Wrecked FZ6R Ouch!!!!

cbzdel

Outch!!! :eek:

Could of been alot worse though.. was there a story behind it that i missed somewhere?

No story just the editing of the pics he described. I'm gonna email him to see what exactly happend and maybe get him to join the forum if he is not already here. I was hoping someone would read this and say hey that's me.

R

red06fz6

Good thing his injuries are not that serous but it doesn't look like he was wearing protective pants, perhaps the knee injuries would have been avoided with proper knee armor.

I know, I'm about to go out right now and buy some protective pants. I just ride in regular jeans and timberland boots.

MNDZA

That was sick! I bought some riding pants with armor, but haven't started wearing them since they're too tight.....gonna force those mofos on now.

That was sick! I bought some riding pants with armor, but haven't started wearing them since they're too tight.....gonna force those mofos on now.
I was always told to buy riding pants 2 sizes up so you can wear regular jeans or shorts under them.

MNDZA

I was always told to buy riding pants 2 sizes up so you can wear regular jeans or shorts under them.
Oops.....oh well....when I'm done losing weight they should be at least two sizes bigger.

F

FZ1inNH

ATGATT folks! This is yet another example of why...

Buy "Overpants" as they are designed to go over your street clothes when you buy the correct size.

Driving beyond his abilities.... sad but glad he'll survive! Question is, did he learn anything from it?

<---As you can see, I am even ATGATT on my daughter's scooter! :D

A

AJ_rider

I've been "cheating" on ATGATT by wearing Kevlar lined jeans, I think these pictures speak for themselves. New Enough here I come.

S

staticghost

Damn...that is a bad crash. The funny thing is more than 90% or riders out there do not wear full gear, especially pants or motorcycle boots. In every crash the first thing that hits the pavement is your knees, hips and/or feet depending how it happens. I wear my full head to to gear all the time. All please invest into gear. That is all you got to save you behind.

D

Denver_FZ6

Beware though, don't get gear so oversize and loose that it's able to twist out of place. On some gear the padded area is small and if it's loose fitting it's easy for the padding to be moved out of place during impact.

S

Steph

On the last picture it says....."The ligament that holds my collar bone into my shoulder is completely broken. So... the collar bone sticks out. Wicked! :D "

Maybe he didn't crash hard enough to knock some sense into him??

T

teeter

On the main page for that link it says the following: "ProTip: Don't wreck your bike speeding down the highway."

Why didn't anyone tell me this before ?!??! WTF people? :Flip:

On a serious note.. WEAR YOUR GEAR!! WEAR YOUR GEAR!! ALL OF IT!!
Don't be stupid.

No lie, after I saw this I went straight to leather up and looked at some pants and boots. They have good pants but I'm not liking the boots.

Hey, at least he was wearing his gear.
Yeah but not all of it. Most riders worry about helmet, gloves and jacket. A lot of riders including me don't own riding pants or boots. But I think now is the time to pick them up.

DefyInertia

someone send him a message and tell him about this forum.

Hey, at least he was wearing his gear.
He was only wearing half his gear...

When I promote wearing FULL gear.....

6 out of 10 people get annoyed

3 out of 10 people agree

1 out of 10 doesn't end up like this guy

If everyone minded their own business and always kept their opinions to themselves, there'd be a lot less information sharing going on.

Hellgate

I've been cheating of the pants for local trips around town lately. It is so F'ing hot. I wear everything else however. I really need to wear them. I hate road rash. Got enough scars already, don't need any more.

On a side note, I need to ditch my mesh jacket and get a proper perf leather jacket with better armor too.

Vanson...:drool::bow: