Wrecked FZ6R Ouch!!!!

Hellgate

Yeah but not all of it. Most riders worry about helmet, gloves and jacket. A lot of riders including me don't own riding pants or boots. But I think now is the time to pick them up.
Papa - pick up some good boots, they are soooo important for keeping all the little piggies safe. Ask Defy about his boot opinion.

Papa - pick up some good boots, they are soooo important for keeping all the little piggies safe. Ask Defy about his boot opinion.

I'm looking for pants and some boots at this time, but the funds are not to good right now to get an expensive pair. I have a Cordura jacket with some pretty good armor. But here in Florida when it hits in the upper 90's, lower 100's it is so hard to keep it on. I do my best to try and wear it but the jacket does come off sometimes and I know that is wrong and I'm asking for trouble. But I am going to wear it all once I get it all.

MNDZA

The pants I have that don't fit yet are kevlar lined jeans with armor for the knees and hips...that good enough?

The pants I have that don't fit yet are kevlar lined jeans with armor for the knees and hips...that good enough?

We won't know till you take a fall and try them out. But any type of jeans will shred, no matter how thick they are.

MNDZA

We won't know till you take a fall and try them out. But any type of jeans will shred, no matter how thick they are.
Well in that case I hope we won't ever know

neshi

I'm looking for pants and some boots at this time, but the funds are not to good right now to get an expensive pair. I have a Cordura jacket with some pretty good armor. But here in Florida when it hits in the upper 90's, lower 100's it is so hard to keep it on. I do my best to try and wear it but the jacket does come off sometimes and I know that is wrong and I'm asking for trouble. But I am going to wear it all once I get it all.
Well I dont know about pants I cant seem to find any my size but i do where Field Armor Knee/Shin Guards & Super Duty 2 Boots both from icon. the boots have some breaking time till you can where them every day!

Well I dont know about pants I cant seem to find any my size but i do where Field Armor Knee/Shin Guards & Super Duty 2 Boots both from icon. the boots have some breaking time till you can where them every day!

Knee shin guards is what I need for my bad knees.

unleased1287

well first of all i guess dont do something that u r not ready to do most accidents hapeen bc ppl r to stupid to understand they r not ready to do it. i have bought this bike for a good reason its a begining 600 bike still fast as hell but not crazy like r6 for cbr or something like that im sure u all know what im saying. i wear just jacket, gloves, and helmet. hoping not to reck really doesnt work all that well knowing ur limits does. there is no story to this accident but im sure it was probley his first time or so on this highway and didnt know it to well and thought well ill open it up see what its got hit a pot hole and lost it or something idk. every one just drive safe the safer u drive the better off u r **** happens and r not preventable in some situations so dont put ur self in something u cant haddlea. gear always help dont get me wrong but dont just rely on ur gear to save ur life rely on ur life to save ur life. just one more thing too just look at the road he was on roads that r rocky gravel i dont due past 20-30 this is no dirt bike or enduro this is a street bike anything past that is just asking for trouble look at r tires u see any knobs??? i thought not

B

blueMONday

On the last picture it says....."The ligament that holds my collar bone into my shoulder is completely broken. So... the collar bone sticks out. Wicked! :D "

Maybe he didn't crash hard enough to knock some sense into him??
I don't know if I should feel sorry for the guy or just say " What a F*ing moron. What I mean is he just crashed, injured himself (which is actually serious, but not life threatening), ruined a perfectly nice bike and all he has to say is "Sweet" and "Wicked". Must be a damn :squid:. What a fool, I doubt if he learned anything valueable from this mishap or is he just going to get another ride and ride beyond his skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D:D:D

B

blueMONday

ATGATT is worthless if the rider is reckless and/or rides beyond their capabilities.

B

blueMONday

Hey, maybe it's a Keanu Reeves wannabe in "The Replacements"....... "chicks digs scars"
Gears cheaper than Skin grafts but
Common sense is free.....it's something alot of people are lacking of.

phocoyote7

I wear jeans just going to work, I'm going for a ride this weekend and plan on wearing my pants now after seeing this, yikes!!!

I don't know where that stop sign was, but I'm thinking that had something to do with the crash. Just like someone stated probably first time on highway and oh *&%* stop sign :eek:

I agree with everone, wear your gear, but ride your limits and be safe :thumbup:

atomoverride

I wear: Helmet, Mesh Jacket with armor in it, gloves with nuckle gaurds, and some tatical boots.

Yes I do wear jeans, but I dont wheelie or go much above the speed limit. Yes I have been 91 mph but I only did that once and there was little to no traffic. I am pretty good at managing my risks.

No matter how I look at this crash I cant understand how you could go flying through a stop sign, unless you were going so fast you didnt see it till its too late.

I just messaged this guy to join the forum and tell us what happened. Hope he replies and joins the forum.

RZ350 Rider

It really wasn't planned out this way, but I wound up with ALL Joe Rocket riding gear. Pro Stock pants w/Armor, Big Bang boots (sweet!) and a Joe rocket Yamaha signature jacket w/armor, plus JR gloves w/gel palms. I also got a Shoei Tzoke helmet that kinda matches the Cadmium Yellow of my FZ6R, it even has some stars on it:thumbup: It makes for a somewhat hot, but very safe ride. Besides, when I redeem my Track day at Pocono Raceway I won't need to rent the gear.:rockon::thumbup: