Where and how is your bike stored?

Where and how is your bike stored?

• Garage

Votes: 100 77.5%
  • Outside (i.e. carport, side of the house, on the street etc)

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • w/ cover

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • w/o cover

Votes: 18 14.0%

• Total voters

ajones70

I was wondering too what should be done if the bike is in cold weather. My bike was in the garage all winter this year, but I got a new shed which is where she'll ride out the winter. I have a rear stand.
Is it easy to put onto a stand? And bc of the extreme cold is it better to use front and rear?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bmw675

Front and rear stands are a plus. Keeps the tires from sitting on cold concrete and potentially getting flat spots.

I use stabil over the winter. Just make sure you fill the tank completely with gas/stabil mix. This prevents moisture from accumulating. And run for a bit to get the fresh gas mix through the fuel lines.

Put the battery ons trickle charger. If its really cold out, pull the battery out, and put it on a trickle inside the house.

Clean and oil the chain to keep it from getting surface rust.

Changing the oil before winter is debatable. Some don't want to have old oil sitting in the pan over the winter, but others want the oil to be fresh in the spring. I change mine before winter, but I never run the bike until its nice enough for me.

ajones70

The spool adapters arrived today! Hubby got me the stand today!! Well happy with everything right now....this is how it will be stored for the winter in our garage....

Attachments

Riccochet

I siphon all the gas out and run it dry. Remove the battery and keep it inside on trickle charge. Put the bike on stands and call it a day. My bike stays in my garage which never gets very cold or damp.