Few goodies showed up

clifford_05

Well 4 out of 5 things I ordered showed up today which was cool. I got some wheel stripes, carbon fiber fuel cap accent, carbon fiber tank pad, and some pro grip handgrips. Here is a pic of everything. (pics were taken off my iphone)

The red stripes:

Handgrips:

Fuel cap n tank pad

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

bikerMommy

Love the carbon fiber look on black :thumbup: Those grips are hot too, are they any more comfortable than the stock grips?

I have some goodies on the way too, I'm waiting for my CF TBR Exhaust and JB, my double bubble windscreen, and bike stands :rockon:

clifford_05

Love the carbon fiber look on black :thumbup: Those grips are hot too, are they any more comfortable than the stock grips?

I have some goodies on the way too, I'm waiting for my CF TBR Exhaust and JB, my double bubble windscreen, and bike stands :rockon:
I love the feel of those handgrips over the stock ones and I they feel more comfy due to the clear gel cover on it. My hands don't slip any
either. Very pleased with em

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

clifford_05

Very nice... no doubt about it, it's a FZ6R...;)

I like the carbon fiber look too, thought about getting those grips when I do grip heaters, looks really sharp.:rockon:
Yeah there isnt any doubt about what it is, lol. Few things sayin fz6r on it haha. But yeah I liked how the c/f looks on it. Blends in while lookin good. And I do like the grips alot, comfy and better feel over the stocks and add a touch of look. I seen that not too many ppl on here had em yet so I thought Id give me a shot.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Are the grips thicker than the stock grips? In other words, is the diameter larger?

I have heard that larger diameter grips relieve stress in your hands because you don't have to wrap your fingers around as far or squeeze as tight.

Detrich

sweet! thanks for sharing :)

clifford_05

Are the grips thicker than the stock grips? In other words, is the diameter larger?

I have heard that larger diameter grips relieve stress in your hands because you don't have to wrap your fingers around as far or squeeze as tight.
Yes they are thicker. Since ive got to ride around on them more now I have noticed the difference and they are alot better on the hands n wrists. Not that the stock ones were bad to me but these new ones are better in comfort and feel.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Neon

Very very nice do you happen to have any links to where you bought the tank pad, grips and cap replacement? thats just sick looking.

thanks man very very nice

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks good...

Did you still use that plastic washer on the throttle side? Seems like your throttle grip is pressed against the housing. Wouldn't want it to stick on ya and keep you open throttle. When I took mine off and re-installed for grip heaters, I made sure I left a gap when I glued them down. It helps take up the gap from the end weight as well.

clifford_05

Very very nice do you happen to have any links to where you bought the tank pad, grips and cap replacement? thats just sick looking.

thanks man very very nice
I just went to ebay and bought all 3 things from the same seller. The seller has an actual shop so it was cool. Plus I have no problems with buying stuff from ebay.

jspansel said:
Looks good...

Did you still use that plastic washer on the throttle side? Seems like your throttle grip is pressed against the housing. Wouldn't want it to stick on ya and keep you open throttle. When I took mine off and re-installed for grip heaters, I made sure I left a gap when I glued them down. It helps take up the gap from the end weight as well.
It looks that way but it actually isnt a problem with sticking. That little washer is there just kinda hard to see from the angle n stuff.

clifford_05

Finally get to update my thread and finally got my last mod. It showed up a couple days ago just havent got the chance to get on here till now.

I got my red bar ends with the carbon fiber inlay to match the rest of my c/f stuff and added a touch of color to the bike as well. I wish the red was darker but I still like it.

husker525

I just ordered the same style grips, and will let you know. I have Spider brand grips now, which I use on my quads, but I do not care for the diameter compared to stock on my bike.

You are correct, the larger the diameter, the more cushion, and depending on the size of the person's hands, can reduce fatigue. I am curious to know if anyone has come out with Anti-Vibe bars for street bikes, like we have on our quads...

husker525

Finally get to update my thread and finally got my last mod. It showed up a couple days ago just havent got the chance to get on here till now.

I got my red bar ends with the carbon fiber inlay to match the rest of my c/f stuff and added a touch of color to the bike as well. I wish the red was darker but I still like it.

That is pretty shexxy.....strong work, carry on, as you were, I will be in the area all day....lol

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member