Hate dealerships!

I didnt sign any loan contracts. I filled out an application to see if I was approved. Upon approval before signing any agreement that im buying the bike they raised the price. Im just worried that my loan application is sitting there with a copy of my license. Also yeah it does suck that my credit now has a hard inquiry for no reason.

see my above post...they didnt do anything wrong its taxes and assessed fee's they were not doing bad business.

On another note 6 other friendly dealers told me if I can snatch it for 6900 to go for it. The average of those 6 told me around 7500-7800 OTD. One of them claims 7200 OTD. 6900 wouldve been sweeter but if I end up snagging the bike at 7200, should I sleep well knowing its still a good deal or should I wait it out a bit longer?

I'd set up as close to their door and still be on public property with a big bait and switch sign and run off every customer that would listen to me....until they met the agreed upon price or had the cops throw me out. Then call the local news.

On another note 6 other friendly dealers told me if I can snatch it for 6900 to go for it. The average of those 6 told me around 7500-7800 OTD. One of them claims 7200 OTD. 6900 wouldve been sweeter but if I end up snagging the bike at 7200, should I sleep well knowing its still a good deal or should I wait it out a bit longer?

Buy it they did nothing wrong other than get you the exact numbers vs an estimation

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.183863,-93.313371
Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is making me feel really good about my $6000 OTD buy a month and a half ago. I suppose the weather is nice now though. Offer them 7k. Even if their price from Yamaha was 6200 (which seems high to me... considering what I got my bike for) then the stealership is still making 13% off you. They should be more than happy with that.

I'd set up as close to their door and still be on public property with a big bait and switch sign and run off every customer that would listen to me....until they met the agreed upon price or had the cops throw me out. Then call the local news.

LMAO! toooo funny, unfortunately i work lol :p

Yamaha has 3.99% on most of their stuff now. So does Kawi. They both use HSBC. The loan application is, technically, the property of the dealership, so there's no obligation to give it to you. You should have been provided a copy of the application though. I disagree with the "variable" OTD price. An OTD price is OTD. Any adjustment of costs incurred as the result of taxes, registration, or fees assessed by a third party should be a reduction of the dealer's profits. If the dealer cannot or will not provide accurate numbers for known quantities (sales tax, tire and battery disposal, license and registration) then you're not getting an out-the-door price, and you're not being dealt with honestly. Most dealerships today are electronically connected to the State agencies to which they will be sending your money. Seriously, it's not like that was their first sale, or the taxes and fees changed overnight.

Yamaha has 3.99% on most of their stuff now. So does Kawi. They both use HSBC. The loan application is, technically, the property of the dealership, so there's no obligation to give it to you. You should have been provided a copy of the application though. I disagree with the "variable" OTD price. An OTD price is OTD. Any adjustment of costs incurred as the result of taxes, registration, or fees assessed by a third party should be a reduction of the dealer's profits. If the dealer cannot or will not provide accurate numbers for known quantities (sales tax, tire and battery disposal, license and registration) then you're not getting an out-the-door price, and you're not being dealt with honestly. Most dealerships today are electronically connected to the State agencies to which they will be sending your money. Seriously, it's not like that was their first sale, or the taxes and fees changed overnight.

ive sold vehicle for 6 years...did finance for a year....did you not read my prior post about how it becomes variable based on tax. Unless he asked SPECIFICALLY for an EXACT out the door amount UPFRONT...he would have been given an estimation. Its how every dealership across the country does it. You may have encountered a different situation when you bought yours as you negotiated right up front and said this is the $ amount im paying and thats final...and they made adjustments. Dealerships dont make these thousands you all think they do. They go through all of this shit shoveling to make a few hundred bucks....to open the doors, to come to work, deal with assholes who think they are getting bent over(not all customers are that way but 99% of them feel a dealership just takes advantage of everyone)...maybe sell a bike or car a day....and go home. It cost money to run a business and pay employee's. We go days sometimes weeks without selling a vehicle or bike...and we get shit on like were criminals every day. Its awesome. the average salesman makes $35000 a year. Dealerships sell in volume to make money....they sell warrantys to make money. The warranties dont make money by being heavily over priced....warrantys are actually always and accoutn wqhich say you buy a warranty for $2200....$2200 goes into a bank account....they pay out a warranty claim from that 2200....they hope that you may never need a claim. 1 in 5 warranties sold will have more claims than the policy cost. Very large gamble...but every dealership in the world participates in warranty programs.

