Anti-Theft Alarm

Do you have an alarm system on your motorcycle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • No...and have no desire to get one

Votes: 99 38.5%
  • No...and want to get one someday

Votes: 124 48.2%

• Total voters

MikeN02

Just got a Gorilla 7017 Alarm with two way transmitter. Just hope it doesn't die out early on me. I feel so unsecured leaving her in the parking lot or outside at night. I live in a pretty high amount of crime neighborhood, and I also don't have her protected under anything such as a garage, carport or porch. Just a bike cover.

Didn't help either that my friend's CBR got stolen in the parking lot while we worked. He found it though, couple weeks later in Miami (live in Orlando).
Since then I've always been paranoid of my own bikes.

dannymac702

Have not felt the need for an alarm so far. Garaged at home, within view of security shack at work. For helmet I use a dog "choke chain" available at pet stores. Get one long enough that, with helmet on passenger seat, it can go thru faceshield area, passerger grab bar and back to a small but sturdy padlock. Fast ,easy and secure!

JonKerr

Elite Member

pyrocpu

Wow. Simply wow. I'm also super surprised that a parent in this day & age actually... well... parented!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Spunky99

i have the gorilla system as well.....an alarm system is a must for bikes. Its part of a layered defense.
I park at work and we have surveillance cams everywhere and I can see the bike from my desk. I park in a single car locked garage and share the space with my Tacoma 4X4.
For the times I take the bike out and park in parking lots while I eat lunch, I try to park where I can see it. That being said, I feel the need for an alarm.

I guess I'll get the Gorilla 7017 system with a disk lock as soon as I have the $$ unless there is a better choice out there.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Spunky99

Mart Man FZ6R

Really? Do you have a car insured with them as well? 'cause I got a quote and it was like 4 grand or something ridiculous, Progressive quoted me $1700 for 12 months with full coverage...needless to say I'm likely purchasing a policy soon.
Man That's crazy. I live in CA, and I pay under $400 yr. through Foremost. Get free roadside with the policy too. I am married with 30+ years motorcycle license and clean record.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ajkewler

Man That's crazy. I live in CA, and I pay under $400 yr. through Foremost. Get free roadside with the policy too. I am married with 30+ years motorcycle license and clean record.
Progressive quoted me 2400 a year for my bike, I stayed with my old insurance company until I went into AAA to renew the dmv stuff and they offered me a quote for my bike. I agreed just for shits and giggles thinking it will be around 2-3 grand and the lady said its only 660 a year. I'm now insured by AAA, I like their service better anyways.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

MikeN02

I have to say I really love my alarm, it keeps my heart at ease. My bike is the only thing I have at the moment and my first vehicle that I've bought brand new.

I work as a server and park my motorcycle on the side walk in front of my work, and a couple nights ago there was a big party outside with 3 little kids of course.

Parent's don't really tell the kids to respect other people's property nowdays and turn a blind eye to everything and so when my alarm went off I went outside and I saw them looking at my bike and I turned to locked my alarm off.

One of the idiots turned to look at me and said, "Oh... is that your bike?". Seriously? If it's parked outside the store and is in a new condition, you really think it wouldn't be owned by someone?

So I just gave him the "look" and went back inside. Alarm never went off again.

Spunky99

Just ordered the Gorilla 7017.
2 wire install....keep it simple.

Remote start won't work with the forks locked or the bike in gear.
Remote kill sounds good until the alarm decides to have a bad day and you get stuck.

I want noise if someone disturbs my bike and a pager to tell me. Then I can do something about it. Anything more than that...

arkkornkid

I work as a server and park my motorcycle on the side walk in front of my work, and a couple nights ago there was a big party outside with 3 little kids of course.

Parent's don't really tell the kids to respect other people's property nowdays and turn a blind eye to everything and so when my alarm went off I went outside and I saw them looking at my bike and I turned to locked my alarm off.

One of the idiots turned to look at me and said, "Oh... is that your bike?". Seriously? If it's parked outside the store and is in a new condition, you really think it wouldn't be owned by someone?

So I just gave him the "look" and went back inside. Alarm never went off again.
That's when you respond with "It doesn't matter who the F^(k it belongs to, it's not yours is it?"

A guy at work sat on my bike and when I came up to him the conversation went like this:

me: are you sucking my D!(k tonite?
him: what?
me: you must be volunteering if you're stupid enough to sit on my bike
him: you must be talking about your boyfriend or something I ain't like that

he didn't get the hint obviously, so I made a point that at the end of his shift I was having a discussion with other employees while I was sitting on the hood of his truck. He tried to cop an attitude and that's when I clued him in on his dumbassity.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! :rof: Tit for tat :rant:

Roaddawg

he didn't get the hint obviously, so I made a point that at the end of his shift I was having a discussion with other employees while I was sitting on the hood of his truck. He tried to cop an attitude and that's when I clued him in on his dumbassity.
Nice! :p I hate parking my bike in a public parking lot. I'm waiting for the day someone is sitting on my bike and I catch them. I'll go do what you did....go sit on their car like it's no big deal. What's wrong with people?!?

JonKerr

Elite Member