Finally getting with the times and getting a smartphone...

ajskillz13

I have the original Incredible as well. Out of curiosity, what issue were you having? I really haven't encountered any problems. :confused:
I had an error saying I was low on space. Wouldn't let me download apps and wouldn't sync anything. Thing is, I wasn't low on space! Every stat on my phone said I had plenty in every spot possible! I tried clearing cache etc. Etc... Finally found the only fix was to root. Haven't had the problem once I got off HTC's Sense. I liked their interface, but it just had this one issue.

I'm on MIUI now. Pretty slick, but I think the support is going away. Will probably stay stock next time... At least for a week :D

e.blackadder

I looked at the HTC Trophy but I wouldnt use it for what it is intended for. I have no need for a windows phone with office, outlook, etc. Plus it is Zune or something? Seems Android has lots more support/apps.
Zune is the media sync software. WP7 is superior to Android. Haven't seen the iPhone 5 yet, but prefer WP7 to iPhone 4. And I'm not asying that because MS is paying me pretty penny. Check it out for yourself: Windows Phone Mango Update | Custom Ringtones, Visual Voicemail, and More | Windows Phone 7.

Y

yellowfz

Have the OG Droid 1 (Motorola Droid) , love it , waiting on the Nexus Prime for VZW .
iPhone 4s is all that came out , has lots of things that Android already has .
Can't go wrong with a HTC device , good equipment (wife has a older Eris) .
Rooting and hacking is the main reason I went with Android , that and I am a Linux freak , so any Android device I get has to have unlocked bootloader , period .
Rooted right off and custom ROMs and UI (Pete , CyanogenMod , Droid Concepts , Slayer , P3Droid kernels) , tried MIUI (loved it when it was FroYo but Gingerbread is quirky) makes the Droid look and function just like a iPhone , yuck , why ?
All the apps mentioned are great apps to have .
It is nice to be able to search for anything at any time , products , forums , trivia , general knowledge , Twitter , Face Book , the world in your pocket .

To the guy with Win7 soon to be 8 , you are in a class by yourself , for right now it is IOS5 or Android soon to be ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) , you are definitely a trendsetter , maybe . :surrender:

Forgot to add , "Tazer Free" is a fun app , great if you have young ones you like to tease , serves no other purpose .

Last edited by a moderator:

JSP

Super Moderator
Absolutely LOVING this phone!!! So much stuff to do on it haha. Going crazy with all these apps. I have it connected to my wifi so I am not overloading my GB. Cant believe I waited this long.

ajskillz13

Haha... Not sure if you're married, but if so, your wife will grow to hate it quickly... Until you buy her one ;)

JSP

Super Moderator
Haha... Not sure if you're married, but if so, your wife will grow to hate it quickly... Until you buy her one ;)
Yes, Married... She is very much jealous haha. :D This thing is awesome.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

rjohnson5481

Check out tapatalk. All of the forum in your hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSP

Super Moderator
Well, I have had the same phone Droid Inc 2 for just right about 2 years now...

Love the phone still but time to move on. Started acting up on me and just randomly shutting itself off. Late to work a couple times because of it since I use it for my alarm. Now it wont stay on for more than a couple minutes if that. Even when plugged into the wall. Battery shows full charge, but after restarting a few times shows dead. Plug it into the wall and it says full charge and wont show charging symbol. Then dies when I try using it.

I am eligible for upgrade so instead of wasting money on a battery for the Dinc and hoping it fixes my problem, I figured I'd just as well get a newer phone.

Again, i'm not all about the latest greatest thing so I looked at what was available and reviews/price first. Ended up going with a Samsung Galaxy S 3. I know the S4 is already out but no biggy to me. Got this one for $49. Super happy with that and I really love the phone so far. Quite a bit bigger than the Dinc 2. Think its a little skinnier though. Great phone. And I'm finally 4G now! :D Can really tell a difference for sure. Much faster browsing/video loading.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Maadi

For anybody looking to get out of the contract world: If you are OK with having sprint's network, TING (ting.com) is a very affordable way to pay for your phone bill - NO CONTRACT. You have to have a Sprint phone, but they have lots available, new or used. Or you can buy one off of Amazon for cheap... if needed. My husband has a Samsung Galaxy Victory, I have an HTC EVO Design 4G, and depending on our data usage our TOTAL bill for the month is ~$35. If you want the newest phone you'll have to pay the full price, though. There was an HTC one available for over six hundred dollars.... Not my cup of tea :)
The only issue I have had so far is that I can't make calls from inside my work - the steel/concrete building totally destroys the signal... So pretty big issue... Seems to be a sprint problem, so if interested, be aware of that.
Ting has the best customer service ever.

FastFreddy

I think I might get one now, my old phone keeps saying its 10am, every hour now.

I had privacy concerns about Batman's butler previously, billionaires are trustworthy right ?

Bert-Aus

Most useful apps i use inconjunction with moto is GoogleMaps and for Track days RaceChrono

Otherwise general smart phone stuff like music player, camera, compass, converter tools, dictaphone, weather etc plus games for boredom busting are all good.