Yamaha Canada Center Stand

ccbex

Thanks for all the pics and the step by step.....The only real problem I seem to be having is how to get the little spring inside the big one.....any tips on that? LOL

ccbex

Hardest part is latching the spring.[/QUOTE said:
Found that attaching the spring to both ends and then moving the stand up to where it mounts is easier than trying to attach the spring afterwards. :)

woogs

OK, I have to know: how the heck are you supposed to get the little spring into the big spring? I spent a good half hour looking at the two of 'em like a dog staring at a round doorknob, wondering "How on earth does this work?"

Are you supposed to thread the two springs together, then work the rubber sleeve into it somehow? Or do you bend the big spring open in the middle somehow? Getting the small spring to flex was enough of a pain, getting the big one to give sounds nigh-impossible.

I'm also confused as to why we have this "two-in-one" spring contraption anyhow. What does it offer that just one, stiffer spring doesn't?

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

ajskillz13

So I went to my local dealer and they couldn't help or were just too lazy or unresourseful to find out how to get it.

Anyone out there have any ideas how to get this part in the lower 48
In the same boat... Probably just going to get the SW Motech stand instead. Reviews seem good.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

ajskillz13

I'll second the question to any of our Canadian friends... Can someone hook us up with a dealer who will ship some of these to the states?

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

DragonBlu

Does anyone know why Yamaha does not supply it on new bikes?
Best guess, It adds more weight and they would have to charge more for the bike. Neither one being a very good excuse. It would have nice to have the option at the dealer when buying the bike. :confused:I put the SWMotech on mine.

Last edited:

High Park

Yamaha Canada Centrestand

Some comments; hope its some help if anyone is still looking for a stand.

I have this stand - works nicely. Got it installed at the dealer. Since it added a couple hundred to the cost, I assume that is why they don't do it, since demand is low.

I assume Yamaha Canada won't sell directly (if you haven't tried, might be worth an email - they do respond to those sometimes).

If you are still looking for Canadian dealers, try calling any of these:

Thomboys of Owen Sound Ontario. THOMBOYS Powersports & Equipment. Nice people. Semi-rural area, so not always as busy. This is where I got the bike. Multi-line dealer, including Yamaha. They only charged me for the part, not the install (and they didn't have any instructions either).

Kahuna Powersports (Toronto) - multi-line, Yamaha dealer. They have a fair size aftermarket parts business. Kahuna Powersports is Toronto's source for Kawasaki, Yamaha, MV Agusta and Norton motorcycles and accessories.

Cyclewerx (Toronto. Not a dealer - mechanic shop, always helpful in my experience. Welcome to Cyclewerx.

No idea whether they will be interested in re-shipping to the US though.

I have never heard of any differences between the Canadian and US models (aside from the metric programming on the speedo etc).

Good luck.

danieljardim

Trying not to start a topic all over. What is the advantage of having a center stand?

(lets see if you guys are gonna read and answer.)????

Hoptownky

It's difficult to tip it over, therefore you can leave the bike parked with more confidence. ( soft asphalt, curiosity seekers, small children, wind, etc… ) It also makes access to parts of the motorcycle easier and safer. I wouldn't own a bike without one. I ordered mine from Twisted Throttle.

danieljardim

It's difficult to tip it over, therefore you can leave the bike parked with more confidence. ( soft asphalt, curiosity seekers, small children, wind, etc… ) It also makes access to parts of the motorcycle easier and safer. I wouldn't own a bike without one. I ordered mine from Twisted Throttle.
Do you keep the side stand or you take if off? If you keep it. Why?

Sorry to be a pain, just trying to measure if it's worth it or not.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member