Coldest or hottest you have ridden in

latony007

this past week the weather was amazing to go riding! made a few out of town trips and played volleyball with a tank top and shorts on Christmas. id say that's pretty dang awesome
it really was ridiculous wasn't it? I went out for about an hour ride on Christmas day with my brother and it was just awesome, 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Yesterday went to angeles crest and it was around 74, little windy but not much once you were in the twisties.

BKP

Well... have to revise my "coldest" temp ride...

Just got back from (cut) short ride JUST to see what it would be like in this ridiculous new frozen world... Thermo on my back porch is reading 11° F. I headed out and hit a point after about 20 minutes, that I *knew* I'd need to turn back... When I walked in, my fingers were ice... the back of my neck was ice... and my face was ice...

So.. approx. 40 minute ride wearing the following, and got back just in time to avoid frostbite:
-Freeze-Out thermals and shirt
-Iron-something Cyclegear Kevlar pants
-Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket
-Schampa wool neck gaiter
-A* S-MX5 boots
-A* Tech Road gloves (good gloves, but these temps *require* heated gear)

11 effin degrees in Atlanta... and temps are still dropping... and it's WINDY!! Can't imagine what the wind chill is...

Last edited:

latony007

Well... have to revise my "coldest" temp ride...

Just got back from (cut) short ride JUST to see what it would be like in this ridiculous new frozen world... Thermo on my back porch is reading 11° F. I headed out and hit a point after about 20 minutes, that I *knew* I'd need to turn back... When I walked in, my fingers were ice... the back of my neck was ice... and my face was ice...

So.. approx. 40 minute ride wearing the following, and got back just in time to avoid frostbite:
-Freeze-Out thermals and shirt
-Iron-something Cyclegear Kevlar pants
-Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket
-Schampa wool neck gaiter
-A* S-MX5 boots
-A* Tech Road gloves (good gloves, but these temps *require* heated gear)

11 effin degrees in Atlanta... and temps are still dropping... and it's WINDY!! Can't imagine what the wind chill is...
Man the ATL isn't supposed to get that cold is it? Hey how do you like your corbin?

BKP

Man the ATL isn't supposed to get that cold is it? Hey how do you like your corbin?
No... we get lethargic when it hits the 40's here...
The Corbin's great... big, big change... It's a harder saddle, so I don't think it's for everyone. But, once it breaks in, all the pressure points disappear, which is what it's supposed to do -- and makes the longer rides *much* more bearable.

I *will* say, if I move to more of a distance tourer (looking at a possible move to the new V-Strom dl1000), I'll look into a Russell 'Day-Long' seat... That's more of a "Lazy Boy" to Corbin's "Aeron Chair"...

Bert-Aus

Be safe all you Stateside & Canadian members!
After seeing on news reports about the temperatures that you are weathering at present,
I cant fathom how cold that must feel like!!!

Sending warm thoughts from Australia

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Grumpy

Coldest as been in the upper teens 18 19 or so. Hottest has been over 100.

DragonBlu

Got off work at 1am and headed home at 16F. Thank god it was only 5 miles.
Warmest around 100F.

knightmare

Coldest I've been was 30 and hottest was 120.... I can handle the cold but the heat was killer... I was riding out to Phoenix az.... It was so hot I was hiding behind 18 wheelers for there shade.... They were honking at me cuz I was too close to them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoneJj

Coldest I've been was 30 and hottest was 120.... I can handle the cold but the heat was killer... I was riding out to Phoenix az.... It was so hot I was hiding behind 18 wheelers for there shade.... They were honking at me cuz I was too close to them....

You need an all mesh jacket, lol.

They actually help in hot weather at speed but you will need to wash it once your are done riding in 100 degree weather. Don't want to be stinking the next time you go for a ride.

knightmare

You need an all mesh jacket, lol.

They actually help in hot weather at speed but you will need to wash it once your are done riding in 100 degree weather. Don't want to be stinking the next time you go for a ride.

I got one now.... But it would have helped then.... But it was hot as hell....

latony007

I got one now.... But it would have helped then.... But it was hot as hell....

Funny i just got one in the middle of winter too. During summer with my leather and armored jacket on i was roasting a few times, and went without it a couple it was so hot. Now i will never be jacket or armor less again :)

hellboy7

I have no clue how cold it was when I rode, but lets put it this way. it was so cold and slippery that I was sliding all over the place. It was a dumb idea to just take my bike out for a quick spin.