Where to store all that gear when going to the mall?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Detrich

i know this isn't the answer u wanna hear... but, i always cage to go shopping... period.

and, i'll only lock my helmet to the bike if it's somewhere safe and within my view. in many ways, gear is like part of your bike and like your safety... so, i don't trust leaving it unattended at all.

JSP

Super Moderator
Either wear it while you shop, or dont ride the bike. If I am going to be doing something and its too hot for me to walk around in my gear, I wont take the bike.

redwing-2001

OK, so lets say its July, Its freaking HOT, But as usual, you wear all your gear like you should. You deciede to stop at the mall, or store, or whatever. You have a helmet,gloves,pants and coat.

I know most lock their helmet up to the bike and put gloves in helmet but what about the pants and coat?

Do you carry it in with you :eek:

Do you lock it up somhow to the bike with the rest of your gear:eek:

WTF do you do with it all lol :surrender:
1. throw everyting in a shopping cart and take it with you.
2. no shopping carts available: stow in a locker (usually reasonable)
3. no lockers available: leave at mall office or information kiosk.
4. non of the above: carry it with you, it's air conditioned, it will be ok. :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Superzoom

Hi Anthony,

I bought two cable locks from a bicycle store to lock things up to the bike. The cable is fairly thin, maybe 5mm, and non-coiling and about three feet, so it's easy to thread through helmets and jacket sleeves and pant legs. I just run the cable through everything and lock it to my handlebars or passenger grab rail.

The cable would be easily cut with bolt cutters, but it's plenty to stop a casual thief. Just park the bike somewhere highly visible, and you should be good unless you get some crazy thief carrying tools.

AFDavis11

I recently freaked a friend out when I parked the bike and threw my gloves on the seat and walked away.

He was like, "Your just going to leave those on the seat?"

I said "Yea, if someone takes them you'll give me a ride home, right?"

It seems like the less I care about the equipment the less likely it'll get stolen.

Nothing is safe at a mall though.

Deputyfarva252

A lock is for an Honest Man if someone wants something bad enough there going to grab it no matter what , BUT on the flip side average thief is not going to spend more then 60 seconds trying to Break OR Enter OR steal what hes trying too

CDN6R

I always carry my Helmet and all my stuff with me when I go to the Mall. I do not want to take a chance of someone stealing something. Besides the Mall is cooler than outdoors.

ChUcK

My gear is always safe when I park and shop at locally owned businesses.

Malls are a social disease.

tommybarrettjr

Get the Shad luggage rack and a shad top case. I believe the Shad rack for the FZ6R is listed as the rack for the Yamaha XJ 600 diversion ABS(part #YOXJ69ST), this is the European bike but the luggage rack will fit your FZ6R. Some people are too into making their bike look like a race bike to ever do this and thats their prerogative, but if you want to make your bike highly functional a Top Box is great. I don't own a FZ6R but I am interested in them, and the ability to fit the Shad top box is a must for me. You can shop online and probably get the rack for under $100, top cases vary in size and price from $89 to $300. I got the rack for my CB250 from sportmotogear.com. I had to call to get them to special order it from Europe it since it was not listed on their website, due to lack of demand in the USA. They got it to me in less than three weeks and only charged $4.95 shipping!

Tommy

Last edited:

Sage

I carry it all, if it's too hot for you in the air conditioning, its too hot for you to be riding that day anyway.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

sammy56

Get the Shad luggage rack and a shad top case. I believe the Shad rack for the FZ6R is listed as the rack for the Yamaha XJ 600 diversion ABS(part #YOXJ69ST), this is the European bike but the luggage rack will fit your FZ6R. Some people are too into making their bike look like a race bike to ever do this and thats their prerogative, but if you want to make your bike highly functional a Top Box is great. I don't own a FZ6R but I am interested in them, and the ability to fit the Shad top box is a must for me. You can shop online and probably get the rack for under $100, top cases vary in size and price from $89 to $300. I got the rack for my CB250 from sportmotogear.com. I had to call to get them to special order it from Europe it since it was not listed on their website, due to lack of demand in the USA. They got it to me in less than three weeks and only charged $4.95 shipping!

Tommy
Totally agree. Top case and optional hard saddlebags. Lock everything up inside 'em!!

See red

I can't figure out why your at the mall.... You don't know how to carry or store what you have on you. That implies you have no luggage, soft or hard case. If you buy something what would you do?

I lock my stuff up in the trunk and have space left over.

I also don't ride in a full race suit lol. I have a helmet, gloves, jacket and shoes, I wear lined jeans. So for the most part my only things being stored would be helmet and gloves, MAYBE jacket.

MrGti

I ride with a back pack. I put the helment and gloves in back pack. Just wear the jacket in the store or throw it in the cart. I might stop in the store for a few things. I don't ride to the mall to walk around and do a lot of shopping.

i commute to the college everyday on my bike( which isnt always a joy since its been raining alot here lately) and i use my cable helmet lock and put my gloves in storage under the seat and wear my jacket or put it in my locker and i dont have boots yet. i dont find it that much of a pain to commute on my bike at all assuming its not raining lol.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member