It was 27 degrees and sunny in Cleveland today, guess what I did?

carloifrim93

So after a long winter in Cleveland, OH I finally took the girl out on a nicer day. It was still cold as hell but much needed and definitely worth it. Anybody else out there do any winter riding?

iaminsider

We are supposed to be in the 40's maybe 50's next week, if that ends up happening I will get mine on the road for a little while.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

OctoberNotice

A few days ago before we got another load of snow it was in the high teens here in Canton.

I went out for a few miles until my hands went numb. Damn, I can't wait for spring.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

anson650

We hit 40 (F) today. It was the first day above freezing in I don't know how long. I got to shovel slush. The upside was I wore my golf jacket. Even if I could get a bike out of the shed across a foot of snow, the road was still covered in ice and slush. Soon...
Anson

Mew

We hit 40 (F) today. It was the first day above freezing in I don't know how long. I got to shovel slush. The upside was I wore my golf jacket. Even if I could get a bike out of the shed across a foot of snow, the road was still covered in ice and slush. Soon...
Anson
First thing that popped into my head after reading this...

Attachments

vmabull

Snowing right now in Delaware.Supposd to get 4-8 inches. Come on Spring time! I've had my fishing stuff ready all month.

Superzoom

I actually never ride until the road is clear of ice and snow, and it has rained hard enough to wash away all the salt. I just don't want to deal with the bad corrosion that salt causes.

Having said that, I'm still one of the first ones out there on the road in Ontario, usually by some time in April. I'm not afraid of the cold at all. Got my heated grips and heated jacket. Cold--no problem!

latony007

at 27 degrees i would not be able to even get out of bed or leave my house, you guys are hearty i will give you that. Supposed to be 80 and perfect this weekend so looking for a nice long ride :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Maadi

We had a couple of days above freezing this week here in Maine. Just enough to get snow to melt on the roads, to freeze and create skating rinks for cars... No bike out yet, thank you very much.

Last year I was able to start riding in April, so far it looks like it'll be July before I'm back on the bike...

Well maybe not July, but I'm guessing towards the end of May.

My car looks sad enough covered in horrible salt grime dirt nastiness, that I will keep my bike in until there has been enough rain to flush the roads.

Boo.

I am glad for all of you who can ride, though, go for a ride for me, too :)

iaminsider

I have my first couple rides in for the season now. Yesterday was 45 or so. A little chilly but my gear kept me warm. I rode into work this morning at 35 degrees but it is warming up to 55-60 today. Should be a great ride home.