Coldest or hottest you have ridden in

latony007

In another post where tatty2012 was talking about the ridiculously cold weather he is experiencing it made us California guys bewildered by the cold temperatures that some of you guys will ride in. So I am curious what is the coldest and hottest temps you have ever ridden in and any problems or stories caused by the conditions.

For cold I will never win lol. My coldest day riding was maybe around 55 and I was freezing at that (while moving at speed) wearing a full heavy leather with liner, gloves and boots. I recently bought a freeze out under pants and glove liners. The pants worked well and ill probably get the chest one too that I can keep in my backpack for emergencies. I also am intersested in one of those wind jammer things to help keep cold out of my helmet and reduce noise. Hoping I will be able to take a little cooler temps after that.

For Heat I could be near the top. riding my brothers Can Am I saw 115 on the temp gauge. Keep in mind the can am creates a little bubble of heat on its own. In fact it got so hot my fricken leg almost burned off, I was wearing shorts (which is ok on a can am) and the exhaust was coming right up my calf to the point I had to pull over and after I was done crying from the pain wrap a tshirt around my calf. We have since installed a heat blocker plate there so its solved some what but man that hurt. For my fz6r I would say up to about 105 has been the hottest so far, and yes I left my jacket and gloves behind that day like a bad boy. The bike was fresh off the showroom floor and I needed to ride but couldn't take it with all the gear on. No bad results knock on wood.

How about you?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

abyss1406

25F and 110F both are not fun. Hell, wind chill factor sucks and these santa ana winds that we are having are colder than a mother effer

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Coldest about 10C (50F) it doesnt often get colder than that in this part of the world
Warmest about 48C (118F) summer temps get around there in Jan/ Feb,
but tyres are really grippy then too!;)

Last edited:

Maadi

Coldest was this fall at 27F, hottest this summer at about 95F.... not breaking any records here...

JSP

Super Moderator
Low: 18
High: High 90's

BKP

Low 18° F
High 105° F

Didn't mind the low - you can always layer on the gear... the high was stifling...

BoneJj

25F and 110F both are not fun. Hell, wind chill factor sucks and these santa ana winds that we are having are colder than a mother effer
That's pretty much what I've ridden in though I much more prefer the cold over the heat. I hate having to drink several gallons of water just to be able to ride and smell like a bag of CRAP by the time I get home.

VRIIClubby

Coldest about 10C (50F) it doesnt often get colder than that in this part of the world
Warmest about 48C (118F) summer temps get around there in Jan/ Feb,
but tyres are really grippy then too!;)
Much the same, except I ride to Canberra on occassion, that brings my minimum down massively!

Lowest -5c (22F)
Highest - all of Jan/Feb for me will be well into the 40's (100+F) sitting in mid 30's already.

ignatz

Coldest was this morning at ~38F
Warmest was in October at ~100F

Although the hottest I've ever ridden a bike in was well over 100F in Glamis a few years back. I'm not sure of the actual temp but I know when I took all my gear off it looked as though I had taken a shower in my clothes. I think that was the last time my brother and I took a day trip late in the season but we both really wanted to ride.

flyingminno

Coldest for me was a couple years ago on the 6r, it was 27° in the AZ desert.

The most warm was riding through Death Valley, head to toe gear to insulate me from the heat of 117°.

To be honest, I cope better with the heat than the cold. I could always cool myself with water and shade, but cold weather chills to the bones and is not nearly as easy to shake.

latony007

Coldest for me was a couple years ago on the 6r, it was 27° in the AZ desert.

The most warm was riding through Death Valley, head to toe gear to insulate me from the heat of 117°.

To be honest, I cope better with the heat than the cold. I could always cool myself with water and shade, but cold weather chills to the bones and is not nearly as easy to shake.
wow those are some crazy lows. I know our Canadian friends can top them though :) I agree with the heat being easier. At least when your moving the air is hitting you and drying the sweat lol. At 20 degrees or whatever i don't believe i would be able to think much less do anything else. but that's a product of growing up in the heat vs. the cold i assume.
However having said that i will not ride my bike in the 110+ range again unless it was some kind of emergency.

Billsbet0

Where I live we routinely have a 30 degree temperature swing in the same day. Usually pile on the gear for the ride to work and store most of it in my tail bag for the trip home.
Low = 34
High = 110 (at 6:00 pm)
Heat that high sucks to ride in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

flyingminno

wow those are some crazy lows. I know our Canadian friends can top them though :) I agree with the heat being easier. At least when your moving the air is hitting you and drying the sweat lol. At 20 degrees or whatever i don't believe i would be able to think much less do anything else. but that's a product of growing up in the heat vs. the cold i assume.
However having said that i will not ride my bike in the 110+ range again unless it was some kind of emergency.
I'm sure some of our NorCal counterparts can easily top those lows, er undermine them ;)

I do agree, maybe because of living in the heat I am just more able to adapt to it.