Im back baby!!!! (UPDATE: First mod)

JSP

Super Moderator
:thumbup: Pick her up tomorrow morning.

Yes some will be mad that I did not go full FZ1 but the more and more I picture what I want in a bike it all kept pointing to the FZ8. And a deal just popped up that I did not want to pass on.

$5900 - 2011 FZ8 with 6k miles on it. Way cheaper than I paid for the FZ6R! Comes with frame sliders too. Payments will be $100 a month cheaper than my R6! $149 a month. 3.99% for 40 months. I will double up and have it paid off in a year and a half easy.

Yes I could have got a used FZ1 for that but it would be a 6-7 year old bike and I just really do not want that right now. The early gen FZ1's had fuel delivery issues and frame cracking possibility and other things I was not comfortable with.

FZ8 is basically a naked FZ1 which I want. I would have to pay a bit to make the FZ1 naked which I didnt want to add onto the price. So I just have a little less power than the 1 but I think its much more usable power on the 8. Most my riding is in town with the wife or to commute to work and such. Its a little lighter than the 1, little cheaper insurance, little better MPG, etc. Suspension is really the only thing lacking in the 8 that I would have liked in the 1. But people with the 1 do not like their suspension either. Few hundred $ and I can throw some stiffer springs in it like I did the FZ6R.

Power wise I want it down low/mid-range. I never came close to using all the power my R6 had so why would I use all of the FZ1? FZ8 has the power exactly where I want it.

I will be very happy with this bike. For the price, I am freaking excited. And they are pretty rare. Never seen one in person since they have been out.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Lots of people do suspension on FZ1s, keep your eyes open on the FZ1 Forum and you might come across stock FZ1 suspension cheap. It's not Ohlins stuff, but an upgrade from the FZ8 stuff. Great looking bike, and I know you'll have a blast with it. Congrats on a nice pickup!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MustGoFaster

Congrats man! Hope it all works out for ya! :D

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Happy for you, but in reality... think you should have waited...

you're right back where you started IMO, with a payment due, less yes, but still... I'd rather have seen you get a $1000 rebel cash and ride it for a year...

warned you about looking didn't I? ;)

I know... :D Just could not pass this up and im still coming out way ahead from where I was. Even if I waited I would be in same boat. I would not have been able to save that up until after next year. This is the bike I truly wanted so I am happy.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Nice! Thats the bike i wanted when i bought the fizzer but it was a grand more. Have fun with it!

JSP

Super Moderator
Plus my car will be paid off by end of the year so thats another $150 /month saved. :thumbup:

Honestly I was super happy with the FZ6R. I am done with my street racing days. Had the R6 last 2 years and I am ready to enjoy the ride AND the scenery... in comfort! The Fz8 has plenty of grunt! :cool:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

RooKie

Nice ride and a good deal! Glad to hear that you're doing better. You'll have to change your signature pic soon :thumbup:

BKP

Congratulations, bro', and welcome back... *great* looking bike! Love the black/gold...

Ride safe...

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice bike man, had to be hard to be without two wheels. Congrats!
I barely made it 2 weeks haha. Sad :eek: But things have been working out and I am comfortable with this deal. :thumbup:

Lets go riding! Still need to pick her up haha. Got check from my credit union and going 2 hours away to get her in the morning.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Me thinks a new sig pic is in order.... :steve:

JSP

Super Moderator
Me thinks a new sig pic is in order.... :steve:
Once I get her and clean her up I'll take some glamor shots and get to work on one. Maybe CC will hook me up again :thumbup:

DakinechicK

Well that lasted all of... what? A week? LoL.

Congrats. She's beautiful!!!

6R Blackout

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told you would be back in the saddle. I knew it brother hell yeah I am stoked for you :steve::steve::thumbup::cheer: