Yamaha Canada Center Stand

Yamaha Canada sells a factory center stand for the FZ6R.

Yamaha doesn’t have any installation instructions for this kit.

I’ll try my best to describe the installation.

Here’s the box

1.Unpack and discover no instructions.

2.Notice how curved the stand is.

3.Install the rubber stopper

4.Stand installs on the factory mounting points (torque to 50lbs) with the two supplied bolts and washers on the stand. (Sorry forgot to take pics).

5.Install smaller spring with rubber inside larger spring. (sorry no pics again).

6.Add spring mount to frame and torque to 50lbs(no pics).

6.Spring attaches to stand to metal plate to the mount (difficult to figure out without instructions).

7.finished.

Review to follow.......................

Last edited:

ajskillz13

How much, and any idea on how we can get this product in the States?

Also, how difficult was the install? I'd like to do it myself if possible, but i'm no mechanic.

Thanks

Stephenfz6r

Yamaha Canada sells a factory center stand for the FZ6R.

Yamaha doesn’t have any installation instructions for this kit.

I’ll try my best to describe the installation.

Here’s the box

1.Unpack and discover no instructions.

2.Notice how curved the stand is.

3.Install the rubber stopper

4.Stand installs on the factory mounting points (torque to 50lbs) with the two supplied bolts and washers on the stand. (Sorry forgot to take pics).

5.Install smaller spring with rubber inside larger spring. (sorry no pics again).

6.Add spring mount to frame and torque to 50lbs(no pics).

6.Spring attaches to stand to metal plate to the mount (difficult to figure out without instructions).

7.finished.

Review to follow.......................
I went into the local Yamaha dealer this summer to get one of these and they could not come up with a part number. After seeing the the pictures I am going to back with the number from this site and order. Great Pictures. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Excellent! Thanks!

I thought about getting it for my wife's R but then looked at a swingarm stand along with the fork stand for $89 with shipping and decided on those because it was so much cheaper.

Glad to see one installed and WITH the factory exhaust as well. Should I ever decide to get one for it, at least the one question I had is now answered.

rockmurf

I got the one from twisted throttle and it came with directions, but in german. It also is the hardest centerstand to pull the bike up that I have ever had and I have had goldwings, fjr, st1300, tiger and so on. This is a real bitch to try to pull up.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I got the one from twisted throttle and it came with directions, but in german. It also is the hardest centerstand to pull the bike up that I have ever had and I have had goldwings, fjr, st1300, tiger and so on. This is a real bitch to try to pull up.
Is yours lowered with the Roaring Toyz link? If so, it would make it VERY difficult to upright on the stand.

renniks65

how much?.., where can i order? Definitely in the market and WAS going to order from Twisted Throttle, but this looks a bit more sturdy...checking with my local this weekend....hopefully there's something they can do with Yam Canada....

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member
How much, and any idea on how we can get this product in the States?

Also, how difficult was the install? I'd like to do it myself if possible, but i'm no mechanic.

Thanks
Yamaha Canada sells for $150. I paid $130 through dealer kahuna cycle not sure if they would ship to us though. YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | Accessories

Install isn't hard but you need big Allen socket and torque wrench. Hardest part is latching the spring.

Excellent! Thanks!

I thought about getting it for my wife's R but then looked at a swingarm stand along with the fork stand for $89 with shipping and decided on those because it was so much cheaper.

Glad to see one installed and WITH the factory exhaust as well. Should I ever decide to get one for it, at least the one question I had is now answered.
I too got rear and front stands. Only used them for winter storage because it's pit to try and balance the bike while getting the stands on.

I'm still keeping the stands for storage but it will be way easy with center stand to get the bike on front stands because it's so much more stable.

I can tell you that my yamaha stand is super easy. I had a Kawasaki 440 that was a pain.

Check out the pics. I think it has to do with the multiple angles on the bottom of the stand.

The best way I can describe is that the bike feels like you rock back and it's on without a fuss.

Is yours lowered with the Roaring Toyz link? If so, it would make it VERY difficult to upright on the stand.
My bike is stock at preloaded #5.

I believe the stand was designed based on stock height and yes if lowered it would make it harder.

One observation I had is that this stand curves around the muffler and I don't see any reductions in turning or lean angles.

On fz6 forums guys going in the canyons were taking off their stands.

On my test ride the bike didn't feel any different but on a curved road I could't help thinking if I would grind the stand.

how much?.., where can i order? Definitely in the market and WAS going to order from Twisted Throttle, but this looks a bit more sturdy...checking with my local this weekend....hopefully there's something they can do with Yam Canada....
Retail $150.

I too was considering twisted throttle but when it came up on yamaha Canada I had to have it.

I was really surprised at how well built it is. The others seem to look more like an 'H' where this one is moRe molded around the bike.

I even like how they use a plate extension near the brake leaver so that it doesn't interfere with your foot while braking.

A1A

Nice looking C/stand, great pic's and write up. Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if it said any where who makes this C/Stand for Yamaha?

twistedthrottle

Actually, the instructions have both German and English for all text. German is printed in black, while the English is printed in a dark gray.

As far as pulling the bike up, don't pull it. Step on the foot lever. The bike will be pushed up onto the stand by your body weight... it's MUCH easier than pulling.

Actually, the instructions have both German and English for all text. German is printed in black, while the English is printed in a dark gray.

As far as pulling the bike up, don't pull it. Step on the foot lever. The bike will be pushed up onto the stand by your body weight... it's MUCH easier than pulling.
Maybe your missing a step. Just stepping on the foot lever doesn't sound like it would get the bike up.

There could be different methods but I step on the foot lever and hold both handle bars and go backward like reverse and it goes on the stand.

My 440 I would have to put one hand on the handle bar and the other on the frame to lift the bike up and on the stand. If I were to use the above method I would hold the front brake and go forward hard and then release the brake on the rebound while pushing down on the foot lever. Would take a few tries but does work.

Hope this helps.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

sammy56

Wow that was nerve wracking.......
Finally got the center stand on and putting my weight on the lever with my foot and trusting that the bike would not tip over on the other side tested my trust.:eek::eek::eek:
I was ready to say the heck with it and just continue to use my rear stand, but at this point I had to make it work. Got it up and now that I trust it....no problem. I am sure I will very much like using the center stand.:):)

LB