Just curious?

6R Blackout

I was looking on Craigslist last night in my area of New Orleans and found a guy who has a 2011 FZ6R Raven. Article said he paid $7000 brand new. Here is the kicker it only has 415 miles on it , but he went down on the right side and it doesnt look to good. 2011 YAMAHA FZ6R

What do you all think, $3800 is that a fair price?

Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

6R Blackout

He is crazy cause that is not a cheap fix, if you look close the tank even has a dent in it!:spank:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BKP

The fairing doesn't look like a big deal, even the powder coating on the engine scraped away... however, the big dent in the gas tank would concern me... that's not a sliding dent -- sucker's been dropped more than once... And, between that and the three fairing/cowling replacement, not a cheap repair.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Want some more opinions!!!!!!

Anyone think if I could get the bike for $3000 that I could repair it and turn around and sell it for a profit? Say $4500 or more?

I am just thinking, maybe I could make some money out of this.

Yeah or Nay?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Wooster

You can probably find a turn signal on here for free, but chances are the fairing is crack and will need to be replaced, tank is dented and I'd want to replace that, and who knows how much work is needed on the engine part there. You're probably looking at $1500 -$2000 to get it back to new.

Me personally I wouldn't touch anthing used especially one that has been dropped like that.

Chevyfazer

It seems like a hell of a deal, as long as it is only cosmetic damage. But I don't know why people are so afraid of used bikes with a little "character". Hell there is only 415 miles on it it is practically brand new, so what if it has a few scratches and a dent in the tank. This is just another example of someone who has probably never owned a bike before, droped it then got scared of it. It's a Yamaha he could of had it at redline from mile 0 and I would still be a steal. Some bondo and some vinyl graphics and your back to a $7000 bike!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Wooster

It seems like a hell of a deal, as long as it is only cosmetic damage. But I don't know why people are so afraid of used bikes with a little "character". Hell there is only 415 miles on it it is practically brand new, so what if it has a few scratches and a dent in the tank. This is just another example of someone who has probably never owned a bike before, droped it then got scared of it. It's a Yamaha he could of had it at redline from mile 0 and I would still be a steal. Some bondo and some vinyl graphics and your back to a $7000 bike!
A lot depends on how much time and effort you're willing to put into the bike to get it looking the way you want again. If I'm going to drop thousands of dollars on something I want to enjoy it right then and there. The last thing I want to do is wait a month without riding while everything is getting repaired. But that's just me

6R Blackout

You guys are right, BUT what about selling it for parts you know take the whole thing apart and sell it in pieces. Might be able to make a killing like that!

Would it even be a good project bike, I am not so sure someone would buy it being I am the only other FZ6R owner in this immediate area

Probably more trouble than its worth, unless someone else on the forum wants to pick it it for a project or parts

I dont want anyone to think I am going to do this I wanted input from you all when I came across the ad, about what you all thought he might be able to get for it and honestly to see if maybe someone needed parts they could maybe contact this guy!

Last edited:

Wooster

You guys are right, BUT what about selling it for parts you know take the whole thing apart and sell it in pieces. Might be able to make a killing like that!

Would it even be a good project bike, I am not so sure someone would buy it being I am the only other FZ6R owner in this immediate area

Probably more trouble than its worth, unless someone else on the forum wants to pick it it for a project or parts

I dont want anyone to think I am going to do this I wanted input from you all when I came across the ad, about what you all thought he might be able to get for it and honestly to see if maybe someone needed parts they could maybe contact this guy!

Being a brand new bike I think it would be overkill to strip it and sell it for parts. It's not damaged to the point he would need to do that. Hell there might even be room to make money if you were to buy it for a good price and fix it and resell it. Again, it all depends on what you want to do with it.