Hate dealerships!

DaveMK

Just got back from a dealer who quoted me an otd price of 6900 on a brand new 2011 fz6r. Would you guys say this is fair? Or can he go cheaper? The break down of the price he came up with is 8.75% ny sales tax. And 200 for DMV fees. That was it with the price of the bike being 6200. Dont want to be taken for a ride (no pun).

JSP

Super Moderator
Have you checked other dealers? Does not seem like a terrible price to me. But I have not been keeping track of them lately.

bmw675

seems about right to me, considering you have a high tax rate.

I think the problem here is you have what i too would call otd price. but don't let others on here, or some dealerships, fool you.
I've had other places call their price 'otd' yet it doesn't include tax and registration. which in my opinion is ignorant. I had one dealership say we can do "6200 otd" but you would need to go to the dmv to take care of the rest........

Others have posted prices of brand new bikes being under $5000 otd, when I know better than that.

good luck!

JSP

Super Moderator
Gotta love Oregon's no sales tax. :D

CrazyCawi

I think thats a good price on a 2011...I paid 4500 before mn Taxes for mine with 2-3-4k on it i dont remember exactly....and mine was 2 model years old

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

linkgt

seems like a decent price to me. Just dont let them dupe you into getting any extended warranties, etc...

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
F

FZ6R_Blue

Prices have jumped because its pretty much riding season now. i would try and talk him down or look at other Dealers. I hate dealers to.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

danieljardim

seems like a decent price to me. Just dont let them dupe you into getting any extended warranties, etc...
What'a wrong with extended warranties?

I work on the service dpt of a FORD dealership and factory extended warranties are the way to go.

My bike has one.

danieljardim

By the way. Price is good. Mine was 6900 + fees + extended warranty. On the very end I paid 8800. And I shopped around and was the best price and the dealer the charged me the least on the mount and delivery fees.

DMV price seems high. In New york they don't have a law for set price in DMV fees, some dealers will smash you. I think DMV fees in New york are about $34.00.

In jersey they have a cap of $55.00.

DragonBlu

What'a wrong with extended warranties?

I work on the service dpt of a FORD dealership and factory extended warranties are the way to go.

My bike has one.
Seems like a good price to me.
Since you asked; Nothing for the people that think they need them. They are basically an insurance policy that you are paying someone else for. If you have an emergency fund for things that might go wrong,you are covered anyway and it's your money in the bank. Most people won't save for a rainy day. Extended warranties get a bad name because they cost bucks and people do not read them so they think they are covered on everything that goes wrong with a vehicle. Know what is covered and how much you are paying. It is a good thing for some people. All us others hate them! :)

danieljardim

Seems like a good price to me.
Since you asked; Nothing for the people that think they need them. They are basically an insurance policy that you are paying someone else for. If you have an emergency fund for things that might go wrong,you are covered anyway and it's your money in the bank. Most people won't save for a rainy day. Extended warranties get a bad name because they cost bucks and people do not read them so they think they are covered on everything that goes wrong with a vehicle. Know what is covered and how much you are paying. It is a good thing for some people. All us others hate them! :)
Some point I agree with you. People don't read contracts.
But if you add $10.00 a month on you car payment is a $120.00. After 3 years (that's when the warranty expires) you paid $360.00. If you put the $360.00 in the bank for 3 years you have now maybe $500.00 bucks.

NOTE: For the records, I paid $450.00 on my YAMAHA one. Don't know if its a good price or not.

Let's just get a regular seasonal repair. Your a/c condenser is leaking. Most of the vehicles that repair will cost you around $1200.00. ($500.00 not enough to cover the repairs).

For a person that is not mechanic inclined, (I'm mechanic inclined and still have esp on my 2 cars and bike), repairs nowadays are not less then $500.00 bucks (cruel reality, at least in jersey).

That's why I'm thumbs up for a FACTORY extended warranty.

Those Mickey mouse warranties that they call your house to sell it, are a rip off and they don't cover sh*t.

JSP

Super Moderator

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member