Would you want to be a sponsor of WOLFMAN RACING

S

shreveport1

No worries Jamie,

You are not asking for a bean, for the people who are interested they can donate as much or as little as they like. Personally I am not even bothered about seeing receipts. That would take the fun out of it. Your word is enough for me.

Nelly
I second this motion!!we don't need to see receipts.it would take the fun out of it.your word is good enough for me too.we just want to see you out on the track making some lap's!!:D

S

shreveport1

Re: Would you want to be a sponsor of WOLMAN RACING

Hey this a chance to apart of something.this will be apart of your life story.you could tell your grandchildren you sponsored a motorcycle race team,and you helped get him started.(no pressure Jamie you don't have to win)you just be in the race!and we can make this REALY HAPPEN!!!:D

J

Jim Karam

So, could the OP please edit the title to say wolFman? This is like a crooked painting to an old man like me.:(

S

Stumbles06

So, could the OP please edit the title to say wolFman? This is like a crooked painting to an old man like me.:(
Hehehe, I agree. I read it as "Woman" racing to start with!!!

Might need a Mod to change the title though.

:)

W

Wombat1940

. I read it as "Woman" racing to start with!!!

Might need a Mod to change the title though.
:rof::rof:

Oh!!!!!!!!!!! ....... Gees!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......... you're in OZ!!!!!!!!!!

Where's my pen and credit card. Stuff the receipts, spend your time (and our money ;)) on the bike. And it doesn't matter where you finish. We'll be there wearing your (our) colours, offering advice (well, maybe not) cheering you on. The point is, it's not the need to win, it's just the chance to compete (used to be Olympic motto I think). You will have made it.

:greece::america::aus::germany::canada::uk: :france: you'll be out there for us all.

Wolfman

:rof:

Oh!!!!!!!!!!! ....... Gees!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......... you're in OZ!!!!!!!!!!

Where's my pen and credit card. Stuff the receipts, spend your time (and our money ;)) on the bike. And it doesn't matter where you finish. We'll be there wearing your (our) colours, offering advice (well, maybe not) cheering you on. The point is, it's not the need to win, it's just the chance to compete (used to be Olympic motto I think). You will have made it.

:greece::america::aus::germany::canada::uk: :france: you'll be out there for us all.
Now that's a pretty decent attitude...very illustrative of how the great people in this forum normally think...

Whilst i may not win, i will try my very hardest with this, within my own personal limits, as i am not interested in chucking down the road..more interested in the experience, and personal challenge.

it is super cool, that i get to take quite a few other people along for the ride...no pun intended.

:thumbup:

reiobard

is this like one of those sponsor a starving kid in Ethiopia type fund raisers? Do we get pictures and stories for being a sponsor?

I would like to sponsor, but can't for a couple weeks when i get paid again.

W

Wombat1940

I think Nelly was going to try...by the way, my Paypal addy is [email protected]

this is nuts! cant believe this...please be assured anyone, that any money sent will only be used for pinky...will even post receipts, paypal statements, etc, in a blog.

:thumbup:
Sorry ....I have a Paypal account but don't know how to use it to send money to individuals. Advice please.

O

ozzieboy

Sorry ....I have a Paypal account but don't know how to use it to send money to individuals. Advice please.
It's pretty easy. I didn't have a clue 'til just recently either. Just go to the paypal site, log in and it tells you where to put the paypal address of the payee.

Clear as mud?...lol.

Just have a look. It's easy as:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

N

necrotimus

One day I would love to be able to purchase a wolfman racing T-shirt and I would wear it proudly.

Good luck on the track

Wolfman

is this like one of those sponsor a starving kid in Ethiopia type fund raisers? Do we get pictures and stories for being a sponsor?
Sheesh, you know me, you will get billions of pictures, and lots and lots of words! i never shut up!

One day I would love to be able to purchase a wolfman racing T-shirt and I would wear it proudly.

