Accent LED Lights

Deathdiesel

Looks like for that price they are only selling you ONE led

"We take a 4-chip superflux LED and glue it into a tiny waterproof housing. There's a built in resistor, and a foot of wire."
As long as its as bright as their showing wont it not matter? Or was there some other place thats better to buy the LEDs?

BoneJj

I tried to re post them for you. They are posting as images instead of thumbnails, don't know why that is. Did you really need to use the word retarded? Unnecessary.
IDK what's up with them, are the original images just that small? Maybe the forum is re-sizing your images for some reason and making them so small that they are thumbnails.

Sounds like they need to redo their counters and rebuild the database so that it wont make these mistakes anymore.

As for retarded, I was just referring to the fact that the forum is screwing this up in whacked out way. Do you have a family member that suffers from a mental ailment and the word retard irks you or something?

BoneJj

Eh? Im looking at lighting for my bike as well at some point, didnt know there was a different type of lighting.

What would you need to get them working? I did a google search and came up with these, would all you need is a driver or controller of voltage then?

12V LED - Pre-wired Waterproof SuperFlux LEDs
The price for those seems stupid cheap, how can it be that cheap?
Those are way overpriced...

I could make you something like that myself for less than a dollar each... lol. I personally prefer to put 3-9 of them in a small acrylic casing so that you get some serious light from each pack. I could easily plasti dip single units though and make what they are selling for less than a dollar a piece though. You can buy the LEDs themselves at 40 cents or less a piece, superflux aren't as cheap as other LEDs (name brand i mean, I don't bother with off brands). Add a resister to each one at a few pennies more and you'll have a serious bright light wherever you want it. I prefer to run them in series as you don't eat power for no reason.

By running LEDs one at time you essentially are eating power for no real reason. Keep in mind that the resister on a single LED will have to dump whatever power that you don't want the LED to get from a 14v system.

A superflux LED typically runs at 2.5-3.0 volts so you have to have a resister connected to a single LED that will dump the remaining volts (in the forum of heat, that's what resistors do). So you will be blowing say 11+ volts of power at a rate of as much as 60mA (milliamp), that's a lot of power just dumped for no reason IMO.

Run 3 in series and you get better results and less total power dumped, you don't want to exceed 3 as then your resistor value would be too small and that could cause problems in the end.

cpd6l42

IDK what's up with them, are the original images just that small? Maybe the forum is re-sizing your images for some reason and making them so small that they are thumbnails.

Sounds like they need to redo their counters and rebuild the database so that it wont make these mistakes anymore.

As for retarded, I was just referring to the fact that the forum is screwing this up in whacked out way. Do you have a family member that suffers from a mental ailment and the word retard irks you or something?
It is just one of those words, like many, that doesn't need to be used. It is a derogatory word and shouldn't be used. Both my Daughter and her Fiance work with mentally and physically disabled children and adults and it is a word that they never use.

Just like most "swear" words, racist words, and derogatory words can be hurtful, the r-word to me ranks up there next to the one YOU find most hurtful and offensive.

Why does it hurt? The R-word hurts because it is exclusive. It’s offensive. It’s derogatory. The R-word is hate speech. See why supporters think the R-Word is hurtful when used in jokes or as part of everyday speech."

Click on the following link or type or copy and paste it into the address bar and read some of the stories.

R-word | Spread the Word to End the Word

Have a good day. Kevin

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

applejax

It is just one of those words, like many, that doesn't need to be used. It is a derogatory word and shouldn't be used. Both my Daughter and her Fiance work with mentally and physically disabled children and adults and it is a word that they never use.

Just like most "swear" words, racist words, and derogatory words can be hurtful, the r-word to me ranks up there next to the one YOU find most hurtful and offensive.

Why does it hurt? The R-word hurts because it is exclusive. It’s offensive. It’s derogatory. The R-word is hate speech. See why supporters think the R-Word is hurtful when used in jokes or as part of everyday speech."

Click on the following link or type or copy and paste it into the address bar and read some of the stories.

R-word | Spread the Word to End the Word

Have a good day. Kevin
I don't see any word as being "derogatory", but thats just my opinion. I believe in freedom of speech. If you want to call me a dirty guinea, you are more than welcome to. I won't take offense to that. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, we just see things at a different level.

It's hard to find "words" that some group on this planet won't find offensive in some way.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Good point! but once again :backtotopic::backtotopic::backtotopic::backtotopic::backtotopic:

So anybody install lights lightly? or have pics of the superflux in action?
It seems he has a bit of a strong opinion on that one, good for him. I'm not that concerned about it though.

