Where and how is your bike stored?

Where and how is your bike stored?

• Garage

Votes: 100 77.5%
  • Outside (i.e. carport, side of the house, on the street etc)

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • w/ cover

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • w/o cover

Votes: 18 14.0%

• Total voters

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Snot Rod

Two car garrage:
Wife's car on right side.
Two of my bikes on left side.
My truck on left side of driveway, behind bikes.
My other bike in a workshop in the back yard.
4 other cars on street in front of house (two of my kids are in college).

Fizzer6R

feel for you guys that have to store your baby outside, been there

think this was posted by a forum member - if i ever win the lottery, i will have one room that looks like this

Attachments

redryder64

Second level of a 3 level parking garage... The best I can do without leaving it at the girlfriends house in her garage...

BoneJj

Second level of a 3 level parking garage... The best I can do without leaving it at the girlfriends house in her garage...
In a parking garage, not good. I would look into putting a paging alarm on that so that you can know if someone is messing with it or not. I just don't trust parking garages at all, even private ones. Seen way too many bikes taken from those.

redryder64

I would look into putting a paging alarm on that so that you can know if someone is messing with it or not.
Looked into it... It's a residential garage... very nice apartment complex with security gates and cameras and a security guard patrol... Several other bikes on the same floor. Guy with a CBR600 in the building across from mine shares and spot with me. 6 years her and nothing bothered yet! YET!

Thanks for the idea though... may still get the alarm!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

redryder64

That former professional theif from Reddit said that a guarded parking garage is one of their favorite places to take bikes from. Slip the guard a benjamin to look the other way, and off they go.
:eek: Ya'll are making me wanna go get my bike and put it in the living room!

The other up side is I work nights and I commute on it so when I'm at work I get to park it inside the building.

Maybe they will take the CBR, or one of the Harley's an leave mine alone! They can't take mine... I just changed the mirrors last night!

Ok, Ok, Ok... I'll get the alarm! Ok bedtime, I'm getting delirious!

darksidefz6r

Voted garage but it's actually a shed. I always park it in there, never leave it outside.

moreno12

My shed is full so I'm gonad put it in the porch so I can look at it everyday and wait for the good days to ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

godwearsblack

well I feel lame, I have mine outside all day every day, but I like to keep the cover on it, I live at my sisters house, no garage just 2 car driveway, I have it next to my sisters window covered with an disk lock, I want to get my own place with a 2 car garage, ive got bike car and truck, and the misses has her car..

Brock Kickass

Bought a house; bike still lives at my heated workplace for the winter, but now in the summertime I have my very own locked garage complete with work bench and lounge area.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374377641.778770.jpg

ajones70

garage

I keep it in the garage with a bike cover over it. Will def be kept in garage in winter too as its anything between -15 to -40c here for roughly 5months.
I will be looking for advice on how to store it in the winter as this is my first biking season ever..... rear and front stand? what do you guys recommend to do in this type of climate?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member