Yamaha Canada Center Stand

JSP

Super Moderator
Sorry about Jay, he's usually much more helpful. Thank you for not creating a new thread! :thumbup:

Hey I dont know jack about these center stand thingies. And NO WAY was I passing that one up :D

I'm still dying over here laughing at myself :rof:

Is it Friday yet? haha

Yes, good boy searching and posting in an existing thread. WOOOOOT! :thumbup:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

bobski

Great tutorial pics blazing_nitro . . got my oem center stand installed in about 1/2 hour . . after I figured out that a little grease on the rubber tube for the small spring needed a little grease to help it slide inside the big spring. Now I just need to practice mounting the bike on the stand without dumping it :)

FJRGuy

Excellent! Thanks!

I thought about getting it for my wife's R but then looked at a swingarm stand along with the fork stand for $89 with shipping and decided on those because it was so much cheaper.

Glad to see one installed and WITH the factory exhaust as well. Should I ever decide to get one for it, at least the one question I had is now answered.
At $150 (see below), I was thinking I'd opt for the MotoStance M-6 Rear Stand for $70. But where did you get bhoth a rear and front stand for $89???

MAI-NSTAN-DK-IT
MSRP: $150.17

ajskillz13

Has anyone in the U.S. bought from them ?

Thanks, Ed
If you eventually do, please let us know. It's nice to have another option besides the SW Motech from Twisted Throttle.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

bigddy263

ordered

I ordered my stand from yamahagenuineparts this week. It was about $170 USD shipped. It should be here soon, so we will see how it goes! Thanks to the OP for the writeup, I will be following that on my ipod during install.

bigddy263

Done!

Ok, got the stand today. 15 days after ordering, but who's counting. The ogiginal post was very valuable. The only part that slowed me down was stretching the springs. I used some wire and a small ratcheting clamp between the spring bracket and the front brake rotor to get the job done. Once I figured that out, it was a quick job. If anyone wants a pic, I can set it back up pretty quick to explain. Just make sure you use a rag between the clamp and your paint. Thanks again to the OP.

Eule

One more successful centerstand install

Hello all!

I don't have a bike... but I am an enabler. My garage-less friend parks his '09 FZ6R at my house and I even throw in the juice for the battery tender for free. :) This weekend I helped him install the Yamaha centerstand on his bike. (It was shipped to Missouri from Kelly's Cycle Centre / yamahagenuineparts.com in Ontario, Canada.)

First: This thread (and the one on the SW-Motech stand, http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/sw-motech-center-stand-installation-how-18180/ ) were very helpful - thanks!

Second: Some more details on the install...

It seemed to work best to lube the rubber tube (we used Windex window cleaner), put it inside the big spring, and then put the little spring inside the tube. You do have to bend the little spring a bit to get it started down inside the big one. Also note that the spring hooks on both springs are at about 90 degrees to each other; make sure the hooks on both springs point the same way before putting one inside the other.

We came up with one more way to get the springs tensioned. :) First we tried using the socket rail (as per the SW-Motech stand install howto) but the rail we had was not up to the job; it bent when we tried to use it. After a little messing around, we used a nutdriver and a Phillips screwdriver with a round shaft. You need a nutdriver that's small enough to fit through the big end of the keyhole in the spring plate, but big enough to fit over the peg on the bike. It probably also helps if the transition from the nutdriver shaft to the socket has a fillet, instead of being 90 degrees.

1. Nutdriver Guy sits next to the bike. Screwdriver Guy stands next to him. Nutdriver Guy hooks the springs to the stand and to the spring plate.

2. Nutdriver Guy holds the stand up to bike with one hand and puts the nutdriver through the big end of the keyhole in the spring plate.

3. Nutdriver Guy puts the nutdriver over the peg. The nutdriver will be pointing at an angle towards the back of the bike, around 4 o'clock.

4. Screwdriver Guy bends down and sticks the screwdriver in the small end of the keyhole in the spring plate with his left hand. This prevents the nutdriver from hanging up on the keyhole. Screwdriver Guy also grabs the right end of the handlebar with his right hand, so Nutdriver Guy can be confident of not pushing over the bike.

5. Nutdriver Guy pushes in on the nutdriver, towards the peg, while at the same time pushing forward on the nutdriver to tension the spring. Screwdriver Guy makes sure the screwdriver does not fall out of the spring plate.

6. Nutdriver Guy pushes forward on the nutdriver until it's parallel to the pegs (3 o'clock)... then *keeps pushing forward* to about 2 o'clock. At some point, the spring plate will slip inboard, off the nutdriver, and onto the peg. It will probably be inboard of the notch in the peg, but it will be on the peg. Screwdriver Guy removes screwdriver.

7. Nutdriver Guy pulls the spring plate towards the outside of the bike to get it to drop into the notch on the end of the peg.

Easy! :rolleyes:

For posterior, here are the Yamaha part numbers for what comes in the kit, just in case anybody wants to price out the parts at a US dealer.

Kit complete: MAI-NSTAN-DK-IT "made in Canada"
consisting of:

36C-27111-00 stand, main (the stand itself - welded steel tubing)
36C-27114-00 stopper, main stand (rubber bumper)
36C-27115-00 link, main stand (flat plate with keyhole and "OUT")
36C-27137-00 hook, spring (plate with peg and two bolt holes)
2x 5VX-27113-00 collar, main stand (flanged bushings for stand pivots)
2x 90111-10051 bolt, hex socket button (for stand pivots)
90445-170K9 hose (L60) (goes inside big spring)
90506-26008 spring, tension (the little one)
90506-50001 spring, tension (the big one)
2x 95704-10500 nut, flange (for stand pivots)

(All "made in Japan". One each unless noted)

Thanks again for the help!

Eule