Gun Talk Thread

cbzdel

OMG what a wife, she got me my birthday gift early or well should I say allowed me to buy my gift.

My new 1911 :D:D:D

Now its a Taurus, not the best brand but after reading reviews online they are hands down the best value 1911, the cost was $600 at the local shop. The had a cheaper gun, Rock Island Arms which owner reviews say they love them and cant beat the price but at $450, it just looked like a cheap POS.

So now that this is out of the way I am done with guns for a good while.. I need to take a financial break lol!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You are not quite done yet (maybe). Your next purchase needs to be a good solid gun safe (if you don't already have one)!

I like the way the Taurus 1911 felt in my hands when I was oogling over them a few weeks ago. The grip safety was much stiffer than the SA 1911, but it may loosen up with use. Nice purchase! Now spread the wealth, money-bags! :p

cbzdel

You are not quite done yet (maybe). Your next purchase needs to be a good solid gun safe (if you don't already have one)!

I like the way the Taurus 1911 felt in my hands when I was oogling over them a few weeks ago. The grip safety was much stiffer than the SA 1911, but it may loosen up with use. Nice purchase! Now spread the wealth, money-bags! :p

Oh I have a solid safe :)

This one to be exact, I was able to fit 5 guns on the top shelf alone :)

Its theft proof, bolted to the floor and wall, but its not fireproof. I could not spend the extra $500+ on the fireproof rating, my insurance would cover the loss if its a fire.

But I am far from done, just taking a brake for now. Maybe 6 months from now I will start up again.

-AR-15
-AR-15 style 22lr
-Black Powder Rifle
-Something more sniper-ish for some serious long shots
-The wife wants something on the nicer end (full stainless) thinking about getting her a compact 1911 but in .38, 9mm or .40 because the 45 is to much for her.

Who knows what I will really end up with though, I have room for 6 more rifles and 1 more handgun, and we have one handgun that we would be willing to trade up to something nicer on.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, nice! You got the disease alright. :D

cbzdel

adidaskid810

1911's are very nice handguns and looks beautiful. I have a feeling you will not be the slightest bit disappointed with it being a Taurus. They seem to have produced a quality gun with this one!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I would admit to that haha! Also its not only me, the wife as well!
Oh that's right, you both have the sickness. You will never be cured now! One will always fuel the fire for the other. Wish I could get my wife excited about guns as well. :eek:

cbzdel

Oh that's right, you both have the sickness. You will never be cured now! One will always fuel the fire for the other. Wish I could get my wife excited about guns as well. :eek:
It was so funny after I filled out the paperwork for the gun and was finished the guy asked "anything else" and the wife says let my see that S&W 40 over there. He shows it to her and she says this fits my hand perfect can I get this one. i say there is no room in the safe for any more hand guns. She says I know you can build another shelf for in there.. This turned into a mini-argument for a few minutes and I finished it as I said unless you wanna eat rammen noodles for the rest of the year we need to stop buying these for a few months. She got the point haha!

gearhead

That's a good video to watch and be informed with. Next time I purchase tires, I will definitely look at the date!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that video was definitely an eye opener. :eek:

cbzdel

Ok well I sold the LCP, I really liked it and thought the super sub compact was a nifty idea, but I would never use it.. The wife shot aprox 200 rounds though it at the range and started to like it less and less.. Go figure, spend 300 and then say you know I dont like it anymore.. So we sold it for $180, probably could of got a little more if I sold it online but I just wanted it gone (I was kinda pissed at the time haha)

Still on my break from buying guns I get an NRA email... WA State Bill 6396 has been proposed. Ban the sale of Assault Weapons, of no you didnt WA!! There is alot to it but to some it up, no military style guns or no gun that holds over 10 rounds (same as Cali regs pretty much) guns that were owned prior to it ever actually taking effect will not be included into this law.

I am 90% sure this law will no ever make it into effect but you never know.. It got me kinda worried since an AR is on my to own list...

Well I cant afford an AR right now, but what I can afford is a stripped lower :)

So I am basically buying an AR serial number for $80 then I can build the gun around it at anytime, and the receiver is the only part needed to be bought though a gun shop. So I can order the rest of the parts online at very discounted prices :D:D:D

angelsneverlose

Ok well I sold the LCP, I really liked it and thought the super sub compact was a nifty idea, but I would never use it.. The wife shot aprox 200 rounds though it at the range and started to like it less and less.. Go figure, spend 300 and then say you know I dont like it anymore.. So we sold it for $180, probably could of got a little more if I sold it online but I just wanted it gone (I was kinda pissed at the time haha)

Still on my break from buying guns I get an NRA email... WA State Bill 6396 has been proposed. Ban the sale of Assault Weapons, of no you didnt WA!! There is alot to it but to some it up, no military style guns or no gun that holds over 10 rounds (same as Cali regs pretty much) guns that were owned prior to it ever actually taking effect will not be included into this law.

I am 90% sure this law will no ever make it into effect but you never know.. It got me kinda worried since an AR is on my to own list...

Well I cant afford an AR right now, but what I can afford is a stripped lower :)

So I am basically buying an AR serial number for $80 then I can build the gun around it at anytime, and the receiver is the only part needed to be bought though a gun shop. So I can order the rest of the parts online at very discounted prices :D:D:D

to bad you dont have an extra bike or gun. Im currently relocated in silverdale on TDY. I think thats really close to where you live. Would have been cool to meet some people from the forum and stuff, go riding or shooting or something;):D...

RZ350 Rider

I collect all types of Firearms. I have appox 50 pistols (I would have to count them to be sure) from an S&W Lemon Squeezer (series 2) to the S&W 500Mag, including 6 1911's from Kimber, and an FN FiveseveN just to name a very few. I just picked up a 1920 Colt Offical police in UNFIRED condition! My 03C&R allows me to buy the surplus arms and ship them to my home, no FFL needed. I love my 98/30 Nagant, my Thompson SMG, semi auto :-( I would post pics of my safe insides if anyone's interested to see just how my kid's inheritance being spent. JK, they'll all be his when I go.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I collect all types of Firearms. I have appox 50 pistols (I would have to count them to be sure) from an S&W Lemon Squeezer (series 2) to the S&W 500Mag, including 6 1911's from Kimber, and an FN FiveseveN just to name a very few. I just picked up a 1920 Colt Offical police in UNFIRED condition! My 03C&R allows me to buy the surplus arms and ship them to my home, no FFL needed. I love my 98/30 Nagant, my Thompson SMG, semi auto :-( I would post pics of my safe insides if anyone's interested to see just how my kid's inheritance being spent. JK, they'll all be his when I go.
Wow, sounds like a pretty nice collection! Wanna send a 1911 my way? I've been really wanting to add one to my collection.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Y

yellowfz

Couple of Ruger 22 pistols , couple of 9mm Brownings (one is the BDM , the High Power has a BeamShot Laser targeting system ) , a scoped nylon stocked British 303 , a High Standard 22 rifle (High Standard is no longer around) and a scoped Marlin 22 rifle .
Oh forgot , Mossberg pump 12g , and a Double Barrel 12g .

Last edited by a moderator:

Sage

All I have is an ANSCHÜTZ 9003 compressed air rifle that I got when I was 15. was gunna by an m4 or ak47 over the summer but chose to mod the bike instead haha

ry-mac75

I bought a Stevens 350 pump, security model last week. It was cheap and I figure, you know, in case the zombies ever come...