CBR600RR at 41

Alex6

The FZ1's design is older than Ninja 1000's, so advantage goes to Kawi. That might change if/when Yamaha decides to upgrade FZ1.

The lower fairings for FZ1 are available in the US, but are limited to the certain years, because of the color options. Of course it can be painted to match whatever color the bike is.
The very up-right position is easier on the wrists, but adds stress to the spine.

Decisions.....

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ndfz6r

Decision made

Well thank you all for your posts, very informative. I decided on a 2011 FZ1 I found as a holdover. Got a decent price on it, and I know the ergos will work for me. I was never going to track the bike so the CBR was probably a bit extreme for my needs. I really have enjoyed my FZ6R, great bike to learn on, and still is a great bike for the price. The insurance on the FZ1 was more than twice as cheap as a CBR1000RR. I suppose because the CBR is a full on sport bike.

BoneJj

Well thank you all for your posts, very informative. I decided on a 2011 FZ1 I found as a holdover. Got a decent price on it, and I know the ergos will work for me. I was never going to track the bike so the CBR was probably a bit extreme for my needs. I really have enjoyed my FZ6R, great bike to learn on, and still is a great bike for the price. The insurance on the FZ1 was more than twice as cheap as a CBR1000RR. I suppose because the CBR is a full on sport bike.
did you ever look at the CB1000R? it's a newer bike but it's kind of styled like the FZ1 in a way.

but seeing as you have the FZ1 it should be a great bike for you regardless anyway. Good luck and stay safe man.

ndfz6r

did you ever look at the CB1000R? it's a newer bike but it's kind of styled like the FZ1 in a way.

but seeing as you have the FZ1 it should be a great bike for you regardless anyway. Good luck and stay safe man.
I was originally looking at an 08 CBR1000RR. That's kinda what got the thread started, that or a CBR600. I liked them a lot, but I think a true race replica would just have been a bit extreme for my lifestyle. Plus the roads are mostly flat and straight around here:mad:

Brock Kickass

CB1000R and CBR1000RR are different bikes. I looked at the CB when I was looking at my FZ1. I really liked the naked look of the Honda, but as soon as I found out I caould make the Yamaha naked the Honda was out. It was more $$ and less HP than the FZ1. Cool package overall, nice look and good features, but it wasn't worth more than an FZ1 to me.

BoneJj

I was originally looking at an 08 CBR1000RR. That's kinda what got the thread started, that or a CBR600. I liked them a lot, but I think a true race replica would just have been a bit extreme for my lifestyle. Plus the roads are mostly flat and straight around here:mad:
jacob beat me to it but yes, the CB1000R is a completely different bike than the CBR1000RR

Basically it's the honda version of the kawi Ninja 1000