Last edited:
So they lose money on every deal but make up for it in volume.

at risk...the only way to really make it up in volume is to hit target objectives which is usually 10-15% increase over the year prior average for the store...OR by beating a 20% average over the region. They then get minimal kickbacks to cover the loss...its not how it was 15 years ago where everyone gets High grossed. Internet has ruined the profitability of the car and bike/powersport market

ive sold vehicle for 6 years...did finance for a year....did you not read my prior post about how it becomes variable based on tax. Unless he asked SPECIFICALLY for an EXACT out the door amount UPFRONT...he would have been given an estimation. Its how every dealership across the country does it. You may have encountered a different situation when you bought yours as you negotiated right up front and said this is the $ amount im paying and thats final...and they made adjustments. Dealerships dont make these thousands you all think they do. They go through all of this shit shoveling to make a few hundred bucks....to open the doors, to come to work, deal with assholes who think they are getting bent over(not all customers are that way but 99% of them feel a dealership just takes advantage of everyone)...maybe sell a bike or car a day....and go home. It cost money to run a business and pay employee's. We go days sometimes weeks without selling a vehicle or bike...and we get shit on like were criminals every day. Its awesome. the average salesman makes $35000 a year. Dealerships sell in volume to make money....they sell warrantys to make money. The warranties dont make money by being heavily over priced....warrantys are actually always and accoutn wqhich say you buy a warranty for $2200....$2200 goes into a bank account....they pay out a warranty claim from that 2200....they hope that you may never need a claim. 1 in 5 warranties sold will have more claims than the policy cost. Very large gamble...but every dealership in the world participates in warranty programs.

It is no secret that dealers are playing games. If they gave him a quote, they should know what they talking about, and if they can stand by their words or not. This is not first bike they sell, and they know well what's their price should be... But instead they having their own game to play... "Unless he asked SPECIFICALLY for an EXACT out the door amount UPFRONT" - buzz words... they knew exactly what he needed to know, but, "let's give him this price first to have him in, and later on tweak it a bit - he is all about buying it so he'll pay..." Bad way of doing business. I understand the overhead they may have, but don't earn by deception.... You can't afford to sell it for 6900, than don't quote it...

So I just Came back from the dealer again. They told me they couldn't do 6900 but rather their new otd was 7200. Which I guess isn't bad but theyre professionalism is completely absent. I filled out the paperwork for a loan and walked out on 7200 they refused to give me my loan papers back. Why?

HAHAHAHA Flashback. That happened to me. I found this deal online, that guy said to me was gonna be 0 down, 109 a month. I sent all my information, got approved and everything, spoke to the guy for a good week and a half. He said all the time, everything was fine. I drove about 1 hour with job pickup truck to get the bike, I get down there, He is not there. A lady was there and she tells me that is 179 a month, I said, what???? The guy told me 109. So she called the guy and he had the balls to say to me that was a mistake and he typed 0 instead of 7. BS (he had an add on craigslist for 109) and I asked, "did you typed wrong on the Add too?) He pretended he got disconnected. I got pissed, left, drove back home, went to the dealer around the corner on my house. The guy was up front and explained everything to me. I liked the deal and decided to buy the bike. He pulls my yamaha account and see that My line of credit was zero and I had a 7000 charge to it. We called Yamaha and they said that the other dealer put my account on charge hold because they would gonna call me and make me a counter offer. Yamaha called the dealer and told them that I was buying the bike somewhere else and to release my credit. End of story I bought the bike and I learned that you have to make sure get the numbers all broken down, because a lot of scammer dealers out there.

HUGE UPDATE! I drag myself into work today looking at my feet, down as all hell, kicking rocks and one of the guys asks whats wrong. I explain the situation and he says why dont you see my budddy at such and such dealership. Ive already been there prior to that with no room to negotiate and a horrible deal, however we left on good terms. So I decided to flex the "this guy says he grew up with you" muscle and it turns out he owes him a favor. So he beats everyones deal and gives me everything out the door (tax tags dmv prep and freight) all finalized for $6790. He said hes not making any money and doing this as a favor to my co-worker whos owed a favor! I am all sorts of excited right now, I get the bike wednesday, take the MSF course this weekend (IN THE RAIN!!!!). All happening so quick!

HUGE UPDATE! I drag myself into work today looking at my feet, down as all hell, kicking rocks and one of the guys asks whats wrong. I explain the situation and he says why dont you see my budddy at such and such dealership. Ive already been there prior to that with no room to negotiate and a horrible deal, however we left on good terms. So I decided to flex the "this guy says he grew up with you" muscle and it turns out he owes him a favor. So he beats everyones deal and gives me everything out the door (tax tags dmv prep and freight) all finalized for $6790. He said hes not making any money and doing this as a favor to my co-worker whos owed a favor! I am all sorts of excited right now, I get the bike wednesday, take the MSF course this weekend (IN THE RAIN!!!!). All happening so quick!

Good for yuou buddy im so glad everything worked out. What color? Pictures? What gear do you have? so many questions...we need answers man!!!

Good for yuou buddy im so glad everything worked out. What color? Pictures? What gear do you have? so many questions...we need answers man!!!

haha sorry man! thank you so much i really appreciate all the support from everyone on the site and glad you guys are real welcoming!

im getting the joe rocket grey\white ufo 2.0 textile to start with. i think im going with a shoei helmet which im buying tomorow flat black full face non modular since theyre good for oblong heads like mine lol. and apline star gloves .. confused about gloves though since i dont know if i should get the longer ones that cover more down the wrist or get the ones that go right down to the wrist.. decisions decisions!

Longer ones incase you ever go track riding or do any hard twistys better protection is always best

good choice on helmet. you getting a mirrored shield or tinted?

Back