Can't break 100mph

Fenixgoon

if the weather over the weekend is nice, i WILL be hitting the local drag strip to pull a 1/4 mile. will make sure to capture a vid for you guys :)

dcBear78

Went for a ride today with a mate (Kawasaki Z1000) to a little seaside town not far away. Once off the main road we cruised at about 150-160kph (around 100mph) for a good half hour or so. At one stage we opened up a bit more, I got to 200kph but the roads really were not suitable for that speed.

Time and place for everything.

Proof of this is while riding these types of speeds, mostly on the return trip after surveying the road on the way there. We encountered one police officer with hand held laser, one stationary speed camera and had one on-coming police vehicle (equipped with speed radars). None of these were there on the trip there so we were not aware of their locations. But going at high speeds where they were, wouldn't have been safe (or smart) so we were at the speed limit.

iSpoolin

Yeah bitches!!! :D. I know, I know.... Not breaking any speed records, however, I figured enough of you did it on this same bike so I gave it a go. I got to say it is a rush. Hope my addictive personality does not kick in.
Nowhere near bad now was it? The real thrill doesn't kick in until you take a curve that fast :cool:

JSP

Super Moderator

iSpoolin

:eek:
No way I can see taking a curve at that speed:eek:
You'll get to the point where you feel the need. Trust me, I never imagined going through turns that fast, but i've had the FZ at turns moving at 120. A few at 130-140 on the Daytona. Its scary, but goddamn it feels good when you come out of that lean!

Skidro

I probably touch a 100mph on a daily basis, and been in two motorcycle wrecks, but I'm pushing 50 & I've lost a lot of friends & family members in my life that passed away from just about anything & everything except from a motorcycle wreck. I do believe there is a time & place that i will leave this earth, might be from a motorcycle wreck & might not, we'll just have to wait & see.

With that said

I understand those of you that have concerns about riding at a high rate of speed, it is more about enjoing your ride than about riding fast or wreckless.

And i do hate to hear of motorcycle wrecks, was told this morning that two guys were killed yesterday within 30 miles of me.

Been over 100 MPH once while in Florida. Wasn't thinking about anything but enjoying the ride. Got a wife and 3 kids also.....

pt jen

I have only been riding a little while but I decided to race my husband over the weekend and got it up to 105. It was very exciting but then the thoughts started coming. Definitely alot more exciting than racing in a car.:eek:

CDN6R

Back in 1986 when I had my 1st GSXR 750,,I had it up to 220 KMH (140 MPH) on a long straight. There was still some throttle left but when I glanced down at the road and saw how fast I was REALLY going,that is how fast the road was flying by me,,I backed off. I never did that again,,that was fast enough for me. Anyone can go fast in a straight line,,and the fastest I have gone on my 6R is 90 MPH. I no longer feel the need for speed and taking corners tight and fast. I just do not have the nerve like I used to and drag a knee like I did on my GIXXERS. Now I just like to cruise along 65 MPH on the highway,,cars passing me and taking time to smell the roses. Ride within your own limits/boundries and you will be fine. Don't let anyone talk you into going fast if you do not want to. Laurie

If you ride in California, you usually keep a steady 80mph!

If you ride in California, you usually keep a steady 80mph!
Or you get ran over! lol
I reach 120mph on the daily!
I will only go up to 130 on the freeway;
Our bikes are stable at 130.
After you open the bike up that fast,
the bike wont want to go less then 90 lol

Ride fast or stay home! :thumbup: