Im back baby!!!! (UPDATE: First mod)

l1tech

I was in Bend earlier with a passenger!

Sure as heck looked like an 8. It was black, no fairing, decepticon logo shaped headlight and gold forks... Could have swore it was you...
The wife and I were in Redmond today and I saw that bike too ???

CrazyCawi

you have so much enthusiasm in your voice bahaha :) sexy bike bro...tank pad on there?

bigpish13

Great looking bike! Congratulations! I miss riding my 6R since selling it a few months ago. it was the best and worst thing I have done. My wrist and back thanks me for it, but I die a little inside evrytime I hear the revving engine go by. I am drooling looking and reading about this bike.
safe driving and enjoy!

JSP

Super Moderator
you have so much enthusiasm in your voice bahaha :) sexy bike bro...tank pad on there?
Haha yeah. Been a long day. Kid decided to start throwin up and fever.

6R Blackout

He has already stated he will ride. Already cant wait. First words out of his mouth was "how's my bike?"

He is doing good. They have him up and walking a few times a day. May get to go home in a day or two.

I want to say again I love the new bike but mostly I am really glad to hear your dad will be riding again.

JSP

Super Moderator
Insurance is only a few more a month on this bike than my R6. So $30/month full coverage $500 deduct $25k/$50k/$20k. No medical. State Farm.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Very nice. Is it me or do the handlebars look like theyre at kind of funky angle?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Which way? Forward and back or rotation angle/wrist? Been 2 years on my R6 with Clip-ons and I definitely notice a different feeling but was not sure. They feel way different. Like riding a dirt bike :D Have to get used to bars again. They very well may be a weird angle though...

EDIT: Looking at pics of the FZ6r vs the 8... The 8 definitely looks and feels more straight across and upright vs the 6R having an angle down and toward the rider. I thought the 8 felt different from the 6R but its been a couple years...

Last edited:

BKP

I'm a little curious about insurance on these bikes... I have State Farm, as well ("we must be connected...") 100k/300k/100k, since that coverage is so cheap.

The expensive one is Uninsured Motorist. That parameter alone is half my premium. 25k/person; 50k/accident; 250 ded. on that one parameter.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems that this would be the most important... Chances are you're not going to do *all* that much damage to someone else (since chances are they'll be in a car).

However, if you T-bone a left-turner, and it's their fault, and *they* have no insurance... what then?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
v

I had a bar end mirror left from my FZ6R that I forgot I was using on my bicycle...

Took the mirrors on the 8 off and threw on the bar end mirror and love it! Those antenna mirrors had to go bad. Found some plastic hole plugs from the hardware store that work perfectly for the old mirror locations.

Looks much meaner now. Very happy with it. Next will be the rear fender. Most likely on Christmas though as the wife wants to use that stuff as presents. Works for me.

StarZero81

Elite Member

Michael Wilson

I wish my fiance bought me motorcycle stuff for my christmas. But she did buy me a glock 9mm last timeso I guess that's reasonable :)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member