Aki's DMP FE Mod

aki

Just received the DMP Fender Eliminator and installed them with the modified stock tail lights. So for those wanting to keep the stock look but wanting to get rid of the bee stinger, here's my writeup.

First, I purchased the DMP Fender Eliminator. And because you lose the license plate light, I purchased the Speed Tactics LED License Plate lights. Then I picked up another stock tail light set on ebay so I can go back to stock at anytime.

I don't show pictures of disassembling the stock tail light assembly, but you can reference Joe's Ghetto FE writeup.

Onto modding... disassemble the tail lights, and carefully cut the rubber so it is flush to the tear drop shaped washer plate. Watch out for the wires!

Drill a hole through the existing hole. I drilled and reamed it oversize to fit an extra set of nuts & bolts I had.

Here's a picture of what it looks like. Also note, the threaded hole for the plastic cover should be on the bottom.

Once you complete both sides, run the wires through the holes on top of the FE and through the rectangular slot. Use zipties to secure the wires in place.

Use the nuts, bolts, & washers that the FE kit came with and guide the wires back to through to the connectors. I don't show the connectors, but I cut and spliced the LED lights to the stock license plate bullet connectors. Tuck extra wire in on the left side.

Here's another image of the back side.

Make sure the blinkers work, put everything back, and you're stinger is gone! Hope this helps...