JonKerr's GoPro Videos

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ChrisFZ6R09

Thanks guys. I'm going to try the MotoGP style pillion cam this weekend. I really don't like the helmet cam much. It really seems to straighten out the road a lot. You can't tell how tight and twisty it really is.
That's what i'm thinking. Perhaps closer to the road can really show how low and how tight some of the curves actually are.

ChrisFZ6R09

Keep them coming though, love seeing all you Cali guys videos... get to see a lot of great roads.
Same here for you CA guys! We're stuck in the cold rut still for now...hopefully no more snow and ice for a while. 50+ please come to NC!

JonKerr

Elite Member

ChrisFZ6R09

How possible is it to mount it to the front of the bike? I'm talking right below/above/next to the headlight?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ChrisFZ6R09

That's awesome dart, i like your style... FW (F*** WINTER) LOL

Nice placement for the camera. I think you had some angle on it...perhaps that's just my brain that turned slightly sideways. Good STUFF!

ChrisFZ6R09

nice toof! I had a vision and that is the exact spot i saw in my head.

i need to hurry up and rob a bank so i can purchase that GoPro!

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWer80WDhY]YouTube - GMR fall[/ame]

Guess he didnt tether his!

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Nice video Jon! The sun always looks like a black dot in ur videos... ^_^

That GMR video was funny too... Lucky his camera wasn't broken... =P

I just went up to GMR again today, and that road really kicks my ass =( <Sigh> It was dry, but there were still some spots with gravel leftover from the recent rains... My rear wheel skidded a little bit around a blind turn, and that freaked me out. So, I slowed way down after that. No fun... Then, 1/2 way going down the front side discovered that Glendora PD had blocked off/ closed the entire road. WTF So then I had to go all the way back up the mountain and then back down the "back way" that I came up. And, going "down" the back way is a lot scarier than going up- ie dry gravel, steep incline, downhill, fast cars going the other way, narrow shoulderless 2-way to begin with... Needless to say I was just relieved to have made it safely down. But, I enjoyed the challenge and am not discouraged. Will keep going up there to practice as long as weather allows... :)

Btw, what's the hand signal to let other riders know the road beyond is closed? I crossed a couple guys going up the backside & tried to signal them. But, I don't think they understood me. I just "pointed over my back" & used a quick "throat slash" motion... Don't think they understood... But, oh well...

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member