a lovely pretty bar chart that slowly reduces from engine make rattly noises to Simon make grumpy swear noises over the space of 350+ km.
Being Italian there is no need to double down your luck on spaghetti marelli electronic voodoo with fancy heated grips,
be a man!, just reach down and grab the upwards facing rocker cover to defrost those frozen fingies,
prior to having to squeeze a lump of coal into a diamond to activate the clutch.

So how long until you bend up a replica of the Arrow pro-racing steel cap to unleash the dB your singer sewing machine is crying out to release?

Regards,

Simon