Can't break 100mph

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

marc and others, that's good if you have self control not to push the limits, especially if you have kids. think at some point most bikers will try to see what theirs will do, hopefully not at the wrong time.

I held an older CBR600 wide open for a while, speedo said 150 (keep in mind bike speedos might have an error showing slightly more than actual), while a riding bud on a GSXR1100 warped by with an indicated 165 = that was a rush!

years later I wasn't really trying a top speed run, just saw a clear spot and time so dropped a couple gears and ran a GSXR1000 up to 170. didn't even realize it until looked down and was surprised the roll-on speed from highway cruising was that quick, and at that speed it was still very smooth.

not sure if it's still law, manufacturers had to limit busa's & ZX's to 186mph stock, of course there's ways to bypass the settings

DragonBlu

I'm going to be the counterpoint and say, Marc, don't go that fast if u feel it's not safe. Follow your instincts and ride safely.

If down the road u find a safe environment and know u can safely go that fast, then do it then.

Fear is a natural instinct for self preservation. Listen to it, but don't let it control you either. Good common sense overrides all things, imo..

That being said, I won't incriminate myself on on how fast I've gone on public roads... Hehe :)
Exactly almost word for word what I was thinking. If it don't feel good,:D don't do it!:(

iSpoolin

Just remember these famous words:

"Faster, Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"

Honestly I think the what if's too, but I enjoy speed, and I believe if its my time to go i'm gonna go, weather its when i'm doing 100+ on a bike or 100+ in a car or whatever.

I've had my car to 170 MPH, and I had the FZ at 134, and I've had the Daytona at 150. I don't do it on a daily basis or anything but it is fun.

kevin8198

Elite Member

Spunky99

I got mine up to 120 so far, just have to wonder if that is about 112 in reality. So if the bike tops at 136 or so max, must be about 127 in reality. I hate that the speedo is always over by 5-7 mph.
+1 in the front corrects the speedo and if you do the exhaust and PCV, this bike will do about 135.

Rookasaki

+1 in the front corrects the speedo and if you do the exhaust and PCV, this bike will do about 135.
My bike: TBR full exhaust, k&n filter and a PCV... I changed the rear sprocket so my speed is correct. I hit 129 in 5th gear at redline. Had to shut down due to on coming vehicles. I think mid 130's is possible.

Spunky99

I got mine up to 120 so far, just have to wonder if that is about 112 in reality. So if the bike tops at 136 or so max, must be about 127 in reality. I hate that the speedo is always over by 5-7 mph.

JSP

Super Moderator
At what point does the R6 start slowing down....?
When you let off the throttle.... :eek::thumbup:

It will get up to that speed real quick, then you are just kinda out of rpms... It will hit super fast 150 then you gotta work a little for the rest but not much. It wont do much anything over 170. Some people put out vids of them showing 180+ mph but they have different sprockets so the speedo is way off...

Chucker

In Ontario, the street racing law kicks in at 150 km/h on the highway. That's 93 MPH in a 62 MPH zone. 50 km/h is only 31 MPH. The penalty is fierce.

Increases fines for street racers and aggressive drivers, including those who drive 50 km/h or more over the posted speed limit, to $10,000 and allows police to immediately suspend the driver’s licence and impound the vehicle for seven days;

The legislation includes tough measures for those who choose to race on Ontario’s roads, including higher fines and longer suspensions:

• The maximum fine increases from $1,000 to $10,000 upon conviction for street racing, making it the highest penalty in Canada. The minimum fine increases from $200 to $2,000.
  • Police can issue an immediate seven-day driver’s licence suspension and seven-day vehicle impoundment for street racing, participating in a driving contest or stunt driving.
  • Courts can impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction, if the second conviction occurs within 10 years of the first. For a first conviction, the maximum licence suspension period remains at 2 years.
  • The definition of a “driving stunt” includes driving a motor vehicle at 50 km/h or more above the posted speed limit.
  • The Act also bans driving a motor vehicle on a highway with a connected nitrous oxide system. Some street racers use nitrous oxide to enhance the acceleration capabilities of their vehicles.

Needless to say, I try to avoid going 31 MPH + over the limit. Been to 200KPH for a few seconds a couple of times, but rarely get over 150KPH.

Spunky99

Willow springs is only $110.00 for track days on weekends.
Tape up your mirrors and lights and pull the fuses from the lights and tail lights.
Use water wetter and go have fun.
You will max out the bike speed on the straight and not worry about cross traffic. No tickets or cops and no deer jumping in front of you.

Safety Gear Requirements

Back Protector: YES
Boots: High Top
Gloves: Leather
Helmet: Full face
Riding Suit: One- or two-piece full zip leathers. Aerostitch acceptable-must zip together if two-piece

Bike Preparation Requirements

New or near new tires are a must! If in doubt, buy a new set. Tires are available for purchase from a vender at the track.

