2009 FZ6R-Tastefully Modded - $5500

CrazyCawi

I understand your logic but we shall see how the cookie crumbles.

CrazyCawi

I truly want a ducati so if this doesnt work Im going to wait for the right ducati to grace me with its presence. the panigale 699 should be coming next year too....which will hopefully help the 848 evo pricing become more affordable on used ones.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Tsk, tsk. You Ducati guys are almost as bad as Harley guys. Nearly every review (except for one where they admit the only thing the Duc had over the Triumph was looks) rated the Daytona 675R higher than the 848 Evo Corsa SE. Not to mention it's cheaper. You'd be paying more money for a worse bike. :rolleyes:

Do whatever makes you happy, I guess...
Totally agree with you... ;)

CrazyCawi

Tsk, tsk. You Ducati guys are almost as bad as Harley guys. Nearly every review (except for one where they admit the only thing the Duc had over the Triumph was looks) rated the Daytona 675R higher than the 848 Evo Corsa SE. Not to mention it's cheaper. You'd be paying more money for a worse bike. :rolleyes:

Do whatever makes you happy, I guess...
I know that....but its just like the kid who always saw a vette and when they grew up they had to have a vette.

I grew up with a Ducati owner just down the road. Seeing him out there polishing that beautiful red bike in the summer, and when it would start up and ride down the street....

It holds a certain nostalgia to it. I dont want it because its amazing or better than everyone else's bikes....its the nostalgia of one in itself.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Why not just get by for now then with your trusty bumblebee that you have already put so much love and money into, save your time and finances for next year then an use the extra time to build the extra funds needed for your Ducati. Get the bike you REALLY want, not just another bike to get a bigger bike that you will just want to replace in maybe a year.. This way maybe that NEW Ducati will be easier to afford and justify.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
pass. thanks though ;)

raven6

currently working a deal.

2008 CBR 600RR
4400 miles
asking price is $5500

One of the guys I know and ride with, its one of his close buddies who sold it to a dealer, needed cash fast. Meticulously cared for.

If all goes as planned I will owe the same or a touch less than the fz6r....with no money out of pocket.

FML I wonder how insurance will jump
cool thing about the CBR is it already comes with a squared off rear tire... saves you the hassle of having to do it yourself... jk :D

CrazyCawi

culture shock....trade value...$2500? Really....Thats garbage....your tellin me the exhaust/jbp cost was half the bikes value?

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
culture shock....trade value...$2500? Really....Thats garbage....your tellin me the exhaust/jbp cost was half the bikes value?
Well now that is just insulting... KBB has it at $3,200, but with all your mods and work done I'd say $4k-4.5k tops trade in. Remember they have to resell the bike and they would maybe get $5.5k for it. $2.5k is deserves a kick in the nuts.

CrazyCawi

thats what I was hoping for was 4.5 trade....2.5....go eff yourself....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DakinechicK

What?! I got 4500 for mine even after it got smashed a little in a wreck. Plus mine wasn't extremely modded like yours.

Keep in mind, though, it was toward the purchase of one of their bikes.... So the could have written down any amount for the trade as long as the difference in price equalled 11k. Make sense?

DakinechicK

You deleted my signature for you so I thought it was only fair. I was going to put something along the lines of "he's so.... Sigh..... Dreamy" but I didnt. :D