Foreign Police bikes

Invader Jim

I think that is great. They will be a lot cheaper to buy and maintain compared to the "Royal Malaysian Police’s existing vehicle fleet which includes the Honda ST1300 and the Can-Am Spyder".

Brock Kickass

I could lose a Spyder on a bicycle. In some European countries the cops run FJR's, and know how to ride them. That's a cop you're not getting away from. Ninja 250 should work in an urban setting, though. Plenty nimble and top speed isn't as much or a factor.

(B.T.W., I do not run cops or endorse it, am simply pointing out the deterrent factor of cops using proper equipment.)

DragonBlu

Pretty impressive looking fleet John. I haven't seen that many cops since my arrest in 1973.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Karlbee92

In Australia, most BP ride FJR1300s which is why it took so long for my bike to be built because they had to finish the police bikes :mad:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Roaddawg

California just stopped buying those. Councours (modified for police duty) is the new CHP standard, though the BMWs will continue in use so long as it's economical to repair them. Many, but not all, local police forces will piggyback on the CHP deal and buy them too, though the local PDs tend to keep bikes around for a lot longer. LAPD still has some of the old Harleys and seem to be willing to keep them so long as the officers assigned to them still want them.
Here ya go, the new Concours. They Kawi's are fast!! Some of the beemers out there have over 160K miles!! They use to run them out at 60k miles, but due to the State budget cuts and the lack of new bikes, guys are riding them into the dirt otherwise they would lose their bikes.

If the budget in CA gets worst, we'll be going to pocket bikes!! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

I guess they are using BB guns too!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
LOL. that's that I was thinking. But then again most of the people that can afford a real bike, don't live their.... lol.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member