CBR600RR at 41

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzi6ergal

I personally find the GIXXERS to be a little more comfortable than the Yamaha's and the Honda's. I rode an R1 when the Yamaha team came to my town and I'll tell you what, the riding position wasn't that bad but my hands/wrists hurt the crap out of me after my 12 mile ride. Are R1's made for bigger people? I'm 5'8 and it felt like I was sitting more on my hands than on my a$$. But Gixxers are where it's at. I don't know what it is about them, maybe their handlebars are a tad bit higher than the others, but the seating, the grips... just the all around feel seems more comfortable. The R6, the seat is way too wide for my legs(same thing with the R1). But that's why I love my fz6r.
I did try the Ducati Monster 1100s. That's a FUN bike. And it was surprisingly very comfortable too. I just couldn't stand the dry clutch sound. Felt like the bike was going to break from underneath me.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

yes, go for it. long as you get a decent deal, if you find it not meeting your needs, then you can always resell and not cry over the $.

ive had duc's, GSXR's and now in 40's can not stand much seat time on my zx-10, however nothing fills my need for speed as much taking a (very) quick ride on it!

06330i

From what I've read, newe-er gsxr's have the best ergos. Honda/Kawa in between, yamaha with the most agressive (specifically on the r6)

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

applejax

I personally find the GIXXERS to be a little more comfortable than the Yamaha's and the Honda's. I rode an R1 when the Yamaha team came to my town and I'll tell you what, the riding position wasn't that bad but my hands/wrists hurt the crap out of me after my 12 mile ride. Are R1's made for bigger people? I'm 5'8 and it felt like I was sitting more on my hands than on my a$$. But Gixxers are where it's at. I don't know what it is about them, maybe their handlebars are a tad bit higher than the others, but the seating, the grips... just the all around feel seems more comfortable. The R6, the seat is way too wide for my legs(same thing with the R1). But that's why I love my fz6r.
I did try the Ducati Monster 1100s. That's a FUN bike. And it was surprisingly very comfortable too. I just couldn't stand the dry clutch sound. Felt like the bike was going to break from underneath me.
Might have been sitting a lil to close to the tank/arms not bent enough.

If insurance wasn't a killer, I'd seriously look into an R1. I Felt more comfy on that bike than the fz6r in stock form.

danieljardim

While I commend EsrTek's logic and self discipline, I went the Marthy route, I just had to know what it was like! BTW, full coverage insurance for me was FZ6R=$300, GSXR600=$600, GSXR1000=$1400 (wtf! makes no sense).
Put the Ninja name on a bike and you will see your insurance go to the 2k tier.

Fizzi6ergal

Might have been sitting a lil to close to the tank/arms not bent enough.QUOTE]

I probably was. the R1 isn't made for me. I think cause it had such a large spread from the seat to the handlebars that I had to sit so close to the tank. I could tell that my ars wasn't nearly as close to the rear of the seat as it should be.

BoneJj

Might have been sitting a lil to close to the tank/arms not bent enough.QUOTE]

I probably was. the R1 isn't made for me. I think cause it had such a large spread from the seat to the handlebars that I had to sit so close to the tank. I could tell that my ars wasn't nearly as close to the rear of the seat as it should be.
I personally find the ergos of the R1 to be outstanding but then again I'm 6' So that might be it. The handle bars are extremely comfortable to me and the rest of the bike, including seat are just nice, though I wouldn't mind a little flatter angle on the seat.

I also prefer to sit up close the tank as it helps me to get a nice stable and rigid stance with the bike which when I ride the R1 I'm typically riding hard and like to be as much of one with the bike as possible. It allows me to just get it done right.

I might consider it differently though if I didn't have my gut but I do so I do what I do.... LOL.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Alex6

Interesting topic as many FZ6R riders are looking for an upgrade.

It seems like the GSX-R600/750 have the better ergos and are more street-friendy than their counterparts among Big 4. Also, newest Ninja ZX-6R 636 is also mentioned as a good street ride due to the improved mid-range, but the Ninja has the most aggressive forward lean among the Big 4.

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Alex6

I'm leaning toward the Ninja 1000 when I upgrade. Very similar to an FZ1 but fully faired. Good on the street and track and not too expensive.
A very popular choice here. I checked with my Insurance agent - premium cost for Ninja 1K was 3x more than FZ1 due to the classification. BTW, FZ1 has more Hp than Ninja.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

You can get full fairings out of Europe for your FZ1. They look great. I've never priced them, but I can just imagine. Still, the insurance savings alone over a Ninja might pay for the fairings faster than you think!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member