Accent LED Lights

wby0001

i searched but didn't find anything but maybe i missed it. has anyone ever done a "how to" thread on lighting? mainly just the wiring into the battery is the only part i'm hesitant about. i'm guessing you have to disconnect the battery first? and i saw on one lighting kit instructions that it recommended using some sort of circuit support to attach the battery to while it's disconnected so nothing electronic gets damaged?

wby0001

came across this and thought it might help someone else thinking about doing electrical work. not sure if anyone has done something like this for the FZ6R especially, but the first part looks rather universal.

Wiring a Relay for Accessories

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

So yesterday I was in friends a driveway I was already mounted an geared up (ATGATT) and they asked me to show them my LED lights before I left so I turned them on anyhow for whatever reason conversation side tracked thereafter I say my good buys and drove off without noticing that I did not turn off my lights. They are bright high intensity RED by the way.

So 20 miles and 2 major highways later I got home and realized that I had failed to turn them off.
I'm just glad I did not get a ticket. So moral of the story is don’t be an idot like me and turn them off while riding or even mounted at that.
Mount an extra LED near your switch or if your switch is away from your handle bars run an LED from the switch to the bars/cluster area that will shine on your face when you get on, that way you will not have this issue again.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

So that I can refer everyone here instead of answering the same question over and over again.

I got 90% of my LED lights on Ebay for a few bucks got various types and stiles for dif purpose / locations. Very cheap

I did go and buy a set of two high intensity strips from pep boys for $40 ouch but the illuminate the road like crazy extremely happy with them all of the eBay LED's do not compare.

so in summary: you get what you pay for.
ebay LEDs very lousy when it comes to quality...

Go to dgikey or mouser and order name brand LEDs in the future.

wby0001

So yesterday I was in friends a driveway I was already mounted an geared up (ATGATT) and they asked me to show them my LED lights before I left so I turned them on anyhow for whatever reason conversation side tracked thereafter I say my good buys and drove off without noticing that I did not turn off my lights. They are bright high intensity RED by the way.

So 20 miles and 2 major highways later I got home and realized that I had failed to turn them off.
I'm just glad I did not get a ticket. So moral of the story is don’t be an idot like me and turn them off while riding or even mounted at that.
any positions/colors that are legal to ride around with on? pretty sure this has been discussed like a hundred times but i'm not sure i've seen your take on the matter.

i thought about putting some in the "air intake holes" next to the windshield, or maybe some on the edges of the backs of the fairings. all of which you would not be able to see the LED bulbs but just the light that'd reflect off the bike.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Just about any color and any position is more than likely illegal in most states. although I have thought about adding some of those LED's into extra signals. that should be legal if they are the same color (orange) as the stock turn signals.

Adding LED's in the fake air intakes is my next addition of LED lights.

If had enough people ask me about the Lights that I though id post a vid so you can see all my lights and their locations

2012 FZ6R LED ACCENT LIGHTS - YouTube
I hope you enjoy the background music as much as I did. lmfao

It's a pretty decent setup but I think you could have done better with some well placed superflux. They put out nearly 3-4 times the light of a standard LED.

BoneJj

Keep in mind I am an amateur.. lol but I will look into the superflux not familiar with these

thanks
It would require building your own power supply and also making some small clear housings but it's all rather easily done and would result in some pretty cool results.

Last edited:

cpd6l42

FZRblack....Thanks for sharing... looks good. the only place I felt was missing are the two non functional air inlets by the headlight. If I place lights in there they will now be functional. haha

I like what you did with the extra camouflage turn signals on yours. sweet!
Do you mean like this? and I put the switches in the "DASH" and added a third for future lights. I was going to add driving lights down on the forks, but I have put the bike up for sale. And not that they are accessory lights but the license plate lights are individual LED's that screw right through the plate.
BIKE is FOR SALE if anyone is looking or knows someone who is. See my post under Bikes for sale. Give me a call at 708-743-5480 if interested. Thanks, Kevin

Attachments

BoneJj

WTH: I cant click the last 2 images in your post.... Retarded....

cpd6l42

WTH: I cant click the last 2 images in your post.... Retarded....
I tried to re post them for you. They are posting as images instead of thumbnails, don't know why that is. Did you really need to use the word retarded? Unnecessary.

Attachments

Last edited:

Deathdiesel

It's a pretty decent setup but I think you could have done better with some well placed superflux. They put out nearly 3-4 times the light of a standard LED.
Eh? Im looking at lighting for my bike as well at some point, didnt know there was a different type of lighting.

What would you need to get them working? I did a google search and came up with these, would all you need is a driver or controller of voltage then?

12V LED - Pre-wired Waterproof SuperFlux LEDs
The price for those seems stupid cheap, how can it be that cheap?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member