Where and how is your bike stored?

Where and how is your bike stored?

• Garage

Votes: 100 77.5%
  • Outside (i.e. carport, side of the house, on the street etc)

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • w/ cover

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • w/o cover

Votes: 18 14.0%

• Total voters

Z3roFlaw

I unfortunately do not have room in the garage to store my motorcycle (since it's currently filled with 2 cars and it isn't my garage to make room in :().

So my bike currently sites on the side of the house, in a fenced around, behind a gate, and currently only has a Bilt bike cover that I picked up from Cycle Gear.

I'm ok with the fact that the bike will have to be outside all the time, but I want to get a really nice cover for mine to protect it from the sun, heat, and other weather elements as much as possible.

So I did some digging around on the web and found two covers that I'm looking at purchasing for my bike.

I would like to know if anyone here currently uses, has had experience using, and/or recommends either of the following:

Bike Bark - $335.00 US plus $55.00 US freight charge

Cycle Shell - $325 US plus $85 US shipping cost

Attachments

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Last edited:

Andy

In the garage. Throw a sheet over her to keep the dust off. White 09. Still has stickers on tank. When I asked her to bring me sheet she gave me a pink one. Ha Ha Funny not. :rolleyes:

BKP

Same as JonKerr... in the garage on stands:

Z3roFlaw

Well crap. :( now I feel like shit. I want my bike to be garage kept. Wish my baby didn't have to sit outside.

bmw675

always garage. In the winter or bad weather, I can move it to the side and get my truck in as well. In the summer and nice weather, my truck sits outside.

Is it bad that you keep a 30k+ truck outside to keep your 10k bike inside. :D

Looking seriously for a new house with a 2 car garage, that can hold my truck, motorcycle, trailer ect.

BKP

Well crap. :( now I feel like shit. I want my bike to be garage kept. Wish my baby didn't have to sit outside.
Well... you're in Huntington Beach. The weather doesn't actually turn either arctic tundra, or Asian monsoon... As long as it's protected (gated, locked, fence), and has a good weather-proof cover, it'll be fine.

We deal with ice, humidity, extreme downpours, and the occasional hail-storm here in Atlanta -- different set of circumstances...

MustGoFaster

Outside under a carport for me. Then again, all we got out here is dust. As long as she's outta the sun...

Can't wait to move into a house in September! :Flash:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Z3roFlaw

The only time the bike is on stands is when I'm doing maintenance, though. If it sits for two days straight, it's an oddity, LOL.
Haha. That's how it should be. I have a rear stand only, but I only see myself using it for maintenance and the bike hasn't sat for more than a day or two before I get it out for a ride.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

I unfortunately do not have room in the garage to store my motorcycle (since it's currently filled with 2 cars and it isn't my garage to make room in :().

So my bike currently sites on the side of the house, in a fenced around, behind a gate, and currently only has a Bilt bike cover that I picked up from Cycle Gear.

I'm ok with the fact that the bike will have to be outside all the time, but I want to get a really nice cover for mine to protect it from the sun, heat, and other weather elements as much as possible.

So I did some digging around on the web and found two covers that I'm looking at purchasing for my bike.

I would like to know if anyone here currently uses, has had experience using, and/or recommends either of the following:

Bike Bark - $335.00 US plus $55.00 US freight charge

Cycle Shell - $325 US plus $85 US shipping cost
I've looked at those mini garages a few times myself and I like the idea of them, they are pretty cool looking and they seem like they should hold up pretty good. I would much more prefer a shed though if I didn't have a garage to put mine in. With a shed you will have better protection in general and you don't need a big one, just needs to be tall enough to fit the bike through the door and a decent ramp to get in there.

JonKerr

Elite Member

jocampo

In the garage, with wife's car. My beloved Speed 6 stays outside. Garage has space for two cars but not enough for a bike.

yfz6r

Mine goes in the garage when rain is expected and sits behind my house when rain isn't.

Never stored. Rode it every day. Have ridden in sleet and snow. I would advise that you avoid sleet

Out back behind the Fire station, It only goes inside the high bay when the weather report sounds to dangerous for my bike to brave the elements. And I use a cover when convenient.