Here's my FE

uscgduncan

AHHH...The laws of economics hard at work...supply and demand. It's funny how creativity and ingenuity are inspired by the lack of a desirable item. Keep up the awsome work guys!!!:rockon:

Roaddawg

NICE Road dawg..I didnt even take it apart!! I was thinking the same with reflective material or something....Hmmmm I didnt even notice the "STEMS" were missing. Looks Clean and alot less time to cut out that damn oval!!!!!!!!

Also Dont see it but do you have a License Plate light? I dont yet but dont ride at night. Got a White and SMALL LED strip coming to fix that issue.

I should start working on a better one now that I now that....Swwweeeeet
No license plate light yet. I was trying to fab up the stock one somehow, but that isn't gonna work. I just bought this license plate frame with LED's installed in it on Amazon. It's made by Radiantz. $26. I may paint it black though, keep with the blacked out look. I'll post it when I get it on.

Roaddawg

AHHH...The laws of economics hard at work...supply and demand. It's funny how creativity and ingenuity are inspired by the lack of a desirable item. Keep up the awsome work guys!!!:rockon:
Yeah, now if I could figure out how to make a bigger windshield...:D

njdan

uscgduncan is making me one and I will post pictures soon as I get it. Can't wait to finally get that tail off the back off the bike.

Roaddawg

I've had some people inquire about the FE i made. I drew up a template and attached it below if your interested. I used aluminum flat bar 48" x 1-1/2" x 1/8" that I bought at a hardware store for about $9. I used a piece of cardboard to make a template for the bends (a mock up). I bent the bar using my vise, a hammer, and physical force. I pop riveted the license plate/turn signal mount to the under seat brackets so it was flush. The underseat brackets were mounted through the same holes as where the fender was mounted using new bolts. I took off the rubber boots mounted to the stock turn signals and mounted those, but you could mount and type of signals you wanted. I like the stockers for visibility. It took a little while to figure it out, but it was worth the effort to me (and the cost!). Hope this helps.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! I like the little template that you made up. :thumbup:

C

crabby117

If you're in need of a nice black, very universal plate light, this is the one I use. You can see it installed in my avatar. I posted about it in this thread, including an ebay link:

http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6r-mods/16925-plate-light-option-fe.html

It's only $20 plus shipping, but I just checked on it and there's no current listing for it from the ebay vendor. He usually sells them half a dozen at at time and is probably out of stock right now. (Not that you have to buy half a dozen, but that he has half a dozen for sale per listing!) But if you're willing to wait...

Attachments

njdan

Just got done installing uscgduncan's fender eliminator that he made for me. I must say it does clean up the back of the bike alot and the clear turn signals with the yellow bulbs look great and they are plenty bright. It started to rain so I didn't get any pictures yet but soon as I can get it out of the garage I will take a few pictures so you can see the great work he does.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I, too, received and installed the FE made by uscgduncan yesterday. Very nice work and a really good fit. :thumbup: I will post pictures after work, because my wife took the camera this morning.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the pictures I promised. The install was, for the most part, straight forward. I took my time and was able to install it without cutting and splicing any of the wires.

Great work uscgduncan!! :thumbup:

Attachments

uscgduncan

That looks awesome!! The factory signals mount up nicely and it really cleans up the tail with out sacraficing visibility. Not to mention it takes off about 7 pounds!! I'm glad I could help you guys out.
Now we need some universal frame slider "mounts" to bolt on any slider of choice.

dblakeman

Got mine today! Bike is in the shop getting first service so I can't install :(
Once I get it installed will post pics.

Thanks uscgduncan this FE is worth every penny, way better than those $100+ ones! :rockon:

CharlieR

I picked mine up last Sunday(28th) Installed it Monday after work using the stock turn signals. Took less than 1 hour, looks great, fits great :thumbup:
Thanks uscgduncan

uscgduncan

Hey thanks Charlie. Let me know when you ride, I'll try to catch up with you.

Anyone else who may be interested in a FE, I'm out right now, but plan to make more this week. I'm also looking at having a frabrication shop punch out 50 or so, if it doesn't bring the cost up to much. Either way I'll have some ready to ship by the 13th, or sooner, at the same great price of course.

atomoverride

anychance you guys can give me some pointers on how to get aftermarket turn signals plugged in without cutting? Also I am having a hell of a time getting 3 of those bolts off the back end.

Anyone got a wiring diagram or some photos? a how too for iddiots like me?