What's your "other" hobby?

redprodigy35

Snowboarding.
Been riding since '98.

Highlights have been trips to Utah and Jackson Hole Wyoming.

This season I'm riding my dream board -- Neversummer Revolver -- Rocker between the feet with a positive camber zone that starts just outside the bindings. A soft but firm noodle of a board representing some of the newest technologies in the last 2-3 years with the camber revolution in snowboarding. This thing just flexes like no other. It's like boarding re-defined for me. I'm like a lil kid in a playground, just buttering everything and anything I can. It locks into presses beautifully.

What's interesting is that I think from the speeds I have become accustomed to on the 6R -- I can now charge harder on the board disregarding the chatter from having a softer board.

Attachments

• 20120625_132513.jpg
    20120625_132513.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 15

wtnotch

My latest is doing time trials in a Miata track car. The car is supercharged, weighs in at slightly less than 2000 lbs and has close to 200 WHP. This is at Sears Point last Friday.

SearsPt08032012-AZ12.jpg

Harrisch

my main side hobby is rock climbing, but i also ride bikes (the pedal kind), snowboard, work on cars and dabble in photography and drawing -- havent really had much time for anything except rock climbing/gym recently coz school has been so busy

Invader Jim

I brew beer and am a referee for women's flat track roller derby (Home - Women). I also play PC games. I used to do taekwondo, caving, and rock climbing but have not done those in the past year. I have not been underground (caving) in more than two years except for a body recovery this Spring.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jamesgarfield

I've got a few, and they come and go really fast haha:

Here was one of latest projects, I built a wake winch from the ground up:
Im the guy hammering with the rock and doing a majority of the falling but it was a blast to build and learn to weld!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p18Wwj6xFfk]DaWinchi - YouTube[/ame]

My other baby: 2012 Trek Cobia-> Gotta love 29ers!

I also DJed for a while but got out of that haha!

Attachments

• cobia.jpg
    cobia.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 7

Wooster

Shooting guns and Fantasy Football.

JonKerr

Elite Member

arse

Snowboarding. It changed my life. I enjoy it more than riding any motorcycle... Just a little bit. Backcountry, powder stashes, glades, trees, all the shit I dream of and pursue. I started when I was 23. Winter after I started riding motorcycles.

Grumpy

Have a few hobbies, some where old professions but life goes on.

I still do a bit of Fine Art Photography with a couple of local shows every other year or so. I try to take my camera with me when I ride just in case I run by something I like. :) Got a question about how to use a camera, lighting, metering, just ask.

UncleHilty

Surfs up dudes! Surfing for 30+ years still try to paddle out as much as possible. Last 9 years Shotokan Karatedo, training 3 nights a week! My 51 year old body loves it when i take a day off to ride!ha!

arefz6r

Old Fart

I have done custom woodwork for the last 30 plus years. I do a lot of stuff for the old car hobby locally. Truck beds, dashes and a console from time to time. Working on a 31 Ford now. It was a steel car but we cut the body off and I am making it into a woody. Just finished reproducing the wood mounting pieces for a 40 Ford sedan delivery. They bring me sawdust and I get to try and make new parts from that. I guess the other hobby I have is being with my 7 grandkids. They keep Pops pretty busy. At 62 I just bought my FZ so I could leave the Venture in the garage for the long runs.
I enjoy fishing as well especially when I get to go to the Boundry Waters in Minnesota.

Deathdiesel

I have a good long standing hobby for headphones and audio. For my headphone rig alone, I have spent around $1300-1500, planning on upgrading soon to a bigger better setup too.

I also enjoy computers, hate working on them, love seeing results of them though.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

roundhouse

i like shooting, fishing/ camping, and Muay Thai boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I am not good at any thing listed but I try real hard and have alot of fun with them.

Attachments

• esee.jpg
    esee.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 3
  • 2012-05-27_11-54-46_504.jpg
    2012-05-27_11-54-46_504.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8