for the gun folk

Spunky99

scared and prepared are two different things... I ride with a helmet, to be prepared for an accident, I'm not scared of an accident, but I always wear it...

yeah, met a few people in the AF who had no business even looking at guns... had a shotty pointed at me while skeet shooting, because "it didn't shoot, what do I do now?"... me and another guy hit the deck and yelled the worst vulgar language you'd ever hear until he pointed that thing to the ground... he still didn't get that just because it misfired once, didn't mean it couldn't still go off
Sometimes you run into people like that. Ya can't fix stupid.
We had a recruit in basic that pulled that crap and turned around in the foxhole with the M-16 pointed at the DI. The 45ACP almost went off before the guy figured out to turn back around and swivel his head only to get the attention of the Rangemaster.

Y

yellowfz

scared and prepared are two different things... I ride with a helmet, to be prepared for an accident, I'm not scared of an accident, but I always wear it...

yeah, met a few people in the AF who had no business even looking at guns... had a shotty pointed at me while skeet shooting, because "it didn't shoot, what do I do now?"... me and another guy hit the deck and yelled the worst vulgar language you'd ever hear until he pointed that thing to the ground... he still didn't get that just because it misfired once, didn't mean it couldn't still go off
Must have been the same guy that came out to our place . :D
I carry a gun to go kill something , if I point it it is to shoot that something , if I get into a fight a firearm is useless and only gets in the way .
If someone has a firearm and threatens me , if I get close enough I will change that . :eek:
I believe everyone has the right to keep and bear arms , I just don't believe in carrying one with me all the time .

Spunky99

Must have been the same guy that came out to our place . :D
I carry a gun to go kill something , if I point it it is to shoot that something , if I get into a fight a firearm is useless and only gets in the way .
If someone has a firearm and threatens me , if I get close enough I will change that . :eek:
I believe everyone has the right to keep and bear arms , I just don't believe in carrying one with me all the time .
I agree with you 100%...Most altercations are nothing more than mistakes and escalation to a deadly weapon is counterproductive. It hard to say sorry to a dead person where it's a lot easier if you both are unhurt. How often are you at the bank and the guy in front of you robs the teller...LOL..ya right.

If I feel I need to strap on a gun to go into a certain area, I probably should rethink my need to go into that area. In the military they send you into those areas on purpose.
I do carry a 3.5" folder most times but that comes in handy for opening a package or cutting off an errant thread on my shirt whereas a gun can do neither with any accuracy.

Well........in any case! A solid foundation of how to fire and safely manipulate a weapon will benefit you in the end! You will survive the Zombie outbreak longer!

Spunky99

Well........in any case! A solid foundation of how to fire and safely manipulate a weapon will benefit you in the end! You will survive the Zombie outbreak longer!
Yeah...but a solid foundation on a Colt single action 1911 A1 will get you killed on a Glock DA when you try to decock with the mag in and then drop the mag and then use the DA feature...LOL...Dooohhhhh..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It's really not about being too scared to go places or avoiding areas you know are sketchy. You can't avoid the wackos that fly off the handle out of the blue. Additionally, crime is not relegated to specific areas, it happens in the slums, and it occurs in affluent neighborhoods as well.

This video is a great example of how you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and where a little preparedness (read: carrying protection) could have gone a long way to save numerous lives.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis]YouTube - Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment![/ame]

I guess people should stop going to "sketchy" school board meetings as well to avoid getting held hostage and/or shot at.
Florida School Board Shooting: Gunman Opens Fire During Meeting
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWNEQmav0dA&feature=related]YouTube - Florida School Board Meeting Shooting - Full WMBB Video - December 14. 2010 Cnn Coverage[/ame]

ry-mac75

hahaha - stupid zombies - always mucking things up.

When I bought my last shotgun, my cousin said to me... 'why do you need that?'

I said, (of course trying to look as paranoid and crazy as can be), 'I just want to be prepared in case the zombies ever come...'

I thought he'd piss himself laughing.

Spunky99

I like how that lady used "Purse diplomacy" to try and knock the gun out of his hand. he must have thought it a pretty good move too because he didn't take out her Zombie butt with 2 taps to the chest and one to the head. He had the perfect opportunity but didn't.

Y

yellowfz

It's really not about being too scared to go places or avoiding areas you know are sketchy. You can't avoid the wackos that fly off the handle out of the blue. Additionally, crime is not relegated to specific areas, it happens in the slums, and it occurs in affluent neighborhoods as well.

This video is a great example of how you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and where a little preparedness (read: carrying protection) could have gone a long way to save numerous lives.
YouTube - Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!