Good luck on the track
Cheers, will be getting some T-shirts made up for sure...everyone that puts a contribution towards the whole sheebang...will be sent one as a matter of course!

And with Admin's blessing, a big FZ6 Forum logo on there to boot!

:rockon:

W

Wombat1940

It's pretty easy. I didn't have a clue 'til just recently either. Just go to the paypal site, log in and it tells you where to put the paypal address of the payee.

Clear as mud?...lol.

Just have a look. It's easy as:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike
Thanks Mike.

W

Wombat1940

Sheesh, you know me, you will get billions of pictures, and lots and lots of words! i never shut up!

Cheers, will be getting some T-shirts made up for sure...everyone that puts a contribution towards the whole sheebang...will be sent one as a matter of course!

And with Admin's blessing, a big FZ6 Forum logo on there to boot!

:rockon:
As your self appointed manager this is not on!:spank:
Don't go soft on these guys. Now you've got them in the palm of your hand, screw them for every cent you can get! Beside, you have my fees to meet which I will openly disclose here and now I donate to fund those starving children in Ethiopia and definitely not my holiday mansion in Surfers Paradise and private education for my children at Scotch College. Pissst ....tell then anything that will help the money coming in, that's what CEO's are for son.

In all seriousness I would buy the tea shirt or at least give a donation for it. No tax issues then

M

madmanmaigret

Jamie, you know I am in for this! But I do expect a shirt...and a mention of my name and the forum everytime you are on the podium ;)

haha the best part is when I send $100 AUD it is only like $67.51 USD!!!!! I made out like a bandit :thumbup:

all joking aside, have fun and be safe wolfie!

I am a sponser of an international race team! the next Rossi even! to bad currently an American is OWNING WSBK! :thumbup: :D

S

shreveport1

we should have a contest for the shirt (logo, design, picture )and a patch for our gear.something with the,Wolfman Racing,fz6 forum.what do y'all think?:D

Wolfman

As for the t-shirts, I will get them sponsored(ie:paid for) by someone else in return for a logo on them...won't be too hard with my entertainment industry & liquor industry contacts, those that contibute more than $25US from this site will get one sent to them...as long as they send me their mailing details via e-mail...which is the same as my paypal addy...I think that's a pretty good deal!

Now I have to design the shirts, and will make sure the fz6forum URL is very prominent.

At this point, I reckon the bike is going to end up yellow, with Yamaha "film strip" image on it, so shirts will be similar. Anyway, first things first, gotta get the bikes colour scheme sorted, then it's onto to the t-shirts.

Wavex

This all sounds like a good idea, but I personally would like to understand the scope of this a bit better before I pitch in...

If the goal is to "give" money to Wolfy so he can go have fun on the track, I am not sure ppl are going to respond to that... there are lots of ppl out there that could use the $$ more than Wolfy (no offense bro!).

If your goal is to create a real racing team, and to actually compete in a local or national championship, than that's a different story, but what are the details? what ligue will you be racing in? where? when? what's the budget? what are the requirements to enter that ligue?

I don't mean to be negative about this whole thing, but maybe Wolfman should get on a track first and see how he likes it and if he is fast enough to even consider real racing... I thought I was pretty fast on the streets too until I went on the track and realized I was VERY SLOW compared to most ppl out there... I don't think I could qualify to any real race (even local) with my lap times! no way!

Anyway, I guess I just need more details about this whole thing :)

S

shreveport1

This all sounds like a good idea, but I personally would like to understand the scope of this a bit better before I pitch in...

If the goal is to "give" money to Wolfy so he can go have fun on the track, I am not sure ppl are going to respond to that... there are lots of ppl out there that could use the $$ more than Wolfy (no offense bro!).

If your goal is to create a real racing team, and to actually compete in a local or national championship, than that's a different story, but what are the details? what ligue will you be racing in? where? when? what's the budget? what are the requirements to enter that ligue?

