Insurance - Comprehensive/Collision?

Comiha22

During the limited insurance research I've done, it seems like Comprehensive and Collision pretty much quintuple the basic premium of Bodily Injury & Property. Most quotes I got were around 300-500. Comprehensive seemed to add between 500-700, and Collision 1,200-1,600.

I know insurance has multiple variables, a main one that might be that I live right outside of DC. That said, I'm just wondering if most people put Collision and/or Comprehensive on their bike.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I have always carried full coverage with all my cars, so when I decided to get a bike, I looked around for decent full coverage rates. I insured my cars with State Farm and my house with Allstate. Both were far too expensive. I finally decided to go with eSurance. I pay $800 a year.

A

audible

I have awesome full coverage and only pay ~$600 a year for 2 bikes.:rockon: I encourage all of you to compare what you have/need with my insurance agent. Countryside Insurance Home Page Ask for Jarrad and tell him Randy sent you.

tractorboy

I pay 900 in western NY with 500 Comp and 1000 collision. but yes...the collision and comp are OUT THERE.....I paid my bike in full with no loan so I could gone just basic but man.....If I killed it.....Id be SOL!! so...I put SOMETHING on it.......I hope as my Exp level grows over time I can increase the comp/coll just in case.

It was not classed killer high according of allstate. my agent said it was just out of the sportbike cat only being a 600cc. But then again. He didnt seem to know much about the bike stuff so..........

Hope that helps.

The lia, and injury are NYS min at 25/50/25 I think.

Tractor

bigguybbr

State Farm is $400 a year for me for full coverage here in central CT

B

benjfoster

I pay 400/year with American Family full coverage, $500 deductible for comp/coll

MNDZA

400/yr State Farm full coverage

A

AcesLA07

Progressive is the way to go. I just have liability on my bike since sports bike insurance for a 20 yr old is through the roof. I pay ~$200 a year. Good thing is there's no deductible with just liability as I found out when I slid my bike into a cop car a few days ago.

C

Crystal

I have full coverage on my FZ6-R and just liability on my ninja and I am paying $2k a yr.....between California and being 25 I am paying more for the bikes then my car :(

A

audible

I have full coverage on my FZ6-R and just liability on my ninja and I am paying $2k a yr.....between California and being 25 I am paying more for the bikes then my car :(
Crystal..........look at my post above and call Jarrad. I pay ~$600 and Progressive wanted ~1200 for less of a policy!!!!

R

Ryan T

I went with Progressive. It's $500 a year. No UI coverage though. I'm sure it's going to go up when I move to VA/DC area. Any good deals out there for that area? If so, please let me know.

Thanks.

xplodnstar

Go full coverage. I just had a couple of friends run into each other on a ride and one of them only has half coverage (don't remember if it's comp or coll, but either way...) and he has to pay out of pocket for half of the damage done, which was plenty. His bike isn't truly totaled, but he only got $4K when he could have got $8K to fix it back up.

C

Crystal

I have awesome full coverage and only pay ~$600 a year for 2 bikes.:rockon: I encourage all of you to compare what you have/need with my insurance agent. Countryside Insurance Home Page Ask for Jarrad and tell him Randy sent you.
I called, your man Jarrad is out of the office. The secretary lady said she have some girl call me back, is it better to just wait???

PrangeWay

Do you guys have other coverage with State Farm? This will drop prices 10-25%.

Full coverage 100k/300k, 500 deduct, 1000 collision

200/yr

My agent said prices where based on only 2 things.
cc
R

ReblTeen84

Just outside of DC. $373/yr full coverage through state farm, $500 deductible. Just went down from $1500/yr since my b-day is next month. Gotta love turning 25!

lank

been tryin to price insurance to see if i can afford the bike payments and bike insurance. i havent gotten a quote yet for under 1000 for full coverage. little lower coverage than my car plus 1000 deductible and still high as hell. and my mother in law is my insurance agent so she's been changing everything she can to get it as low as she can. have checked nationwide, progressive and geico.