Coldest or hottest you have ridden in

latony007

Where I live we routinely have a 30 degree temperature swing in the same day. Usually pile on the gear for the ride to work and store most of it in my tail bag for the trip home.
Low = 34
High = 110 (at 6:00 pm)
Heat that high sucks to ride in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Lets face it 65-85 is the best temps to ride in and make the ride the most enjoyable. if your out in anything colder or hotter its just because we are crazy and love that damn bike so much lol

where is eastvale, ca? I have never heard of it. do you still have a corbin on order? let me know how you like it when you get it. It looks great just couldn't come up with 5 bills for it. Is it any taller?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

yes very much so... I can ride in 110 no prob wont think twice the cold just kicks my *** im a wuss when it comes to cold
I can second that JT!
When it is hot, all I do is wet my shirt, skull cap and bandana (tied as a scarf around my neck) and open the vents in my gear and it is like riding in an AC suit for about an hour -although traffic stops SUCK!!!!
BUt when it is cold, man the shivers once they start there is no getting rid of them except for hot chocolate/ coffee breaks!
Mind you my idea of cold is pretty mild compared to what you northern hemisphere guys are posting

latony007

I can second that JT!
When it is hot, all I do is wet my shirt, skull cap and bandana (tied as a scarf around my neck) and open the vents in my gear and it is like riding in an AC suit for about an hour -although traffic stops SUCK!!!!
BUt when it is cold, man the shivers once they start there is no getting rid of them except for hot chocolate/ coffee breaks!
Mind you my idea of cold is pretty mild compared to what you northern hemisphere guys are posting
Same here, I can shake off the heat (except at stops) but the cold just goes to my bones and sucks the fun out of riding.

JT and I are from so cal so we don't count as northern hemisphere LOL
My friend from Chicago just text me its a lovely 4F there right now which would pretty much kill me.

35 was the coldest (not including wind chill), I had in layers: socks, boxer briefs, sleep pants, jeans, undershirt, graphic shirt, pullover hoodie, jacket, 2 pairs of gloves (dumb and dumber reference), and my helmet for my cabesa. Still came to work with frozen fingers, thighs, knees, & ankles. Hottest would be on my way to Julian 4 months ago. Temperature hit just under 100, I didn't like stopping cause the temp gauge on my bike would max @ 225 and you start to sweat from the bikes heat. If I had to choose one, it would be cold. Grabbing Pho on a cold day is always good. So is staying home and saving some cash.

Billsbet0

Lets face it 65-85 is the best temps to ride in and make the ride the most enjoyable. if your out in anything colder or hotter its just because we are crazy and love that damn bike so much lol

where is eastvale, ca? I have never heard of it. do you still have a corbin on order? let me know how you like it when you get it. It looks great just couldn't come up with 5 bills for it. Is it any taller?
Eastvale is a new city, about 3 years old, between Corona and Ontario off the 15 freeway sandwiched between the 91 and the 60 freeways. It's officially Riverside County but we are on the far west side of the county.

Corbin in still on order, about 2 more weeks until I get it. I tried mod'ing the stock seat and got it better but for how much time I'm on the bike I decided my a$$ was worth it.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

mxw1090

Hottest 118F just fill the camelback with Ice before heading out.

Coldest 27F Took a detour to Pikes Peak, heading back to AZ from SD. Awsome ride. about 60 degree change in temp going up.

KillaCoDe

Well so far the coldest for me this winter is 40F degrees wearing summer gear with my jacket liner in and that was riding at 65 mph for 30 mins (was running late for work and didn't have time to worry about more clothing lol) and wow that is insanely cold!!! That will definitely wake you up at 5am in the morning on the way to work lol. Thanks to the blazing Houston heat and insane humidity I have ridin in temps of up to 115F or way more probably if you consider I was fully geared (jacket, gloves, helmet and boots) all summer! lol I will have to say, there were times I wanted to pull over strip down naked, throw all of my clothes in my back pack and keep riding because I was sweating so bad lol. FOR REAL :cool:

blkbrd

Elite Member

BoneJj

I was out riding in some 50 degree weather last night with the new polar tex 2 gloves I got from tourmaster not too long ago, it was still warm for those gloves last night, pretty insane how good they are. fitment could be a little better but not bad...

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

Eastvale is a new city, about 3 years old, between Corona and Ontario off the 15 freeway sandwiched between the 91 and the 60 freeways. It's officially Riverside County but we are on the far west side of the county.

Corbin in still on order, about 2 more weeks until I get it. I tried mod'ing the stock seat and got it better but for how much time I'm on the bike I decided my a$$ was worth it.
your not too far from me. My brother lives in yorba linda. We hit up angeles crest a lot as kind of being in the middle of us. If you dont mind PM me and Let me know how the Corbin goes, especially if its any taller. I just got my stock seat done as well and its better but its also slightly taller. I have not been able to get 2 or 3 hours on it yet to see if it helps with the longer ride issue. it looks cool though :)

Cool hearing all the temp stories. looks like as predicted one of our Canadian friends took the cake for cold at 10F and there were a couple of us over 115-118. This last weekend was perfect here hope all you so cal guys got out.

Bert-Aus

Well it has already hit 39C (102F) here today
Tomorrow is meant to be the same and Thursday is looking to be 41C (105F)

VRIIClubby

lol, yeah its heating up! Not as bad as the WACA for the past few days though!

next 6 days its 40, 42, 44, 41, 40 & 44. Its dry heat out here aswell which kills me, I much prefer the humidity of the coastal regions :( (and the boobies lol)

Bert-Aus

WA weather generally hits us in SA about a day later

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2