I don't mean to be negative about this whole thing, but maybe Wolfman should get on a track first and see how he likes it and if he is fast enough to even consider real racing... I thought I was pretty fast on the streets too until I went on the track and realized I was VERY SLOW compared to most ppl out there... I don't think I could qualify to any real race (even local) with my lap times! no way!

Anyway, I guess I just need more details about this whole thing :)
Hello,I can clear this up for you Wavex.Wolfman writes excellent thread's and post's lot's of pic's of his adventures,and i enjoy reading them to me it's like an on-line riding magazine.he posses a personality that is larger than life,and the man can take a joke better than anyone i know.he said in an earlier post that pinky had rode around in a truck for the past couple of years and if you look at his photo album's you see he also has a new baby.he want's to take the bike to the track and i took it upon myself to try and help him get the bike in perfect working order before he get's out there.since i'm on the other side of the world and i'm no where near rich i created this thread to see if anyone else would like to help get wolfman out on a track with his bike in A1 shape.I personally don't care if he is the slowest on the track or the fastest I only want him to be able to have the experiance so i can read about and see the pic's,and as the man is never short for word's i'm sure it's gonna make for some awesome reading!!!!:D

Wavex

Hello,I can clear this up for you Wavex.Wolfman writes excellent thread's and post's lot's of pic's of his adventures,and i enjoy reading them to me it's like an on-line riding magazine.he posses a personality that is larger than life,and the man can take a joke better than anyone i know.he said in an earlier post that pinky had rode around in a truck for the past couple of years and if you look at his photo album's you see he also has a new baby.he want's to take the bike to the track and i took it upon myself to try and help him get the bike in perfect working order before he get's out there.since i'm on the other side of the world and i'm no where near rich i created this thread to see if anyone else would like to help get wolfman out on a track with his bike in A1 shape.I personally don't care if he is the slowest on the track or the fastest I only want him to be able to have the experiance so i can read about and see the pic's,and as the man is never short for word's i'm sure it's gonna make for some awesome reading!!!!:D
I see... I misunderstood this whole thing... I thought we were talking about a real racing team here, not just Wolfman getting free track days and mods for his bike :)

Sorry, but while I think Wolfy is a great dude, I don't think he is hurting for money... so count me out. I understand that you want to give your friend money to support him (and live through his threads), but talking about sponsorship of a race team, when in fact you aren't sponsoring anything is a bit mis-leading.

I go to track days too, and take a lot of pics, so if anyone wants to paypal me money, I`d take it too! I'm OK to put a sticker of this forum and your name on my bike too! LOL

Sorry, no offense meant, I just find this whole thing a bit weird.... if you were pulling for someone who really can't afford it, then fine... or for a real sponsorship, fine, but that's not the case!

S

shreveport1

I see... I misunderstood this whole thing... I thought we were talking about a real racing team here, not just Wolfman getting free track days and mods for his bike :)

Sorry, but while I think Wolfy is a great dude, I don't think he is hurting for money... so count me out. I understand that you want to give your friend money to support him (and live through his threads), but talking about sponsorship of a race team, when in fact you aren't sponsoring anything is a bit mis-leading.

I go to track days too, and take a lot of pics, so if anyone wants to paypal me money, I`d take it too! I'm OK to put a sticker of this forum and your name on my bike too! LOL

Sorry, no offense meant, I just find this whole thing a bit weird.... if you were pulling for someone who really can't afford it, then fine... or for a real sponsorship, fine, but that's not the case!
Well we can't all go to the track.Wolfman is going to have his chance,and by helping him out to do that I get to feel like i'm apart of his race team (fictional or not) it's real to me. and i'm helping make it happen,and if that's weird to you so be it.people buy poster's of racer's and wear their favorite team jersy's when they watch sport's and here in louisiana we have a huge dirt track racing scene where people build junkers into race cars in their home garages and they have their own t-shirts and call themselves race teams no one has a problem with it around here.they are sponsored by private citizen's and local shop's and grocery stores .I want to sponser Wolfman Racing (Larger than life and twice as ugly!):D