I guess people should stop going to "sketchy" school board meetings as well to avoid getting held hostage and/or shot at.
Florida School Board Shooting: Gunman Opens Fire During Meeting
YouTube - Florida School Board Meeting Shooting - Full WMBB Video - December 14. 2010 Cnn Coverage
If you want to carry a firearm it is your privilege and I believe you should have that privilege , I choose not to , but will defend the right for you or anyone else that wishes to carry one . :)

Reactions: JSP

JSP

Super Moderator
If you want to carry a firearm it is your privilege and I believe you should have that privilege , I choose not to , but will defend the right for you or anyone else that wishes to carry one . :)

I'd like to throw a big THANK YOU your way! :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

Spunky99

Anyone using a ACOG on an AR-15.
Expensive suckers. $1200.00 and up to almost 5K.
I just bought an NcStar ACOG sniper and hoping it will be OK.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

nope, but that looks like a great price and has good reviews for sport/rec use. would def. make those 100+ yd shots easier to do.
The 100 yd shots are nothing. I qualified expert in the US ARMY with a perfect score including 460 meters. zero misses with iron sights on a POS General Motors M16-A1 that was ready for the trash heap.

It has a range drop knob I was interested in that is supposedly good to 600 yards and at my age the 300+ meter and longer shots are hard because I can't see the target anymore. :D
I was going to buy the 7 x 40mm but I think a 4x is fine for 90% of any effective range of a 55 grain .223.

Anyone using a ACOG on an AR-15.
Expensive suckers. $1200.00 and up to almost 5K.
I just bought an NcStar ACOG sniper and hoping it will be OK.

I love the ACOG! It almost takes the fun out of shooting! If you can't hit your 40/40 with the ACOG then there is something wrong! If you apply the four fundamentals of shooting you will hit your target each time with that sight...........assuming you zeroed it properly! If I ever buy an AR I would save up for the ACOG! I never had a problem with it! The only thing I would suggest doing is putting some 90mph tape on the fiber optic tube! If you cover 3/4 of it, it will reduce how bright it is and you can get a better aimpoint! Plus they have the CCO sight that can be attached to the top of it!

husker525

Put a shell extender on the shotty and you have 8 in the mag and one in the chamber. Great for home defense with 00 buckshot in it.
AR15 can't be beat for skirmishes but unless we get a revolution here, kinda useless for home defense.
pistols are excellent to about 25' in a shootout but the rounds go through walls so ya got to be careful if ya miss the target.

Most people depend on a pump shotgun for the sound when racking a round to scare off the bad guy and because a scattergun negates accuracy in a situation where you might be shaking like a leaf.
When release the bolt on a semi-auto shotty that sound is unmistakable too and the number of rounds you can get off far exceed what the pump can produce. Gotta love that racking round sound in the pumpy tho....
There is nothing wrong with a shotgun for home defense, especially if you choose something along the lines of birdshot loads. At close range, the devastation is awesome, and overpenetration is non-existent. But do not overlook the AR-15. Studies have shown that 9mm rounds, both FMJ and hollow points can penetrate up to 9 interior 2x4 constructed, sheet rocked walls, out of a handgun. I have had the opportunity to do lots of shooting with the .223 rounds out of a 14" HBAR CAR, using varmint style rounds that fragment on impact. This makes multiple wound channels, the penetration through interior walls was generally around 3-4, and the knockdown power is well above that of a 9mm round.

My personal rifle is a Colt CAR-15, flat top receiver, ACOG with night vision and thermal imaging capabilities, flip up rear sight, Trijicon front night sight, Pachmeyer grips, and a tactical flashlight mount with a pressure switch. I love the ACOG, it is a 1.5x magnification, and have had no problems. I have used the EoTech, which I liked, but battery life can be a problem, and in Afghanistan on an M4, I had the Aimpoint, which is indestructible. For 14 months, I left the Aimpoint on all the time, and never had to replace the batteries. After getting blown up 3 times, the zero was always dead on.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
found a zombie... used a bit of 00buck... it wasn't pretty :rof:

two flyers... out of 15 shots... the rest tore his face off and left a big hole where his chest used to be... :rof:
Holy sh*t! Is that a Zombie silhouette for target practice!? HAHAHAHA! That is the coolest thing I've seen in a while!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

Those are wayyyyyyy Cooooooooollllll

I found this little number to shoot at.
Gonna get some multifold banner paper and run it through my Vinyl Cutter/Pen Plotter as it's about 18" x 42".