2014 fz6r tubed tire

boostaholic2006

hi, I decided to change my tires, and while I was removing my rear tire, i noticed it had a tube in it.. is that normal? I thought these bikes didn't need a tubular tire? The tires I bought didn't come with tubes, I shouldn't need to use it should i? Its a 2014 fz6r
any help is appreciated.

thankss

buzzbomb

Elite Member

boostaholic2006

Yeah its pretty strange, I can't imagine why there was a tube in it. (unless the rim is damaged??) . Its a battle axe tire. But even that says tubeless. I called a local dealer to make sure and they re-assured me that it doesn't need a tube. Its my first tire change and man is it a pain lol. Thanks for the quick reply, the new tires i'm installing are the metzeler sportech m3.

DragonBlu

Check the rim carefully for a nick or dent where the tire seals. Maybe look inside the old tire for a patch or hole. There may be a reason someone put that tube in besides not being aware it didn't need one. I worked in tires for years. Good luck!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

boostaholic2006

I bought it used, it was a really good deal on craigslist. Hopefully i'll have it on tomorrow and then i'll know if there's any further damage. keeping my fingers crossed but my money is on there being something else to this story.

Thanks for the replies.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member