Wooo Hoooo stock exhaust mod complete

stuna

i have been behind bikes that, i have to hit the brakes and let them go as it was sooo bad you couldn't be behind them :eek:. some sound is fine , but to be #$%$%$#@ is not :thumbup:

F

FZ6Rgurl

So my exhaust people quoted me $150 to do what your exhaust people did for $40. I might as well give them my first born too. LOL!

Mart Man FZ6R

So my exhaust people quoted me $150 to do what your exhaust people did for $40. I might as well give them my first born too. LOL!
The company my wife works for sends work to his shop sometimes, so I think he gave me a bit of a break. I've seen others that did this mod at shops close to them and they got theirs for like $70 so the $150 is a little steep.

I'd print the original post with pics and ask them why they want so much more to do the same job!!

joloy133

There are lots of exhaust folks and a decent one would take no more than 45 min. tops. (30 mins. more realistic minus the BS time, whats the shop rate?) The parts are cheap, I used scrap muffler pipe and painted it black to match after slash cutting to shape. Find another person!

F

FZ6Rgurl

I'm trying to think of another custom shop here in bend. I got my car done at Good Guys Mufflers, but I think they just do cars. I might ride down to ProCaliber Motorsports today and talk to Rex about it and see what he can do. He's the one that put all of my accessories on. I just don't think they have wedling tools. Wait, they must have welding tools, because they do exhausts there. Well they put exhausts on. Do some exhausts require some welding?

Chaos

All you really need to do is find a good welder, grab a sawzaw and a tip. Anyone charging more than a half hour labor time and minimal $$ for the tip is ripping you off. It took my boy less than 30 min to do mine and less than 20 to do another one.

jrv81

thanks for this post...did mine today!! Sound is impressive...the way it should have out of the factory. I do want to add that it feels as if there is a tiny bit loss of torque. I'm not sure if its from riding it in 100 degree weather but really its very very slight. The power is still there otherwise, no issue. What you gain out of this mod has way more upside. I did the black tip :)

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm trying to think of another custom shop here in bend. I got my car done at Good Guys Mufflers, but I think they just do cars. I might ride down to ProCaliber Motorsports today and talk to Rex about it and see what he can do. He's the one that put all of my accessories on. I just don't think they have wedling tools. Wait, they must have welding tools, because they do exhausts there. Well they put exhausts on. Do some exhausts require some welding?
Have you checked with CES?

Custom Exhaust Specialties Inc in Bend, OR, Oregon - Local Business Information for Custom Exhaust Specialties Inc in Bend, Oregon

Or RHOR Performance:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=muffler+bend+oregon&fb=1&gl=us&hq=muffler&hnear=Bend,+OR&view=text&ei=xKQzTIc7xNucB6KozNgD&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CDEQtQMwAA

Last edited:

Mart Man FZ6R

thanks for this post...did mine today!! Sound is impressive...the way it should have out of the factory. I do want to add that it feels as if there is a tiny bit loss of torque. I'm not sure if its from riding it in 100 degree weather but really its very very slight. The power is still there otherwise, no issue. What you gain out of this mod has way more upside. I did the black tip :)
Pics????? :needpics:
I've really noticed no downside to power or torque. Just a nice sweet low toned rumble that the cagers can actually hear. I've found the bike isn't as loud to others as it sounds to me when wearing a full face helmet. Seems the lack of wind noise really lets the exhaust sound through.

Last edited:
F

FZ6Rgurl

I went to CES. I used to deliver to Shane when I worked for Ford. I haven't tried the RHOR yet. Might have to ride over there.

jrv81

Pics????? :needpics:
I've really noticed no downside to power or torque. Just a nice sweet low toned rumble that the cagers can actually hear. I've found the bike isn't as loud to others as it sounds to me when wearing a full face helmet. Seems the lack of wind noise really lets the exhaust sound through.
here you go! Yea its probably from the nasty weather

Attachments

Mart Man FZ6R

Looks nice. Did you go with the series of small holes like some of the others have done, or with one large hole like I did after seeing Chaos's bike?

jrv81

Looks nice. Did you go with the series of small holes like some of the others have done, or with one large hole like I did after seeing Chaos's bike?
just one hole and welded the black pipe at an angle onto it. I rode it last night...i think its a perfect decibel for it. What i dont like is you can hear the air traveling through the smaller hole inside and the outer...its not bad. I just finished it up with the black high heat paint to cover all the brown spots my guy left.

stevet

Stuna I agree with you. Too loud is obnoxious and forcefully imposes that noise on everyone wether they like it or not. The worst offenders are the Harley's. They are way too loud and sound like poo too. Bla, bla bla. I love the sound of a high performance 4 cylinder bike at times but don't want it forced on me.

stevet

The mod you did looks nice and clean. Has anyone who has done this mod noticed any performance gain or loss? Often reducing back pressure can reduce torque in lower rpms.

6R Blackout

warranty

Man I got one question, it may be a dumb question but does it void the warranty. I am sure it does I am dying to do this exhaust mod to my bike. I will probably do it any way. Also can anyone say if they have put a juice box on there bike before or after the exhaust mod, if so will it help any with performance. Thanks:confused:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Man I got one question, it may be a dumb question but does it void the warranty. I am sure it does I am dying to do this exhaust mod to my bike. I will probably do it any way. Also can anyone say if they have put a juice box on there bike before or after the exhaust mod, if so will it help any with performance. Thanks:confused:
When I had my dealer install my exhaust, they told that it will void warranty on the exhaust only. So if I had engine trouble or transmission trouble that was still under warranty. Only what you change gets voided, dealerships words.

ClickClick5

I have my exhaust here in front of me and I'm wondering will I need a JB or PC with this mod? I mean, it is not a straight through pipe like the other exhaust products, but...the exhaust hole will be larger.

JSP

Super Moderator
I have my exhaust here in front of me and I'm wondering will I need a JB or PC with this mod? I mean, it is not a straight through pipe like the other exhaust products, but...the exhaust hole will be larger.

No you will not, with the muffler/cat still inline it will be just fine. Its not a straight pipe, you are not really letting much if any extra air in/out. Pretty much just changing the tone.