Getting "Hit On"

cbzdel

I like it when the little kids imitate riding a motorcycle when they see you.. One kid did a wheelie move one time and I reved it up and poped the front end up a couple inches and the kid went crazy haha!

wow totally ot, sorry to the OP

PhatPhizzixxer

I like it when the little kids imitate riding a motorcycle when they see you.. One kid did a wheelie move one time and I reved it up and poped the front end up a couple inches and the kid went crazy haha!

wow totally ot, sorry to the OP
LOL...no problem, cbzdel...but you're right, kids are the best. It always cracks me up when you look over at mom & kids in the car next to you & then you see their eyes get real big. Sometimes, they wave excitedly & sometimes, they get real shy & try to hide but are still looking at that shiny cool m/c you're sitting on. Always makes me smile.:)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
When people bug me while I'm on the bike, I take full advantage of my TBR exhaust.

"Hey, can I ride your bike?" <rev rev REV> "Sorry, I can't hear you. What did you say?" <rev REV REV> :rof: It gets the point across.

I've had several people approach me out of the blue and ask if I would let them take the bike for a ride, or even swap vehicles with them. And it is always someone with a POS that wants to trade, go figure. :rolleyes:

Chip

I go to Rutgers Univeristy, so I often park around campus. I once had a friend come up to me and as soon as I got on, hes like can I sit on it? I said sure, why not. Then he he says is this where you shift gears? And Im like yeah, but DON'T shift the gear. He proceeded to get off the bike lol.

btastarsky

I wish I had been riding during college. Would have gotten so much tail (and i'm not refering to the bike with that one ;) )

NYGirl

Maybe it's the novelty.. are there that many FEWER women riders than men?
I never liked pink, but now I want a pink jacket. I want everyone (car drivers) to know I'm a girl when I'm riding. Maybe they'll behave better & cut me some slack.

joloy133

I like the thought but stay defensive.......lots of knuckleheads out there. I recently was powder bombed. (The truck I was following thought it would be funny to throw some white powder out the window to dust me.)

FitZ6R

Hey, NY Girl

Isn't Pine Bush near New Paltz / Gardiner, etc?

And no, I'm not hitting on you. :D My parents live up around there, and it's some great riding (except for the weekender traffic).

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jhosler

I like the thought but stay defensive.......lots of knuckleheads out there. I recently was powder bombed. (The truck I was following thought it would be funny to throw some white powder out the window to dust me.)
Wow, that was really stupid of them.

zig308

I'd echo the "polite but firm" comment. Don't expect guys to take a hint by talking on the phone or whatever because they won't as some have experienced. Something like, "sorry, just got married and am taken" or "I'm late for my Dr's appointment to take care of these herpies". You don't owe strangers the truth. Try to use a line that will not invite a follow-up response.

If so inclined, forget the mace and carry a firearm - state carry laws permitting.

FitZ6R

Maybe it's the novelty.. are there that many FEWER women riders than men?
The Motorcycle Industry Council reported (in 2003) that 10% of mc owners were women.

porky45

The Motorcycle Industry Council reported (in 2003) that 10% of mc owners were women.
really? even that number seems a bit high?

Are you sure they didn't cut out the rest of that question?

Women that ride on the back of the bike? :D

I think women that ride are sexy. I know my girlfriend loves to go on rides with me and one day (once her car is paid off) I'd like to get her riding on her own.

:thumbup: to the ladies that ride!

F

FZ6Rgurl

I love the double-takes I get. It's like guys don't believe it's a chic driving the bike. They expect to see a dude. They take a look at the bike and look back at the road, and the they whip their head back real quick. It's quite funny.

MyBabyFZ6R

Whats even better is when you tell a guy you just bought a new bike and show him the picture. They do a double take from the picture to you and then their jaw drops. And then they ask in amazement, you ride a crotch rocket?

Spunky99

Maybe start to talk about the South Park episode where all cruisers with loud pipes were called Faggots....

Brrrrappp brap burrapparap

Back To Reality

Ok...this is for all you cool chicks out there who ride...just wondering if this happens to you very much...
Bad PhatPhizzigger...no firearm.

But seriously, be aggressive to take care of yourself. There are too many evil people out there, and I don't mind reminding people that some of us expect them to behave.

Stephenfz6r

Call 911 next time.

JonKerr

Elite Member