Gun Talk Thread

kevin8198

Elite Member

roundhouse

No guns here in Canada... but 4 years of muy thai kick boxing puts me ahead of the next guy.. :rolleyes:

:canada:
I will raise see your Muay Thai and raise you 5 years of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and grappling (only 2 of MT)

but I am not very good so i do have backup.

Big pistol is a CZ SP01 9mm, the peewee is a Keltek P3AT .380 that I carry, and the carbine is a AR-15. A buddy and I built it with CMMG mil spec upper and lower, chrome lined 1:9 barrel, forged receiver, timney trigger group. it is a blast to shoot. .556

Attachments

Chevyfazer

I will raise see your Muay Thai and raise you 5 years of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and grappling (only 2 of MT)

but I am not very good so i do have backup.

Big pistol is a CZ SP01 9mm, the peewee is a Keltek P3AT .380 that I carry, and the carbine is a AR-15. A buddy and I built it with CMMG mil spec upper and lower, chrome lined 1:9 barrel, forged receiver, timney trigger group. it is a blast to shoot. .556
Is that the sp-01 tactical? The picture is kind of dark and hard to tell if it has a safety or dec0cker

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member
Last edited:

kevin8198

Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member
Last edited:

Chevyfazer

Nice, I have that same Keltek, smallest/lightest .380 out there I think. But it shoots for shit IMO. I clean her regularly but the couple times I've shot her at the range was miserable with terrible accuracy and jamming. I like the grip you have on there though, nice, maybe that helps because it's hard as shit to hold and fire. Feels like it is about to fly out of my hands at any moment.:thumbup:
That could be your problem, how your holding it. Maybe try a tighter grip, or higher grain ammo

kevin8198

Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I haven't shot the keltec but I do work for masterpiece arms (heat treating lots of there parts) and have shot their protector 380 which is supposed to be very similar and has some of the same issues, I had to have pretty tight grip on it to keep it from failing to eject, a lot tighter then I hold any other semi

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Mmmm... guns!

So how cool is this? Where I work? Sig Sauer is moving in across the street! Planned production is 2000 weapons every 24 hours. They are moving production from Exeter, NH to Portsmouth, NH on Pease Tradeport. I'm hoping that as neighbors, we can maybe get some behind-the-scene tours and wiggle out some discounts. ;)

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I decided to check up on more of Sig Sauer's products. I never knew about this one. And it's about $600 for the 2x .40 kit where you get a great tactical and a compact concealed in one box. Sweet!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJJlUiMynQ]Sig P250 BudsGunShop.com - YouTube[/ame]

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I might have to read the whole thing soon. I went to a Gun show over the weekend and I'm considering taking the concealed class and summit my application. I like to go to the range every now and then to practice shooting and at the same time for personal protection. As I get older the need to be prepare... just in case. Muay Thai serve me well for the few time I did needed it but never know...

So what's the best 1st gun out there... (might be the only one too)

Definitely something concealable that you like to shoot. I have a G26 and love it. Walther P99 is a nice CC gun, Sig makes a very nice pistol. Springfield XD is another decent gun.

Just make sure you are comfortable with it and you can build a good muscle memory with it while practicing.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Rookasaki

Springfield armory is a top firearm Brand. I have the XD 40 for my service weapon. I've never ever had a jam or fail to fire. I've shot hundreds of rounds!