Regardless:

did you mean "lights lately". I need to get on my other project but I ran into a major problem with fixing one of my brothers computers. It's been fixed too many times the wrong way and I think the chip is just past cooked. So now I have to see if I can find the same chip elsewhere for a few bucks and slap it into there...

anyway, Once I iron that out a little more I'll be fixing a few more things with my LED systems.

wby0001

You'll have to look it up by state. In PA for example, it is legal to ride with any color, as long as they are not strobing. They very by state so looking it up for your state is the best way to find out. When you find it, print out the section and carry it with you. If a cop gives you a hard time, you have the law right on your bike.
I found this website with links to laws regarding automotive vehicles (including motorcycles) for most of the 50 states.

Motorcycle lighting laws Wyked Illuzionz Frederick Maryland

For Alabama, I believe I found as detailed as it get's regarding all motor vehicles in...

Chapter 5 REGULATION OF OPERATION OF MOTOR VEHICLES, ETC., GENERALLY

Section 32-5-241 Additional permissible lights on vehicles.

(1) Any lighted lamp or illuminated device upon a motor vehicle other than head lamps, spot lamps, auxiliary lamps, or flashing front direction signals which projects a beam of light of an intensity greater than 300 candlepower shall be so directed that no part of the beam will strike the level of the roadway on which the vehicle stands at a distance of more than 75 feet from the vehicle.

(2) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lamp or device thereon displaying a red light visible from directly in front of the center thereof. This section shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles.

(3) Any vehicle may be equipped with flashing lamps which may be used for the purpose of warning the operators of other vehicles of the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring the exercise of unusual care in approaching, overtaking, or passing, and when so equipped may display such warning in addition to any other warning signals required by this section. The lamps used to display such warning to the front shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and shall display simultaneously flashing white or amber lights, or any shade of color between white and amber.

BoneJj

I found this website with links to laws regarding automotive vehicles (including motorcycles) for most of the 50 states.

Motorcycle lighting laws Wyked Illuzionz Frederick Maryland

For Alabama, I believe I found as detailed as it get's regarding all motor vehicles in...

Chapter 5 REGULATION OF OPERATION OF MOTOR VEHICLES, ETC., GENERALLY

Section 32-5-241 Additional permissible lights on vehicles.

(1) Any lighted lamp or illuminated device upon a motor vehicle other than head lamps, spot lamps, auxiliary lamps, or flashing front direction signals which projects a beam of light of an intensity greater than 300 candlepower shall be so directed that no part of the beam will strike the level of the roadway on which the vehicle stands at a distance of more than 75 feet from the vehicle.

(2) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lamp or device thereon displaying a red light visible from directly in front of the center thereof. This section shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles.

(3) Any vehicle may be equipped with flashing lamps which may be used for the purpose of warning the operators of other vehicles of the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring the exercise of unusual care in approaching, overtaking, or passing, and when so equipped may display such warning in addition to any other warning signals required by this section. The lamps used to display such warning to the front shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and shall display simultaneously flashing white or amber lights, or any shade of color between white and amber.
I'll have to see if I can find something like this for florida.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

krzysiopl

Here are my underbody light...pictures don't do the justice, looks brighter in person. Hyper White LED bars that I bought from autozone.

Sent from my Rubix ICS 5.2 on MT4GS

krzysiopl

DubiousDrummer

So I installed my LEDs a little while back. This is the only picture that turned out decently. They are run through a switch which is hidden in the handlebar area.

EDIT: New link. Old one wasn't working.

Last edited:

Nyuu

Yall think green LED will look good on the white FZ6R? I plan on removing the decals. Maybe doing some black on the fairings. Will it look good with green LED?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MustGoFaster

Quick question for all you cats back in the Midwest. I'm movin' back in the next 2 months, and I've got amber LED's to match the orange/copper finish. They're legal out here in the Zona, but I was curious as to the legality of them back in the land of Illinois Nazis. Researched it for a good 15 minutes but couldn't find anything. Anyone have any leads? Please and thank you! :D

P.S. I'll post pics later on. :cool:

Nyuu

Quick question for all you cats back in the Midwest. I'm movin' back in the next 2 months, and I've got amber LED's to match the orange/copper finish. They're legal out here in the Zona, but I was curious as to the legality of them back in the land of Illinois Nazis. Researched it for a good 15 minutes but couldn't find anything. Anyone have any leads? Please and thank you! :D

P.S. I'll post pics later on. :cool:
Probably won't help you but it's legal in Missouri. And technically, all of the colors of the rainbow are legal in Missouri, as long as you call them Accent LEDs.

"Accent LEDs" does not equal "Auxillary Lamps" ;)

MustGoFaster

D'oh, didn't see the link at the top of the page there. Nothin' for Illinois, eh? Hmmmm.... :confused: Guess I'll keep diggin'...