Insurance - Comprehensive/Collision?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
been tryin to price insurance to see if i can afford the bike payments and bike insurance. i havent gotten a quote yet for under 1000 for full coverage. little lower coverage than my car plus 1000 deductible and still high as hell. and my mother in law is my insurance agent so she's been changing everything she can to get it as low as she can. have checked nationwide, progressive and geico.
Try checking eSurance. I have full coverage for about $800 a year.

MNDZA

been tryin to price insurance to see if i can afford the bike payments and bike insurance. i havent gotten a quote yet for under 1000 for full coverage. little lower coverage than my car plus 1000 deductible and still high as hell. and my mother in law is my insurance agent so she's been changing everything she can to get it as low as she can. have checked nationwide, progressive and geico.
I tried those companies and got very high premiums quoted. I went with State Farm. If I remember correctly, for full coverage I'm paying less than 400 per year....26 years old and good record.

Funkmaxtor

I am through State Farm and I pay $238 per year for full coverage with a $1000 deductible.

Progressive wanted over $800 for the same policy.

SoulRider

I currently have a 50/100 Calif. policy for my 2008 Ninja 250 with Mercury and asked my agent for a quote on the new FZ6R, with nothing changed except for the bike.
It is currently $334/ yr and they quoted me $1393! Four times more for a bike that is just a little more than twice the engine size...
So I am back to shopping around for insurance and have a lead on a policy that if I get my car insured also I might be able to do it for under $800.

Verranth

I'm between 25-30 and i'm paying $377 a year for my 09 fz6r with State Farm (full coverage). I guess it helps to have a house insured and 2 cars too :p

Just thinking about all that money every year go to something I hope to never use takes the smile out of my face...

I think its time to go for a ride!

Last edited:

neshi

800 with eSurance but no comp or col

With just about everybody I try it seems that full coverage will cost me between 6000 - 7500 yes thousand dollars at those rates i would just buy the bike over again or pay for the repairs out of pocket!

I do live in NYC and Just got my license in April the agent said that I could bring down the rate if i also insure my car with them and take the MSF but that would still be like 4-5 thousand! I currently pay $200 for the car and am not willing to take that big of a hit!:surrender::surrender:

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

oyamyers

I pay $643/year full coverage with a $500 Deductible from Foremost.

mfischler

Elite Member