Coldest or hottest you have ridden in

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

must be nice to have that warmer weather I just cant ride in the cold!! I finally rode yesterday since the high was 60 I figured it wont get any better that that this time of year
Summer time down under. But it was an awesome day to ride here yesterday, wish I wasn't at fricken work! Must have been close to 80. Sunday was a great day too, I went out for an hour or two on Saturday and it was nice but windy.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ej'sfz

thats the temp when i leave my town ramona, but about ten minutes down the road i take it drops about another 5-10 degrees in this valley....chilly for southern california. but the hottest ive ridden in is probably about 110....im from the desert so the heat i can take, id rather sweat a little and open a zipper than stack on gear lol

Attachments

Sparkxx1

I just bought Rukka Lobster Gloves to help deal with the cold weather. Too bad it snowed this past week so now I have to wait until some nice temperatures this weekend to melt it all away. I might pot up a review of my winter setup so far!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

thats the temp when i leave my town ramona, but about ten minutes down the road i take it drops about another 5-10 degrees in this valley....chilly for southern california. but the hottest ive ridden in is probably about 110....im from the desert so the heat i can take, id rather sweat a little and open a zipper than stack on gear lol
Screw that, I'd rather put more clothes on... I sweat like a champ so I prefer to cold to the heat. Especially Florida heat, you know it's summer time in Florida when you step outside and your shirt just sticks to you completely before you get to your car that's only 8 feet from the front door.

latony007

Screw that, I'd rather put more clothes on... I sweat like a champ so I prefer to cold to the heat. Especially Florida heat, you know it's summer time in Florida when you step outside and your shirt just sticks to you completely before you get to your car that's only 8 feet from the front door.
hey doesn't your shirt stick to you the moment you walk outside there in December too lol ;)

MiniMose

this is my first winter on a bike.

the coldest day so far was 19f, with a wind chill that made it feel like 10.... and at 60mph on the way home... it felt like 0.

hottest i have ridden in was during the summer, and it was about 98f

i don't mind the heat so much, but my current jacket has a windproof/waterproof liner, that is not removable, which basically means during the summer months... i smell like a wet bag of assholes.

winter isnt bad, and i dont mind the cold so much, and i dont mind the wet so much.... but the combination of the 2 is a bummer.

latony007

i smell like a wet bag of assholes.

LOL that is a new one. I need to get a summer jacket as well. Something all mesh with no liner. My regular jacket is great for anything but hot hot.

latony007

this is my first winter on a bike.

the coldest day so far was 19f, with a wind chill that made it feel like 10.... and at 60mph on the way home... it felt like 0.

hottest i have ridden in was during the summer, and it was about 98f

i don't mind the heat so much, but my current jacket has a windproof/waterproof liner, that is not removable, which basically means during the summer months... i smell like a wet bag of assholes.

winter isnt bad, and i dont mind the cold so much, and i dont mind the wet so much.... but the combination of the 2 is a bummer.
well it wasn't a record low or high but it was a record high for a Christmas Day ride with my brother. We abandoned the family for only an hour and a half but it was about 82 degrees so we had to get out at least for a bit :)

dnielson45

Elite Member

Brock Kickass

In the spring when I've been suffering from PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) for too long I'll do stupid things like ride to work on a cold morning knowing it will get warmer later in the day when I'm done work. If the overnight low is above freezing I'll usually go, knowing there will be no lingering ice from the night before. One or two degrees C is the worst I've been out in. The ride to work was pure suffering, just holding on the the notion that it would be 15 degrees C or better when I left the shop and I could go for a little burn. I really don't ride for fun much below 10 C. I'm just not that hardcore.

Botty12

3C (37F) for a low, and 42C (107F) for hot. I will not ride when my hands freeze off. And I don't ride once the first fling of salt hits the road...corrosion is too fierce where I'm at.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member