Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

knightmare

That looks like a nice ride.. lol... i never riden in snow being in SoCal but i would like to try it one day... good thing you didnt get hurt on that spill... Nice post...

ylwf3vr

BRRRRRR! And scary! I don't even ride in moderate rain lol

knightmare

I love the rain... a lot of bikers call me crazy but i love it... but people in SoCal cant drive and are worst in the rain... but i suit up and take a ride...

bleedinblue

Elite Member

knightmare

Similar thought behind this ride I work outside alot, plus I've been riding through similar crap weather commuting so I just wanted to do it for fun for a change.But I can't stress enough how prepared I was for this ride.My uncle knew where I was going, has a 4x4 and loading ramps.I was safer today then I am going after dinner most nights this time of year.
having some one on standby is smart... good thinking... wife hates it when i ride to work in the rain and traffic... a lot of bikes go down this time of year... but i waited at lest two yesr before i rode in the rain... when i first started riding in the rain i called everyone i know that way if i go down and i dont call them back they will start looking for me... lol.. be safe out there man.. you got a go-pro to recored with?????

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Ravinx

swap to a dirt tire or a duel sport tire if your going to run in the ice. even better get a studded tire if they allow it in your area.

ylwf3vr

having some one on standby is smart... good thinking... wife hates it when i ride to work in the rain and traffic... a lot of bikes go down this time of year... but i waited at lest two yesr before i rode in the rain... when i first started riding in the rain i called everyone i know that way if i go down and i dont call them back they will start looking for me... lol.. be safe out there man.. you got a go-pro to recored with?????
Where are you in inland empire? I was stationed at Ft Irwin before Hawaii. North of Barstow. Used to go to Victorville and Rancho Cucamonga a lot lol

knightmare

Where are you in inland empire? I was stationed at Ft Irwin before Hawaii. North of Barstow. Used to go to Victorville and Rancho Cucamonga a lot lol
Lol... Rancho area.... Ft Irwin army boy.... You still in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ylwf3vr

latony007

Wow that is some trip. In weather like that I would be dead inside of 5 minutes just from stepping out the door, never mind riding with the wind chill. Glad you had fun and hope you got it out of your system :) I don't think these bikes were exactly designed for pushing up a 100' Ice covered hill!

That looks like a nice ride.. lol... i never riden in snow being in SoCal but i would like to try it one day... good thing you didnt get hurt on that spill... Nice post...
Um why? that's why we live here lol

Me neither, i don't commute on my bike so weekend or after work rides in the rain suck some of the fun out of it.

I love the rain... a lot of bikers call me crazy but i love it... but people in SoCal cant drive and are worst in the rain... but i suit up and take a ride...
True, as a general rule CA drivers are pretty good but when the rain comes look out. i guess because we don't get a lot

ajones70

Awesome pics......:D
Hopefully the whole winter isn't like that where you are, like it is here for 7 months. Having winter tires on the car is one thing, winter tires on a bike would be cool but riding in -40 wouldn't be possible here.....stay safe!!