Wheel weights MUST be taped down.

Mirrors must be removed (Or taped).

Make sure all breakable lights, blinkers, tail, reflectors are taped completely.

Tape over the speedometer or disconnect it.

Brake light and headlight must be disabled (remove fuse or bulbs).

Make sure your exhaust mounting and bodywork is secure.

Safety wiring recommended, but not required.

Suggestion: Coolant should be drained and replaced with Water/waterwetter mix (this actually makes your bike run cooler).

Also take the time to go over your bike before the event, take off the bodywork and make sure everything is in order, wipe up any old oil or chain lube from your motor and body work and make sure there are NO leaking fluids. Make sure your engine oil and brake fluid is at proper level and your brakes are in proper working condition (you're gonna need them). Check that your tires are in good condition and your oil filter and drain plug are TIGHT! Securing your filter with a hose clamp and safety wire is good peace of mind.

Rider Requirements

Bring Your Buddy: You should always bring a buddy who's licensed to drive with you.. best case is you convince your buddy to drive home.
Food: You should bring plenty of snacks **The Track's Snack Bar is typically available
Drinks: Water, Sports Drinks, etc.. Bring plenty to keep hydrated **The Track's Snack Bar is typically available
Fuel: Don't be the rider that runs out of gas! **Pay-at-the-Pump is also available at the track
Canopy: Most places we ride don't provide shade. Its a good idea to bring a canopy
Chairs: You've got to have a place to sit between sessions.

Medical insurance (this is for your benefit)

It is also a good idea to keep a card on your person not only at a TrackDaZ event, but at all times with the following information listed on it:

• Name
• Address
• Phone Number
• Blood Type
• Any medication you are allergic to
• Emergency contact person with phone number

Y

yellowfz

120 is as fast as I have had it up to for a few miles , like someone else said I trust the bike and what it was designed for .
My wife and I were on a ride one Saturday , I took it up to 110 and she said your crazy (headsets) , I said "come on try it" , be darn she got her VStar 650 up to 100 . Said see it is fun isn't it , she said "yeah" . This was on a straight open road and not a car in sight for several miles .
Disclaimer : If you do not feel like riding that fast don't , do not feel ashamed , rookies should not attempt .

Last edited by a moderator:

motoguy82

I know if I posted this it would be for encouragement. Quit being a pussy and twist the right wrist for a few more seconds. Then you can say you've had it over 100. Pick a good spot (scout it out, make sure it's straight, during the day, tuck behind the screen, etc.). Since you'll probably spend about 5 seconds over 100, I wouldn't sweat it. Let us know how it turns out. HA!

erionalite

First, I am making the following assumptions :

You have not ridden a sport bike before, or are learning.
You have ridden some, but not aggressive to the limit of your bike.

If the above are not true, then ignore the following comment. I might be wrong, and welcome you guys to correct me.

1. First if you are in these thought patterns, I wonder how much you know about the condition of your bike. Maybe reading about what your bike can do it will give you a piece of mind. Tire resistance, pressure. Chain condition.

2. It is easy to go fast straight, but to take corners , now that's over 80% of accidents.

You should be afraid if you don't know the answers to these questions :

Are you lubing the chain after 400 miles ?

Do you know what the tire pressure is on your tires ? Now, don't think . No checking the user manual.

Are you deciding what your line is on a turn ?

Are you using your breaking while cornering ?

Do you have, or are working on building your technique?

What keeps you safe is your technique not how fast you go.

stormbringer

I think the best advice so far is keep it on the track,I've tested all my bikes to there top speed the highest being my Blackbird .
The XJ6 toped out at an indicated 137mph.
I think all ridders think about what may happen its a built in safety device.
I have 6 kids and 3 grandchildren so I'm allways aware of what could happen .
I have many near misses every day on my comute into London .
Over hear in Engalnd we can do track days with no taping up of lights etc.
This was the new Snetterton 300 track .
Give it a go you'll love it.
John

fz6rwolf

went up past 120mph once, that was enough. Just to say to myself I could. Wasn't really scared at that speed, just no reason to go that fast and can't afford that ticket lol.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

fz6r marc

108 today !!!

Yeah bitches!!! :D. I know, I know.... Not breaking any speed records, however, I figured enough of you did it on this same bike so I gave it a go. I got to say it is a rush. Hope my addictive personality does not kick in.

Rookasaki

Yeah bitches!!! :D. I know, I know.... Not breaking any speed records, however, I figured enough of you did it on this same bike so I gave it a go. I got to say it is a rush. Hope my addictive personality does not kick in.
:rockon::thumbup: see not so bad huh?